No announcement yet.

Between Two Fires (509)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just saw this episode for the first time the other night and was pretty shocked by the ending. It seemed weird how the writers were building this storyline with the Tollan and then they just suddenly axe them out of nowhere.

Comment

Originally posted by sean_shane_zeo View Post
      I just saw this episode for the first time the other night and was pretty shocked by the ending. It seemed weird how the writers were building this storyline with the Tollan and then they just suddenly axe them out of nowhere.
      The Tollans egged on the Goa'uld yet never bothered to prepare for attack. There automated defense systems were all that stood between them and their enemies. They were ignorant, in the fact that they didn't realize that they would be perceived as a threat by the Goa'uld. The only way to stave of defeat in such a situation would be to go to war and win on their ground. Otherwise they would just keep coming all the time their technology would become more advanced. If you ask me they were doomed from the beginning, their arrogance was their downfall.
      sigpic

Comment

Well.. at least we won't have to see those silver jumpsuits again.

Rating: 9/10

Full Review: http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/2...two-fires.html
        My attempt to watch every episode of SG-1 and Atlantis this summer:
        http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/

Comment

This issue has been brought up in previous episode, where it was said that the Torlan, while having advance tech, had never been in a war for a very long time. They just rely on their existing technology, it while they knew the existence of the goa'uld, they simply ignore them. They are too straight forward and not cunning enough to face an enemy like the goa'uld

This actually reminds me of the Nox as well, where ever since the 4 great civilization alliance broke down, they've been pretty much on their own, they too seems to not worried about the goa'uld. But they seems to be able to stay out of trouble so far.

Anyway, I really hate to see the goauld won this time, and a good civilization got wiped out.

Comment

Originally posted by HelloVelo View Post
            Well.. at least we won't have to see those silver jumpsuits again.

Rating: 9/10

Full Review: http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/2...two-fires.html
            lmao true but what happened to the kitty schrodinger

Comment

Nice episode!
              I wish we could see more of the Tollans in later episodes but I think no one survived ?

Rating : 8 / 10

Comment

Originally posted by Hornet View Post
                This issue has been brought up in previous episode, where it was said that the Torlan, while having advance tech, had never been in a war for a very long time. They just rely on their existing technology, it while they knew the existence of the goa'uld, they simply ignore them. They are too straight forward and not cunning enough to face an enemy like the goa'uld

This actually reminds me of the Nox as well, where ever since the 4 great civilization alliance broke down, they've been pretty much on their own, they too seems to not worried about the goa'uld. But they seems to be able to stay out of trouble so far.

Anyway, I really hate to see the goauld won this time, and a good civilization got wiped out.
                Reminds me of us, actually. I don't think it's coincidence this was aired in 2002.

Comment

Originally posted by VSS View Post
                  Reminds me of us, actually. I don't think it's coincidence this was aired in 2002.
                  It was aired in August 2001.
                  sigpic
                  Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Originally posted by Ulkesh47 View Post
                    It was aired in August 2001.
                    Whoa, that makes it downright prescient, doesn't it?

I was looking at the syndication date. Still, it's applicable. Weirdly applicable!

Comment

This episode was really cool. And once again it is Teal'c that saves the day. For SG1 that is.
                      Some say that he has only one ear.
                      And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
                      All we know is he's called
                      sigpic

Comment

The only reason the Tollan were willing to offer Earth some big honkin' space guns was that they needed trinium to build the weapons for Tanith - surely a race so advanced would have been able to find their own supply.

Comment

good episode and i agree with that
                          sigpic

Comment

That was a very interesting ep!
                            Shame we won't see the Tollan anymore. I kinda liked Narim and his affection for Sam. The ending was quite dramatic *sniff*
                            "Are you like, a crazy person?"
                            "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

i agree with that. sam seems to have a few guys that are into her tho
                              sigpic

Comment

though it seemed Narim could sense Sam's heart belonged to someone else.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X