No announcement yet.

Proving Ground (513)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought it was pretty entertaining average episode.

In this one, we got Grace Park before she was on Battlestar, and that guy who was in that commercial for Good Will (I think, he looked like him).

Spoiler:

Jack: Have fun Daniel.

Tomorrow, Teal'c is trapped, and <insert redshirt/Russian joke here>.
    sigpic

Comment

I always enjoy this ep

My LiveJournal post
      "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
      "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
      "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
      "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
      >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

I liked this ep much more this watch. Pity it was so obvious it wasn't actually real. I spotted the intars pretty fast.

Loved the part where Jack said to Daniel have fun and then slowly put the phone down.
        sigpic

Comment

I have always liked this episode because its something completely different. Never has the show put something from the point of view that is not SG1. In addition the episode is enjoyable it shows how th SGC recurits personel from their branches of the military. I find it interesting playing out the scenario of a foothold situation to test recurits ability to be SGC members. It also had a lot of humorous moments like Daniel wanting the chair and Satterfield's crush on him.
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Overall a good episode. It had some funny moments, especially with Jack. I wasn't a fan of lt. Tyler. I didn't like him at all, even though he sort of redeemed himself, I didn't see him as SGC material. Although the other trainees were horrid, save Haley, who was much more tolerable this time around. But the episode was good, but even the first time around, I figured it was a training session. It was a dead giveaway when jack allowed the other to recruits, who barley seemed to hold their own guns the right way, "help" him out. Haley and Tyler were capable, the other two not so much.

I was also amused on jack informing Daniel to have fun. Some good bantering in the episode
            Oh for a book and a shady nook ~ Jules' Book Reviews - my book review site.

Comment

I have more problems with the placement of this episode than of the episode itself. Another non-serious episode right after Wormhole Extreme.

Comment

I was pretty sure it was a training exercise. It just seemed like there was to much going on for the main characters to not be the problem solvers. The only time it got me was at the end when Haley was in the gateroom.
                sigpic

Comment

I figured this one out. Well not at first when Jack got shot. But as soon as they entered SGC and got to the armory, I knew.
                  And in the end, when Haley was missing, I knew too.
                  But it was entertaining, still.
                  I would have been cooler if it had been a real foothold, though.

But this is still a fave of mine....
                  Last edited by Cluas; 27 January 2013, 12:12 AM. Reason: to add

Comment

It was a true pity we never saw some of the others again. Haley yes.. The kid (was later used in the Tokra episodes).. The other 3... can't remember.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                      It was a true pity we never saw some of the others again. Haley yes.. The kid (was later used in the Tokra episodes).. The other 3... can't remember.
                      The kid, you mean Elliot, right. Yes, he was killed, and you say Haley is coming back? Hope so. I'm starting on season 6 today. Thanks for replying garhkal

Comment

An awful, awful episode which is in my bottom ten. It really wanted to be SG-1's answer to TNG's "Lower Decks" but it certainly isn't in the same league as that excellent episode. The writing is just plain terrible. As Jack said, the recruits are "the future of the Air Force, the programme, the entire planet. God help us." He may have warmed to them eventually but I sure as hell didn't. Hailey isn't as unspeakably irritating as she was in "Prodigy" but that's only because she doesn't play as big a role in this episode. I didn't yell "SHUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT UP!" at the screen even once when she was on it, in stark contrast to "Prodigy". Thanks be to Jesus that this is her last appearance though. We should be thankful for small mercies.

Elliott was very annoying as were Grogan and Satterfield but at least the two of them were more dull than irritating. Grace Park manages to deliver an even worse performance than she does in Battlestar Galactica (2004), which is actually quite impressive. None of them seemed like SG-team material to me. They were like kids dressed in adult clothing. At least Elliot dies soon, Hailey and Satterfield never return and Grogan only returns in "The Sentinel", another awful episode written by Ron Wilkerson, one of the series' weakest writers.

Did it really come as a surprise to anyone that the foothold situation was a test? If it was a real foothold situation, they would have all died horribly within about five minutes and I'd have been glad. This episode's only redeeming features are Teal'c telling Daniel over the radio that Sam will be executed on his order and Jack's perverse pleasure in seeing Daniel get injured. I think that a certain segment of the fanbase could relate to that!
                        Eugene V. Debs (1855-1926)

I have no country to fight for. My country is the Earth. I am a citizen of the world.

When great changes occur in history, when great principles are involved, as a rule the majority are wrong.

Comment

It was fun seeing their reactions to the foot hold situation..

Comment

Never noticed before, but when Daniel was in the chair and Jack was talking to him, caught the Window of Opportunity "do do do dododo" musical theme.

Nice episode, plenty of flaws as mentioned, but still enjoyed it.

Comment

It's fun little episode, where everybody has something to do - be it getting shot or enjoying someone else's chair for a bit. Lots of quirky moments, and fun dialogue. Great to see Hailey again, and she brought friends along.

Completely forgot Grace Park was Satterfield, who has a crush on Daniel. How sweet!

Lots of fun action. I really enjoy watching this episode.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I think I liked this more because a baby boomer is in it. Even without her I think it is a good episode. The only thing I didn't like is how they left all those guys in the room with the c4. I was thinking each of them would grab a guy and pull them out, but they just left them there. Other than that I enjoyed the episode.

Comment

Working...
                                X