Wormhole X-Treme! (512)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shipper hannah
    i loved this episode i thought it was hilarious... especially the bit at the end.... i have to say i'm a sucker for the comedy episodes of stargate.
    Comedy is one of the things I love about Stargate; it's not afraid to have a bit of fun & inside jokes, & even with an ep as OTT as this one, they still produce quality entertainment. I enjoyed it, esp the beginning when they're all watching the trailer. Since I've had my DVDs & they've been putting more behind-the-scenes stuff on, I've re-watched it & like spotting the crew!
    Oy-Vey!!!

Comment

I haven't seen all of this episode, I think just the last half, and I like it. The writers deserved a break! I think in Essential Scripts it says that the hundredth episode is the only one that they'd ever even think of doing something as outrageous as 'Wormhome X-treme!' for. Okay, so the storyline kind of...sucked and it wasn't especially funny unless you knew the background story behind the jokes, but since not every episode degenerated into a load of throwaway gags, I'd say this one was fine.

Comment

I love the episode its great full of The Writers and directors taking the mick out of themselves.
        Peter De Luise:No BIGGER!!
        Also with the outtakes at the end of the show
        Danner:What do you mean this isn't a real show?
        Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Originally posted by Metarock Sam
          Danner:What do you mean this isn't a real show?
          Am I getting paid real money?

Wormhole X-treme wasn't my favourite ep, but when I eventually saw it, I had heard all sorts bad stuff about it, and I guess it was a lot better than what I expected.
          Fugly Space Babes: Spork one for Weir!
          Hussy of Babylon ~ Member of UHM

Comment

this was soo bland.....

Comment

Originally posted by zats
              I haven't seen all of this episode, I think just the last half, and I like it. The writers deserved a break! I think in Essential Scripts it says that the hundredth episode is the only one that they'd ever even think of doing something as outrageous as 'Wormhome X-treme!' for. Okay, so the storyline kind of...sucked and it wasn't especially funny unless you knew the background story behind the jokes, but since not every episode degenerated into a load of throwaway gags, I'd say this one was fine.
              I loved it! But then, I also enjoyed Citizen Joe, with an even lamer storyline. All of the jokes...I don't want to contrast it with WoO, because I haven't seen WoO in a long time, but I think the two were comparable in terms of time I spent laughing for each.

Comment

Originally posted by yasureubetcha
                I loved it! But then, I also enjoyed Citizen Joe, with an even lamer storyline. All of the jokes...I don't want to contrast it with WoO, because I haven't seen WoO in a long time, but I think the two were comparable in terms of time I spent laughing for each.
                I don't mind a crappy storyline as long as it makes me laugh. Galactic silliness can salvage anything.

Comment

I found this episode to be okay in terms of storyline, but the humour made up for anything it was lacking. Especially the documentry-style interviews at the end.

Comment

I found this episode very entertaining! Technically it was a filler episode, but it was nice to follow up on the aliens/marty.

My first thought when watching a clip from WX was 'wow, the acting is really, REALLY bad...wait, this must be a spoof!'

I believe the alien princess in the pink outfit was the same actress from 'The Other Side'.

My favourite moments:

-Teal'c's get-up serving food on the set, the most hilarious yet I've seen him in. I should really find a pic...

-Teal'c suddenly being all commanding (same scene with outfit above), saying LEAVE US!!' and then Jack's response to that 'whoa!'

-Marty and Co. trying to get the spoofed Jaffa to raise just one eyebrow like Teal'c

-Marty saying 'Oh, it's Murray!' and the look on Teal'c's face afterwards

-The spoofed Carter asking why if she's out of phase she doesn't go through the floor

-The spoofed Jack (Danner?) being like 'what do you mean, it's not a REAL SHOW?!' at the end, and also Danner's asking about the height difference

Comment

What about when SG-1 are watching the promo for the show and we have the spoofed Daniel

"Just because they don't have eyes, doesn't mean they don't have rights!" *Starts to well up as if to cry".

Hehe.

Comment

^^^
                        Bwahahahaha. I forgot about that one!

Comment

all i have to say LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO about the stupid jokes and the BAD acting and BAD writing for the X-Treme series and my lovely Teal'c as a waiter 'LEAVE US!!!!' lol

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand action...hehehehhe

other than that....it was cool epi. this is a stupid episode and that is the reason i like it
                          Last edited by valaCB; 04 May 2005, 01:30 AM.

Comment

i agree that there were a lot of injokes and it helps to listen to the commentary to get some of them. but the main concept itself i find hilariuos. yes i was dissapointed that the main players do not have big a part in this as i would have hoped. but i am glad that this is the 100th episode because this is soo how Stargate should be celebrated by taking the 'mick' out of itself which is what is great about the show and this episode. all the self important stuff when filming the fake promos abd dig at T.V and sci-fi in general is great.

personally i love this ep cause it is funny and very silly and a great way to celebrate the 100th ep. graunted not as good as window of oppotunnity and perhaps not the all time funniest ep they've ever done but it satisfied me no end.
                            McKay: I'm not crazy. I just have another consciousness in my brain.

McKay: Yeah Anubis this is your agent. You're playing it WAY over the top. Could you get serious please!!

Carter: You know you blow up one sun, and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.

McKay: Come on how offten do you get to travel to an alien planet?
                            Beckett: I was already on an alien planet

Comment

This ep was hilarious. I don't understand why people are talking about "inside jokes that you have to see the commentary to get" - most of the jokes seemed pretty obvious to me and I haven't heard the commentary. I could understand not liking the ep since it pretty much had no real story, but worst ever? puh-lease, go watch Grace or One False Step again.

Wormhole X-Treme is an excellent example of why I enjoy the show so much: they do not take themselves seriously at all. (I think I just figured out why so many people don't like the ep- because they're taking things too seriously.)

Comment

what inside jokes??? did i miss something?

Comment

Working...
                                X