No announcement yet.

2001 (510)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what a good episode! It was a great follow up to 2010. good story & everything.

Comment

i like how they discovered that old city. that was neat. now that we know that P4C-970? is the aschen homeworld, lets dial it up and turn their isolated world into an isolated radioactive wasteland!!!!!!! mark 9's anyone?
      sigpic
      Thanks to WingedPegasus and myself for the sigs, and to Myn for the userbar.

Comment

Originally posted by PrioroftheOri View Post
        i like how they discovered that old city. that was neat. now that we know that P4C-970? is the aschen homeworld, lets dial it up and turn their isolated world into an isolated radioactive wasteland!!!!!!! mark 9's anyone?
        If we provoked the Aschen further, they might just figure out how to get to us. If that happened I think we would regret blowing up all of their major cities.

If you recall they think we are dead, let's keep it that way.
        sigpic

Comment

i liked it how the Boran looked so puzzled when he recieved the laptop.

for an advanced race that can turn gas giants into stars how come they couldnt compensate for stellar drift. you'd think they would have some understanding of it

Comment

Originally posted by blicht10069 View Post
            I'm surprised no one caught the plot hole big enough for a mac truck to drive through. It's been well established that the iris is only opened when an SG activation code is sent though the worm hole. Why did Sam need to go ahead and warn them to close the iris? There was no reason for her to risk her life, and, by the way, she should have dropped down into the iris and died, since clearly she didn't send those codes. An unfortunate ending to an otherwise well written episode.
            she dialed the activation code before jumping into the hole as you can clearly see her typing it on her wrist. Also she had to tell them to close the iris because the people int eh room were waiting for the ambassador to also come through. they do not close the gate directly after you walk through you know. that is why after they closed the iris she said that the ambassador was not going through. if she did not go through the iris she would have been caught and probably ransomed.

the biggest thing i noticed is at the end, when jack says "with 2 L's he was holding up three fingers. i thought that was a slightly funny whoops/Easter egg.

Comment

Originally posted by bludragon071889 View Post
              she dialed the activation code before jumping into the hole as you can clearly see her typing it on her wrist. Also she had to tell them to close the iris because the people int eh room were waiting for the ambassador to also come through. they do not close the gate directly after you walk through you know. that is why after they closed the iris she said that the ambassador was not going through. if she did not go through the iris she would have been caught and probably ransomed.

the biggest thing i noticed is at the end, when jack says "with 2 L's he was holding up three fingers. i thought that was a slightly funny whoops/Easter egg.
              I agree on everything except the holding for ransom part... that's just silly

Comment

i like that they follow up on past episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by Im_just_guessing View Post
                  They said that each planet got worse as you went along, so if they opened up a gate OTHER than the Blackhole one, then they'd be in MORE trouble!
                  i can only imagine which planet can be worse than the blackhole planet.

Comment

Loved this follow-up to 2010. Entertaining O'Niell bits as usual. Loved the with 3 L's bit. The only thing that bothered me, as someone mentioned earlier, was the reaction of the guys, when Sam came through the gate. No one made a move to help her, and they seemed unmoved by what was happening. That bothered me a lot from a team that is supposedly close-knit. Wish director had fixed that little bit.

Now maybe I am missing something here, but if the Aschen were so advanced why didn't they just destroy the Goa'uld themselves, or was it because they had never encountered the Goa'uld because they couldn't work the stargate?

Comment

Here's a question: If they would have negotiated a treaty with the Aschen, and then realized there world was P4C-970, would that have made a difference? I would hope so!
                      sigpic
                      Sig Created by Lovley Lahela!

Comment

Originally posted by GateTrek View Post
                        Here's a question: If they would have negotiated a treaty with the Aschen, and then realized there world was P4C-970, would that have made a difference? I would hope so!
                        not if kinsey had anything to do with it though. he would doom us all.

Comment

Originally posted by Butlersgate View Post
                          not if kinsey had anything to do with it though. he would doom us all.
                          Am I the only one who thinks if they had come up with a better plan at the end, Joe could have gotten out too? I know they didn't have a lot of time, but the way they approached it could only end badly.
                          sigpic "We do get paid for this, right?"

Comment

If I remember correctly, I heard a 'bang' after Sam went through the gate and closed the iris. Could that 'bang' be the ambassador?
                            sigpic
                            Sign by me

Comment

Originally posted by HPMom View Post
                              Am I the only one who thinks if they had come up with a better plan at the end, Joe could have gotten out too? I know they didn't have a lot of time, but the way they approached it could only end badly.
                              I think they were hampered by several factors, mainly that Kinsey insisted the negotiations continue and that only Carter could accompany Joe, and that SG-1 didn't have solid proof of their suspicions about the Aschen without the complete translation. I thought Daniel's plan to have Sam trick Borren into translating the word was the best they could do under the circumstances.

