Desperate Measures (511)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Captain Amazing
    This is a fantastic episode! Great O'Neill/Maybourne scenes and the brilliant John DeLancie is back as Col. Simmons.

Good ending too!

Why does it get such a low rating in the Fan Poll on the Episode guide? I can't believe someone wouldn't like this ep!
    agree! excellent episode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by valaCB; 03 May 2005, 11:50 PM.

Comment

This was a very good episode. The only thing I didn't catch was the opener with the Russians, I guess when they steal the symbiote, I missed that this is what was happening. Maybe I looked away at the wrong time.

Comment

Originally posted by fair_nymph

I loved Daniel's little trick, pretending to be electrocuted and then zatting one of the guard's. It struck me as a very Daniel thing to do -- kind of like how in 'Tangent' he announced to a Goa'ul ship that he was 'the great and powerful Oz'. Daniel can be very silly sometimes.
        Yes. And I loved the "I have insurance" line. So apt.

I loved Sam's 'super womanness' -- I kept yelling 'Go Sam!' whenever she kicked some a**. I love how competent she is in every way. She seems pretty fit, too. Although, I wish she had been able to get herself out of there, without having to ' be saved' by Jack.
        I loved how she took on the 3 "ninjas" (as the homeless guy called them) and almost got the better of them.

Comment

I enjoyed this one a lot,any episode with maybourne in, is interesting. Those poor russians are always getting wasted,you wouldn't want to be involved in their stargate project!
          Sam was great in this one including the rescue which she didn't need.

Comment

Hey this is a great epi, even with no offworld in it. Gotta love Sam in it. Her escape had me cheering, oh she was so close!
            It's a good arc, and I like when, later, Jack sees and chases Maybourne cause he thinks he shot him.
            Ya I was surprised too to see that ratings were low for this one, but glad to see here people liked it.
            "Do you people practice being vague?"

Comment

^You took the words right out of my mouth!!!!

Comment

Hi!
                There's a new interview of Bill Marchant, the actor playing Adrian Conrad.
                He made some comments about this episode:

>> Bill Marchant interview
                Gilles
                http://www.thescifiworld.net

Amanda Tapping interview
                Ben Browder interview
                Beau Bridges interview

Comment

This ep was great. Not only did it set up a great arc but it showed how desperate people can get too. And btw the best opening sequence for an episode ever with the homless guy going 'Ninjas!!!!!!!!'.
                  Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Pretty good episode, a little boring..............and we never did find out the Gouald's name that was in that guy.........o well

Comment

The actor himself doesn't knows his name ... nobody has never gived him a name in fact ...
                      Gilles
                      http://www.thescifiworld.net

Amanda Tapping interview
                      Ben Browder interview
                      Beau Bridges interview

Comment

Thanks, now all I can think of is the Veggie Tales video Lyle the Kindly Viking with its silly song High Silk Hat. I'll be singing it all night.
                        Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

I liked this episode Jack was so cute as ever!
                          http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y15...el/friends.jpg

Comment

Question: On the commentary, Peter says that "User Number 4574" is significant in regards to John de Lancie. I am clueless as to what that means. Can anybody help?
                            sigpic

Comment

In an earlier episode user 4574 "The guy who shoots jack at the end and takes the gou'ld" trys to shut down the sgc but ofcourse he fails. User 4574 is a user id number that in this earlier episode has tried to hack into the sgc computer records.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
                                Question: On the commentary, Peter says that "User Number 4574" is significant in regards to John de Lancie. I am clueless as to what that means. Can anybody help?
                                The earlier episode I was talking about is called the 5th man it is in season 5
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X