• Time
  • Show
Clear All

simmons is a right piece of work i am so glad
    Spoiler:
    that he gets jettison into space in the episode prometheus

*spoiler for the episode prometheus*

Comment

I just watched this episode for the first time. I am faintly familiar with Maybourne only due to having seen the later seasons, but not the earlier ones.

I quite enjoyed the episode, I agree that the chemistry between Jack and Maybourne is quite good, perhaps because they are both cynics. It is nice to see Jack in his traditional role as a soldier/warrior. I liked the fact he brought the National Geographics to the homeless guy - nice character touch.

I am assuming that Simmons and the industrialist Gaould are part of the precursors to the development of The Trust down the road, so this seems to be a rather pivotal episode should this be the case.

I give the episode a 7.5 out of 10. It was not edge of the seat stuff, but it kept my attention.
      ---------------------
      sigpic
      Another theory on the expansion of the universe collapses!

Comment

It is nice to see Jack and Harry working together. I rewally hate Simmons. He can rot with Kinsey.
        Some say that he has only one ear.
        And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
        All we know is he's called
        sigpic

Comment

Their is no proof that Kinsey is dead
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

my fav quote:
            Maybourne: Played a lot of hide'n'seek as a kid. It's funny, I could always find anyone anywhere, but they could never find me.
            Jack : Because they didn't *want* to.

Comment

A good episode but not one of my favorites of the season.
              sigpic

Comment

Cool ep. Creepy chase scenes, interesting villains. I wonder what Conrad's symbiont is called...
                sigpic

Comment

The "ninja's" line at the beginning is good, but I love the "I've been shot" line with the classic Jack inflection at the end.

It was awful convenient they found a jaffa with a mature enough symbiote for the implantation to work

Comment

I generally really enjoy the Earth-based episodes that deal with conspiracies and politics, but this is the weak link. It has a lot of ingredients that should make it a fun episode (Maybourne, Simmonds), but it failed to engage me.

I've been trying to pinpoint why and I think what I don't like about this episode is the casting - I think the wrong choices were made in regards to the guest cast. They are all bland, forgettable and don't quite look right for the parts they are playing (with the exception of the tramp, who is pretty great!), the main offenders being Adrian Conrad and his lady friend.

The subplot involving Carter's incarceration is also not played out or developed anywhere near enough to be interesting. The shock ending brings the episode up a little bit, you never expect to see Jack get shot.

RATING: 6 out of 10
                    Private guitar tuition | Return To Grace - rock/pop party band

Comment

Does it ever occur to the SGC or government to provide bodyguards or locator microchips to the Stargate staff to protect them in the event of attempted kidnapping,?
                      A person like Carter who travels around the galaxy like we travel by car is totally vulnerable when outside of SGC, especially when they know there are domestic enemies?
                      By the way, how did the special effects people produce the symbiote swimming in the glass container? It is very realistic.

Comment

At some point I stick a VHS into my Halls of Residence machine.

1. The ep looked to be an interesting enough set up.

2. Forgot how Well Sam did in dealing with the attackers.

3. Cool to see how Maybourne has very much become the lesser of two evils.

4. Oh Diana you stupid idiot...

5. Simmons is very slimey.

Second best Earth-bound ep in SG1.
                        I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

A pretty good episode even if it was a little average.

We now have Goa'uld on the loose. And Maybourne's whereabouts are currently unknown, but will be revealed in the episode 48 Hours.

Tomorrow, The 100th episode, an awesome episode, the show within a show.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dave2 View Post
                            Does it ever occur to the SGC or government to provide bodyguards or locator microchips to the Stargate staff to protect them in the event of attempted kidnapping,?
                            A person like Carter who travels around the galaxy like we travel by car is totally vulnerable when outside of SGC, especially when they know there are domestic enemies
                            Locator chips come along a few seasons from now.

Comment

Not so big on this episode myself, but not so bad. I still get into it and get worried about Sam.

My LiveJournal post
                              "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                              "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                              "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                              "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                              >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

"Ninjas!"

Best scene in the episode!

....and poor Jack gets shot in the back, love how he assumes it's Maybourne. Of course I like any episode with Maybourne in it, always there when shady deals come to light!

Comment

Working...
                                X