Originally posted by Dinoman View Post
                              If I remember correctly, I heard a 'bang' after Sam went through the gate and closed the iris. Could that 'bang' be the ambassador?
                              I think we're meant to assume it was the bio-weapon the Aschen were about to send, or at least that's what I thought when watching that scene.

Some thoughts for the challenge thread:

I saw this episode before 2010, so the dramatic reveal of the Aschen as the potential allies in the teaser was rather lost on me at the time. But I think this was a nice follow-up to 2010, with a similarly nice sense of team.

I really liked the teamwork shown between SG-1 and the SGC. Loved the way SG-1 delivered the briefing in their own unique ways, Sam with the technobabble, Daniel about their culture, Teal'c bluntly pointing out Jack's misgivings, and Jack stating them in his own quirky way. And much love for the gateroom scene with SG-1, Joe, and his shoes.

I also really liked how the team worked well together when paired up on the planet. Like Teal'c immediately knowing Daniel's real intentions when Daniel tells the Volian guy that Teal'c staff weapon could take care of his iron root. I also really liked seeing them piece together the planet's past, with Daniel sensibly taking the lead in the investigation, but with Teal'c providing his own insights.

I also liked Sam and Jack working with Joe in the negotiations, though both were unaccustomed to the role. But I especially liked seeing SG-1 and Hammond figure out together a plan to catch the Aschen off guard and confirm their suspicions, Hammond seeing the opportunity to force their hand, Daniel coming up with a subtle way of doing it, and Sam immediately agreeing to their plan.

But what really struck me about this episode was how much SG-1 and the SGC seemed to have learned from their experience with the Eurondans in the Other Side. This had a similar set-up of feeling out a potential ally that could really help them fight the Goa'uld, but this time you have Hammond pre-emptively ordering Daniel and Teal'c to dig deeper and ask questions, and trying to have other SG teams confirm if the Aschen were the people the note warned about. And I noticed Jack, otherwise bored with the negotiations, do a slight double-take a Mollem asking them if they've used military means for population control on Earth, and getting the bad feeling about them before they find out about the note's importance.

And on a final note, I just love the final scene with Sam flying through the gate and rolling down the ramp. Definitely one of the most dramatic exits and I wince in sympathy every time.

sigpic

Comment

I saw this episode before 2010, so the dramatic reveal of the Aschen as the potential allies in the teaser was rather lost on me at the time. But I think this was a nice follow-up to 2010, with a similarly nice sense of team.

I really liked the teamwork shown between SG-1 and the SGC. Loved the way SG-1 delivered the briefing in their own unique ways, Sam with the technobabble, Daniel about their culture, Teal'c bluntly pointing out Jack's misgivings, and Jack stating them in his own quirky way. And much love for the gateroom scene with SG-1, Joe, and his shoes.

I also really liked how the team worked well together when paired up on the planet. Like Teal'c immediately knowing Daniel's real intentions when Daniel tells the Volian guy that Teal'c staff weapon could take care of his iron root. I also really liked seeing them piece together the planet's past, with Daniel sensibly taking the lead in the investigation, but with Teal'c providing his own insights.

I also liked Sam and Jack working with Joe in the negotiations, though both were unaccustomed to the role. But I especially liked seeing SG-1 and Hammond figure out together a plan to catch the Aschen off guard and confirm their suspicions, Hammond seeing the opportunity to force their hand, Daniel coming up with a subtle way of doing it, and Sam immediately agreeing to their plan.

But what really struck me about this episode was how much SG-1 and the SGC seemed to have learned from their experience with the Eurondans in the Other Side. This had a similar set-up of feeling out a potential ally that could really help them fight the Goa'uld, but this time you have Hammond pre-emptively ordering Daniel and Teal'c to dig deeper and ask questions, and trying to have other SG teams confirm if the Aschen were the people the note warned about. And I noticed Jack, otherwise bored with the negotiations, do a slight double-take a Mollem asking them if they've used military means for population control on Earth, and getting the bad feeling about them before they find out about the note's importance.

And on a final note, I just love the final scene with Sam flying through the gate and rolling down the ramp. Definitely one of the most dramatic exits and I wince in sympathy every time.
                                All excellent points! You are so right about the way the team works together in this one!

I'd never thought about this in conjunction with 'The Other Side'. That brings up some very interesting questions. The primary one for me is how much of their caution is related to past experience, and how much is related to the note. I'd always figured that the note was the motivating factor and the thing that thing that saved them--that without it history would have repeated itself and proving that the future teams sacrifice was warrented. This is a time issue, and in the iteration where they sacrificed themselves to send the note, they presumably went to Euronda, as well.

I always feel just terrible for Joe.

Comment

Working...
                                X