No announcement yet.

Wormhole X-Treme! (512)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not unless Joe and the rest of the producers decide to revisit them. Given the current crisis, I don't see it happening.
    "In the middle of my back swing?!"

Comment

I had heard mixed things about this episode but I for one thought it was absolutely hilarious. The guy at the end getting the fake rocks thrown on top of him had me rolling.
      "I killed a city once. Funny story." - Wolverine

Comment

Originally posted by SGVern
        Not unless Joe and the rest of the producers decide to revisit them. Given the current crisis, I don't see it happening.
        I have started a thread about that.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=24878

Comment

Since episode 200 is going to be the third installment of the Martin Lloyd saga, I thought I'd watch this one again earlier today. Man, I had forgotten just how many hilarious moments were in this one. I watched the episode on it's own first, than watched it again listening to the commentary. So great.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

i didnt really like this episode
            sigpic
            Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

This was my least favourite sg ep.

Comment

I don't suppose anyone cares to elaborate on WHY they hated the ep, huh? Or is, "I didn't like it" supposed to tell us everything we need to know?

edit: as for Jack's comment about the security chick's outfit... I never got that, either. I think Joe said that it was supposed to be similar to something Michael Jackson wore, but what that has to do with ANYTHING (beyond maybe Michael looking like a white girl), I dunno.
                Last edited by ShadowMaat; 31 March 2006, 06:31 AM.

Comment

I've always liked this ep. Even without knowing all the inside jokes I thought it worked well. The guest characters were completely over the top, but the members of SG-1 remained the same. It was SG-1's reaction to these people that I found most amusing.

Comment

While Wormhole X-treme wasn't my favorite episode, there were some good parts to the show. I know there were a lot of insider references about SG-1 actors, producers, writers, etc and they were making fun of themselves. But what I liked it for was that, in a way, they were making fun of the whole genre. I always liked that Stargate never took itself too seriously, or as seriously as some other scifi shows have. Although maybe they went a little too over the top (I know someone is going to argue with me on this point).
                    I think the thing is that we want to see our heroes, well, heroically. And spoofing and the comedy may make some see them as less heroic and more comic.
                    As to whether, overall, I like the show or don't, well, that really depends on my mood of the day when I watch it!
                    I GoodSearch for the Michael J Fox Foundation for Parkinsons Research
                    Raise money for your favorite charity - www.goodsearch.com - powered by Yahoo!

Comment

i thought it was stuipd
                      sigpic
                      Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

I just don't understand why so many people seem to hate this episode (well, I understand a little...).

For me, the landmark episodes needs to be different. Sure, a big dramatic thing can happen, but then it's just a scaled up version of what we usually get. WX, IMHO, was the perfect way to wrap up the first 100 episodes of SG1.

Comment

I just saw this episode today for the first time- I thought it was freakin hilarious. And going by the list of jokes on the ep page, I was quite surprised that I got about 4/5 of them- a few went over my head but it was it ever funny.....

"JUST GO WRITE SOMETHING!"

Comment

Every time someone asks a writer where s/he gets his/her ideas, I hear Matin's voice in my head. It's kinda disturbing.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                              Every time someone asks a writer where s/he gets his/her ideas, I hear Matin's voice in my head. It's kinda disturbing.
                              Lol, I loved that line.....

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                                I don't suppose anyone cares to elaborate on WHY they hated the ep, huh? Or is, "I didn't like it" supposed to tell us everything we need to know?

edit: as for Jack's comment about the security chick's outfit... I never got that, either. I think Joe said that it was supposed to be similar to something Michael Jackson wore, but what that has to do with ANYTHING (beyond maybe Michael looking like a white girl), I dunno.
                                Personally i felt it was "cheesey"

Comment

Working...
                                X