No announcement yet.

2001 (510)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At some point I put a VHS in my Hall of Res machine...no scratch that I actually remember watching this one with Mum over a weekend...

1. Was surprised they went back to this arc but the set up sounded interesting enough.

2. Opening scene, Mum and I look at each other and go "uh oh".

3. Any ideas who Joe had been prior to this?

4. Kinsey, are you completely insane? Was he actually implying that Jack had travelled back from 2010?

5. Very nice blag though in terms of getting that translation but they left Joe behind!

Very good ep, bullet dodged!
    I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

I love this episode! The Aschen are a terrific invention with their patience.

I had a good laugh at the commentary. Evidently, Walter, the techie, had his own story line about his battle with constipation. Watch carefully and you will see him with a bran muffin and later pepto bismal in a cup with a straw.
      Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

I had a good laugh at the commentary. Evidently, Walter, the techie, had his own story line about his battle with constipation. Watch carefully and you will see him with a bran muffin and later pepto bismal in a cup with a straw.
        Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Always wondered what could be worse than a black hole as far as gate addresses getting "progressively worse"!

Jack likening the Aschen to a "planet of accountants"! I work in accounts and found this funny, so having a sense of humour ruined that comparison then!

I liked Ambassador Joe, it was a shame he was left behind, don't you just wish that it was Kinsey instead, although on second thought he would have pushed Sam aside and gone down the rope first! Great scene with Sam hanging above the gate and then dropping into it.

Great use of a pretty rural location to give the impression of an idyllic life working with the Aschen, with the ugly truth hidden underneath, both under the planet and the Aschen veneer of generosity. Great episode.

Comment

Pretty good episode.

So we pissed off some aliens we just met.

There was suppose to be a third part to the episode, I would've liked to seen it. Yes, I know Brad has given us some info on what was planned for that third part, but still.

I'll probably continue the Commentary section again, next week. As I said yesterday, I'm having a bad week.

Tomorrow, a new Goa'uld (granted a minor one) comes into the mix.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mathpiglet View Post

Haha, I never noticed that! Poor Walter!

My LiveJournal post
              "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
              "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
              "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
              "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
              >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

I always find this episode as better of the two Aschen episodes. Yes it could be said they the answer of what happened to the Volians is quite obvious as 2010 tells us how the Aschen like to fight with sterelity. But I like how this episode suggest how we were probably orginally swayed by the Aschen in the first place. All they were willing to give us was probably too tempting to refuse. I wonder how much Kinsey interfered the first time. It does seem within his frame of character. From an action point thier is always something I like from watching Carter sacrifice Joe and cut that rope and fall through the gate even from a medical standpoint she should be unconscious
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

I enjoyed the second part to the Aschen's story arc almost as much as the first. I think what made it so good was as a viewer, you know what they're all about, and you're waiting to see if SG-1 will figure it out. Jack seemed to waiver first, his untrustworthy nature pays off.

I get Kinsey is the bad guy and all, but when their is overwhelming evidence that this new race as a secret agenda to wipe out the human race, you think, uh clue in. Ah well, still a good episode and yet another man who has a crush on Carter dies. It's a miracle Jack has survived this long.
                  Oh for a book and a shady nook ~ Jules' Book Reviews - my book review site.

Comment

This was an alright ep. I liked 2010 more though.

It was great seeing Teal'c and and Daniel doing stuff together.

And there goes another one of Sam's boyfriends.
                    sigpic

Comment

Why did Major Carter have to send in her SG1 code at the end? Didn't that actually open the Iris and open the potential possibility that the bio-weapon would make it through the gate? The only other way to look at it is that the Aschen have a signal to open the Iris? Or did the Aschen not know about the Iris at all? Making the attack on Earth futile from the very beginning. Also why didn't the ambassador climb down the rope with her?

This ending is sloppy sloppy sloppy.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanysh View Post
                        Why did Major Carter have to send in her SG1 code at the end? Didn't that actually open the Iris and open the potential possibility that the bio-weapon would make it through the gate?
                        Because if she didn't open it, she couldn't get through to warn them never to open the iris for the Aschen again.

Also why didn't the ambassador climb down the rope with her?
                        Because he was busy fighting off the Aschen guard.

Seaboe
                        If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

I disagree. The whole end of this episode just feels wrong. Like it was written at the last second.

Comment

What do you disagree with? That Sam had to open the iris to warn them, or that Joe was off fighting the Aschen guard?

You are certainly entitled to your opinion; I was merely trying to answer the questions you posed.

Seaboe
                            If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Vanysh View Post
                              Why did Major Carter have to send in her SG1 code at the end? Didn't that actually open the Iris and open the potential possibility that the bio-weapon would make it through the gate? The only other way to look at it is that the Aschen have a signal to open the Iris? Or did the Aschen not know about the Iris at all? Making the attack on Earth futile from the very beginning. Also why didn't the ambassador climb down the rope with her?

This ending is sloppy sloppy sloppy.
                              Your point being that Earth was in no danger as long as Carter didn't send her iris code. I suppose you're right in the short-term. Long-term, Earth would be destroyed. The Aschen would seize Carter's GDO and torture her for the code. Then they'd send the weapon.

I like the way they ended it.

Comment

It's also possible the Aschen already had their own IDC or some other form of identification (or just radio signals), which would then prompt the SGC to open their iris for them since they were unaware of the Aschen's bioweapon. Until Carter went back to Earth to inform them.
                                Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                                Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Working...
                                X