No announcement yet.

Wormhole X-Treme! (512)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is my favourite episode because it's a laugh, especially the filming of the fake show which is clearly a p*** take of Star Trek. Nick Marlow is so obviously based on every takes-himself-sooooooooo-seriously-macho-man actor that in itself is hilarious, it must have been fun to film, and the 'Behind the scenes Documentry' at the ends was the best

Comment

This was a great episode. Very funny and I like how at the end Jack realizes the aliens just want to leave. Hope they repay the favor someday.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Ingram
        i am glad that this is the 100th episode because this is soo how Stargate should be celebrated by taking the 'mick' out of itself which is what is great about the show and this episode. all the self important stuff when filming the fake promos abd dig at T.V and sci-fi in general is great.
        I agree - one of the things i love about stargate is that they don't take themselves too seriously. From interviews and dvd extras i get the impression that the actors and crew are constantly laughing at themselves or each other, and i would guess that they had a lot of fun making this episode.

There are a lot of in-jokes, but personally i like the way this episode is 'for the fans'. Obviously they couldn't make every episode this inaccessible to the average viewer, but i think we should cut them some slack for their 100th episode and let them have some fun with it. Episodes like this are a reward to fans for watching all the others, and for me it was definately in the top 3 funniest eps ever.

McKay: In military parlance surprise... is an element on our side.

Comment

I have also always loved this ep, and think it's one of the funniest ever! The show pokes fun at itself, and Jack gets to be the calm outside observer, watching all the madness!

I always liked Martin's nerdy character, and was glad they came back and resolved his story.

It is also fun to know that it's all taking place at Bridge, hear the discussions about Cable Ace awards, the cost of special effects and hear the Wormhole X-Treme actors arguing with the crew about the scripts. And, of course, like every Stargate-SG1 ep in recent memory, it's full of DeLuises!

Comment

What I like about his episode other than the humor and decent story is that all of the cast and crew of Stargate SG-1 gets to have a brief cameo appearance in it. A nice little reward for those who work hard off-screen every episode but are never seen.

I hope SGA does something amusing like this when they get to their 100th episode.

Can't wait for the 200th SG-1 episode.
            * Always remember - You are unique, just like everyone else. *

* Avoid employing unlucky people, throw half of the CVs in the bin without reading them. *

Lost City, Part 2 - The Gateworld best ep S1-7

The 'Everyone Gets A Compliment' Thread

Comment

I know a lot of folks don't like this ep, but i think it's pretty quality. it can't be watched often, it's best with occasional viewings, like "Citezen joe" in the way that some of the jokes just poke fun the SG world. like the stupid stuff that people notice and ask why this happens. like the "everyone speaking english" bit, "the apples/painted kiwis" and the furling thing from citezen joe. these little moments are priceless. but the best bit: Daniel's face when he sees his counterpart say "dammit colonel, just because they're aliens and they're skulls are transparent doesn't mean they don't have rights!". classic!

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Its nice to see them go back and finish a story off, although I kinda liked martin, the whole idea of a show in a show was great.
                The alien ship at the end was good as well, especially when the crew said they had seen better.
                Sometimes it's nice to have a show that has a humorous slant on it and lets us see SG1 when they are not saving the planet.
                Not an episode I could watch often though!

Comment

Comedy Centeral at Stargate Sg-1's 100th Episode!!!! YAY

Comment

A little below average for me, one of the least funny episodes (i didnt like urgo even more than this) but at least it was cancelled after one episode........

Comment

Ok, I didn't get one of the inside jokes so maybe someone can explain it to me.

When Jack is talking to the security officer about emailing a list of visitors names he says something like "nice outfit". It's obviously supposed to be some kind of joke but I can't figure it out. Can anybody help?
                      It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

^I was wondering about that quote, too. I think that should've explain in some way the inside jokes that were in the show. Overall the episode was cute.
                        Just sitting here at the computer..typing my life away!

Comment

A great episode! One of my all-time favorites that I saw once and waited for it to be on Sci-Fi again! I loved the in-jokes with members of the crew playing parts of the crew on Wormhole X-treme! I was kinda disapointed by the small parts of the main characters (with the exception of O'Neill) but hey, this was meant more or less to parody the show and sci-fi shows in general. What was really good was at the end of the episode with all the behind the scenes footage from Worhole X-treme with the actor playing Nick Marlowe / Colonel Danning ( Michael DeLuise, brother of Peter you know who ) wanting to know what Wormhole X-treme couldn't be a real TV show to his brother Peter! I'm putting this on my top ten favorite episodes list!

timdalton007
                          Last edited by timdalton007; 25 October 2005, 11:16 AM. Reason: Additional information

Comment

Aww i like this episode its really funny and the guy who is curnal reminds me of Joey from friends he's hilarious! Love the bit at the end with the real space ship! Kool episode!
                            http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y15...el/friends.jpg

Comment

Do we ever get to find out more about Martin's race?
                              "You don't know half of it".
                              Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
                              (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Comment

I don't think we've seen Martin again up through the first half of season 9, but there's always hope for the future.
                                SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

Working...
                                X