Desperate Measures (511)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LeftHandedGuitarist View Post
    I generally really enjoy the Earth-based episodes that deal with conspiracies and politics, but this is the weak link. It has a lot of ingredients that should make it a fun episode (Maybourne, Simmonds), but it failed to engage me.

I've been trying to pinpoint why and I think what I don't like about this episode is the casting - I think the wrong choices were made in regards to the guest cast. They are all bland, forgettable and don't quite look right for the parts they are playing (with the exception of the tramp, who is pretty great!), the main offenders being Adrian Conrad and his lady friend.

The subplot involving Carter's incarceration is also not played out or developed anywhere near enough to be interesting. The shock ending brings the episode up a little bit, you never expect to see Jack get shot.

RATING: 6 out of 10
    I agree with this post about this episode.

I did like Daniel pretending to be electrocuted, Harry/Jack scenes, and the homeless guy.

Mostly, I got annoyed with how stupid it was to think that a Goa'uld could be tamed. If they read the reports to find out about Sam/ Jolinar, then they should know Goa'uld and Tok'ra are different situations altogether.

Comment

Phew, this one's going down as a poor. I never felt like I had to care about this "dramatic" disappearance or that Carter was about to be used as a guinnea-pig (dead or alive).

I felt meh almost all the way throughout the episode. I have a few choice words for the two "doctors" about their oath but I guess they both failed ethics in medical school.

Desperate people do desperate things when trying to stave off the inevitable, and so does Adrian which is good for Simmons cause now he has a Goa'uld pet to play with.

Maybourne's back for a little bit and there's at least one homeless guy who's going to be happy to find all those National Geographic issues on his front porch.

How would you rate SG-1's "Desperate Measures?"

Excellent
      Good
      Fair
      Poor
      Terrible
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I agree with you, it was a poor episode.

Comment

3-episode quiz: Desperate Measures, Wormhole X-Treme & Proving Ground

Jigsaw puzzle: Desperate Measures

Comment

7:23

Comment

... hrrrm..... maybe he should have kidnaped carter to try to get a sample of residue of jolinars dna... that would have made more sense.... or have the gouuld already in control of him and we find out slowly they already did it to cure him

and only over time do we realize thiers pictures of him paralyzed still around and carter doesnt pick up on the gouuld due to not being close enough, then poof we find out he wants jolinars info to have bartering when he builds a space ship and leaves,

or finds and activates another hidden space ship say in ... oh somewhere in south america or egypt, or maybe one buried in the ocean when thier was a flood and no one bothered to retrieve it etc

so he has to get a submarine or maybe he builds a really cool hi tech submersible plane or something we havent seen, caus the space mcgyver episodes are always fun etc

i was glad to see something interesting with tihe home less also... of course if a gouuld had ever decided to use the good old fashioned cult scheme to recruit homeless people to create a factory to build robots or attack ships and then convert them into jaffa that would ahve been interesting etc

my point is i agree, most earth based episodes i found dry and boring because i watch to see sci fi, and amazing stories, see thats why i liked hathors episodes, they were dry almost, but they were still fun and interesting and almost intoxicatingly fun

Comment

I disagree with FH. I quite like this episode. The best antagonist is one you can sympathize with. I don't condone what Conrad did but I can understand why. The moral high ground is hard when your dying. Also I do quite like the Starsky and Hutch episodes. Plus NINJAS.

I give it a good and 6 minutes 28 seconds
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Wow. Another episode where I (mostly) agree with jelgate.

What is the world coming to?

Seaboe
                  If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Maybe you are seeing reason in your old age?
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                      Wow. Another episode where I (mostly) agree with jelgate.

What is the world coming to?
                      Am I going to have to dig that fallout shelter after-all?

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        Maybe you are seeing reason in your old age?
                        I thought you were.

Seaboe
                        If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

10.32. At least I am consistant.
                          http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
                            10.32. At least I am consistant.
                            YAY!!! Who Knows!

Comment

My time: 6:35

Comment

Show off again
                                And you are the loser? Heaven help me then
                                http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Working...
                                X