Between Two Fires (509)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
    Yah they DID get what they deserved, they were so concieted, they were worst than concieted evil kings and queens
    Hey, I know some really nice kings and queens...

What? Okay fine I don't really know any kings or queens, but I'm sure there were some nice ones!

Actually you really didn't have to change it, I just felt like responding
    ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
    The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
      Hey, I know some really nice kings and queens...

What? Okay fine I don't really know any kings or queens, but I'm sure there were some nice ones!

Actually you really didn't have to change it, I just felt like responding
      'I felt like responding' = I want to bump up my post count

Haha
      Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

'I felt like responding' = I want to bump up my post count

Haha
        Actually 'I felt like responding' = 'I'd like to state what is on my mind' AND/OR 'I'd like to put a smile on someone's face, if I can'

If it happens to add to my post count I won't argue
        ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
        The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
          Actually 'I felt like responding' = 'I'd like to state what is on my mind' AND/OR 'I'd like to put a smile on someone's face, if I can'

If it happens to add to my post count I won't argue
          Good Point...

Comment

Yah they DID get what they deserved, they were so concieted, they were worst than concieted evil kings and queens
            They were a little complacent and - shock horror - didn't trust the intrinsic goodness of the human race, and for this they deserve to be burned in their beds along with all their children? That's a little harsh, isn't it?
            Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
            - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

I have always felt a certain degree of sympathy for the Tollan, because they remind me a little bit of ourselves. As such, I wouldn't say that they deserved their fate.

Granted, it was not nice of them to call the earthlings "primitive" to their face, but how many times have the SGC personnel described other cultures as "primitive" (or its various euphemisms), albeit behind their back? As for the Tollan's arrogance, think about why some earthlings were so offended by being considered primitive by a far more advanced people. Wouldn't that suggest a little bit of conceitedness in them as well?

Tollan's justice system is very much like our own, at least in concept. However, they have a far (at least IMHO) superior open governmental structure, where the conduct of the governing body is, supposedly, constantly subject to public scrutiny. Ironically, it was Tollana Council's reversion to secrecy, and the public's complacency to allow it go unchecked, that signaled the downfall of their civilization. Makes one go "hmm …," doesn't it?
              In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane. ~ Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                They were a little complacent and - shock horror - didn't trust the intrinsic goodness of the human race, and for this they deserve to be burned in their beds along with all their children? That's a little harsh, isn't it?
                Maybe a tad bit

Comment

You might even say that they paid us a compliment by not trying to pussyfoot around, but coming right out and saying 'well yes, we're more advanced than you'. They assumed we were big enough to take it, since it was obviously true.

Comment

It didn't seem like the team was 'offended', because yah, they're SG1... Haha... Nevermind

Comment

The Tollan were awful polite most of the time.
                      The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

You might even say that they paid us a compliment by not trying to pussyfoot around, but coming right out and saying 'well yes, we're more advanced than you'. They assumed we were big enough to take it, since it was obviously true.
                        Excuse me? Whne did earth get wiped out by Tanith? Oh wait never. (Unless you want to open the bag of sankes that is the quantaum mirror)
                        sigpic
                        Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith
                          Excuse me? Whne did earth get wiped out by Tanith? Oh wait never. (Unless you want to open the bag of sankes that is the quantaum mirror)
                          This has what to do with what? I said they were more advanced, and they were. They had science we couldn't even begin to understand and had eliminated war and the causes of war. Earth didn't get wiped out by Tanith because a Tollan was willing to doom his own race rather than let their science be used against Earth.

Comment

I know this may sound stupid, or nothing near the topic, but didn't Teal'c kill Tanith?

Comment

You're correct. He killed him with one of the big staff weapons
                              __

__

Comment

This has what to do with what? I said they were more advanced, and they were. They had science we couldn't even begin to understand and had eliminated war and the causes of war. Earth didn't get wiped out by Tanith because a Tollan was willing to doom his own race rather than let their science be used against Earth.
                                Bah! My point is if they were so advanced why did they die??? They may have some nice toys but their not as an advanced culture as us. We would have though to use those phase-shifter misiles against Tanith.
                                sigpic
                                Banner By JME2

Comment

Working...
                                X