No announcement yet.

Desperate Measures (511)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really liked this episode. It's good to see Maybourne again. When he first appeared, in his first couple of episodes, I really didn't like him at all, but I've grown to like him now. He's like a loveable rogue! Also, Col. Simmons = EVIL! Urgh, what a slimeball he is...I hope he gets his comeuppance at some point!

Originally posted by Rhydderch Hael View Post

On another note, I kinda hated the Superwoman-esque "...she's strong. That dose was enough to knock out a man twice her size...". There's never been any indication that former Goa'uld infestation granted the once-host a greater resistance to disease or drugs. Her ability to remain semi-conscious after a large dose of sedative was both non-canonical as well as reinforcing the Wonder Woman syndrome that Sam is plagued with.
    Hmm, I don't know. All I took from this is that the presence of Naquadah in Sam's system possibly makes her more resilient to sedation, which doesn't mean she is super-strong, just resistant to smaller doses of sedation. But I guess it's hard to tell what they were implying there for sure.

But yeah, overall, this was an exciting episode.
    "I have read of a place where humans do battle in a ring of Jello..."

Comment

Originally posted by Cascade View Post
      Hmm, I don't know. All I took from this is that the presence of Naquadah in Sam's system possibly makes her more resilient to sedation, which doesn't mean she is super-strong, just resistant to smaller doses of sedation. But I guess it's hard to tell what they were implying there for sure.

But yeah, overall, this was an exciting episode.
      I've just watched the S3 episode "Foothold", where Sam also is resistant to sedation. It's explained here that she is more resistant to it because the presence of Jolinar altered her body chemistry.
      "I have read of a place where humans do battle in a ring of Jello..."

Comment

I really liked this ep, i like maybourne ones, and i also like ones where they are on earth trying to solve things.
        sigpic
        Thanks to WingedPegasus and myself for the sigs, and to Myn for the userbar.

Comment

yeah, that's an issue that's been raised a lot, it's very unrealistic.

they do it again in metamorphosis, where sam is on the brink of melting, then fine

she should have at least been sitting down in jammies too in the end
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

just after watching this episode, pretty class, the old homeless guy was hilarious with his 'ninjas'!
            anyway, i wonder was maybourne still around when jack got shot, or did he know that it was going to happen? had he communicated with simmons?.....

Comment

Originally posted by StargateSG8 View Post
              just after watching this episode, pretty class, the old homeless guy was hilarious with his 'ninjas'!
              anyway, i wonder was maybourne still around when jack got shot, or did he know that it was going to happen? had he communicated with simmons?.....

I seriously doubt Maybourne stuck around. Or that he communicated with Simmons. If he had I'm thinking Simmons would have been dead. He sold Maybourne down the river.

suse
              sigpic
              Mourning Sanctuary.
              Thanks for the good times!

Comment

i think harry ran, cause he knew jack would kick his ass. sam was safe and harry was 'redeemed'

simmons shot jack, not just to get control of conrad, but i think also to 'show him' for getting in the way
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  i think harry ran, cause he knew jack would kick his ass. sam was safe and harry was 'redeemed'

simmons shot jack, not just to get control of conrad, but i think also to 'show him' for getting in the way
                  I don't think so, in my opinion Harry ran because he was a convict that was wanted by the federal government for conspiracy. As for Simmons shooting Jack, in my opinion it was because Simmons is a back stabbing jackass.

But that's just my opinion.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake View Post
                    I don't think so, in my opinion Harry ran because he was a convict that was wanted by the federal government for conspiracy. As for Simmons shooting Jack, in my opinion it was because Simmons is a back stabbing jackass.

But that's just my opinion.
                    I agree with you. I think at that point, shooting o'neill was the most expedient way for simmonds to complete his objective.

Comment

Originally posted by 1.618 View Post
                      I agree with you. I think at that point, shooting o'neill was the most expedient way for simmonds to complete his objective.
                      Yep, not that he had an exact objective he was just poking around for something he could exploit.
                      sigpic

Comment

Does anyone stick around and watch the rerun's of SG-1 episodes after atlantis?

This is a great episode haven't seen it in so long.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
                          Does anyone stick around and watch the rerun's of SG-1 episodes after atlantis?

This is a great episode haven't seen it in so long.
                          Watching it right now!

I really like this episode too. The Jolinar storyline is one of my favorites in the series, so it was great to see continued fallout for Carter from that experience.

I liked how the team instantly mobilized to find Carter even though they didn't have jurisdiction, and watching Jack and Maybourne together is always fun.

Loved Daniel's line about how it feels to get electrocuted.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                            Watching it right now!

I really like this episode too. The Jolinar storyline is one of my favorites in the series, so it was great to see continued fallout for Carter from that experience.

I liked how the team instantly mobilized to find Carter even though they didn't have jurisdiction, and watching Jack and Maybourne together is always fun.

Loved Daniel's line about how it feels to get electrocuted.
                            Yup... an overall great story. Same with Prometheus that's on now also.

Comment

jack and maybourne together are always fun to watch.

the rich tycoon and his cohorts are all pathetic.

Comment

Did no one get the simpsons reference made by the homeless man?
                                Feet, I said! Look at those feet! Feet like that... huge! Never trust a man with feet that big.
                                Which is a quote to one of the early simpsons episodes, where sideshow Bob frames Krusty for robbery. The line was originally said by Bart, on how he caught sideshow Bob out.
                                Last edited by Automission; 04 December 2008, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X