No announcement yet.

48 Hours (514)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was so much going on in this episode it was great.Teal'c and his jaffa revenge thing was cool and it was funny to see him appear at the end not knowing what had happened.
    Jack and maybourne were brilliant together as always the interaction they have always makes for a good episode.
    Mckay's best episode ever including his atlantis ones!
    Carters technobabble was on top form in this one and had to be to keep up with Mckay,although I'm not sure she planned the DHD to explode.
    And daniel had a good role in liasing with the russians, although I think he could have got a bit angrier .

Comment

one of my favourites of season 5, still a few plot holes could not make this an episode into my top 10 ever favourites unfortunately.
      For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

this was like Darkstar said had plot holes but this was still a brill episode

Comment

An alright episode but good intro for McKay!

Comment

Originally posted by S.G.C
            this was like Darkstar said had plot holes but this was still a brill episode
            Wait!!!! plothole?? Where?? Point me to some!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Just finished watching this episode for the first time. Noticed the comments about the first shot in Moscow, and I had to go back and look to be sure. As background, I spent 3 weeks in Moscow in '90, and 4 months there in '93. I brought up the scene in question, and played it back and forth a few times. It is not a CGI composite, it is an actual shot of Red Square. From the angle, it seems the camera is sitting on the Kremlin tower above the entrance that is right near St Basil's Cathedral. It starts at the church, and then pans down Red Square along the opposite side from the Kremlin (it would be roughly at the back of the camera operator.) The major building that is the focus of the shot, and is likely the one being confused with the Winter Palace, is GUM, the old Soviet-era government run mall. You can identify it from the domed windows in the roof, which run the length of the building. Lenin's tomb is on the left side of the shot.

To make sure, I went and dug out my pictures from the trip, and I have one that is nearly at the same angle as the end of the shot, and it looks the same.

Good episode, by the way. Always love when Teal'c uses that big death glider gun as his personal hand cannon.

Comment

Hello,

Iam looking for screencaptures of the Russian soldiers ( and of their suit )
                You can see them when arround the time that Dr. Jackson and Major Davis argue about what to offer the Russians.

ive found one but I need one where you can see clearly the camo suit

thanks

Comment

Why do you need it?
                  sigpic

Comment

i watched 48 hours last night again. I really like this episode. I enjoyed the interaction between carter and mckay, and maybourne is great especially the part with them running around the car. maybourne and mckay make me laugh. i dont like simmons but its always good to have baddies in the show in my opinion.

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Originally posted by scifi_girl
                      i watched 48 hours last night again. I really like this episode. I enjoyed the interaction between carter and mckay, and maybourne is great especially the part with them running around the car. maybourne and mckay make me laugh. i dont like simmons but its always good to have baddies in the show in my opinion.
                      yeah McKay and Carter are awesome... especially with the lemon... you got the love them... everytime they are together i have to laugh.
                      And maybourne I don't know I don't like him very much in this episode, he was better in previous episodes.

Comment

I think his best episode was paradise lost which is a later episode.
                        sigpic

Comment

This episode was a great introduction to McKay! For his first episode he seemed like a very well developed character, his citrus allegy, the unbelievable arrogance (but its probably from being a genius and knowing he's always the smartest person in any room ). Especially liked the 'dumb blonde remark! The writers must have had future plan for him to have put that much thought into a character who only appeared twice in Stargate (before Atlantis started).

Comment

it is interesting that they did develop him more than any of the other 'walk ins' and then later included him on the atlantis expidition..

Comment

In terms of character development, McKay had more in his two episodes of SG-1 than Jonas did in the whole of season 6! There must have been some kind of plan for him, if not Atlantis then maybe head of some research team at the SGC? Or David Hewlett was given free rein to create an interesting character out of what the writers gave him to work with.

Comment

This was the episode that made me hate McKay. It took him SGA S1 to show me that he is actually cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X