No announcement yet.

Between Two Fires (509)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was sorry the Tollans were wiped out. They were an interesting people.
    Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

In a way it was 'serves you right' for the Tollan, feeling so superior behind their technology, only to be rendered useless by even more superior technology!

I did feel sorry for Trevell being forced into having to do everything against her better judgement that the Goa'uld asked in the hope the Goa'uld would spare her world. Would have thought they knew the Goa'uld wouldn't tolerate a technologically advanced race and once they had what they wanted the people are toast! They should have listened more to the always suspicious Tau'ri! At least Narim did in the end and no doubt saved many Tollan as a result!

Comment

Ah the first episode to feature
        Spoiler:
        Anubis.
        Its an interesting episode on multiple fronts. The whole concept of a Toilan conspiracy is so unheard of I just like seeing them in a new field. The Toilans never had to deal with a more powerful adversary that the concept of a Goa'uld wiping them out is unheard of. And that is what I like. I like seeing them faced with a new challenge. Bias shows me siding with Earth but I can empathize with them. The Toilans were in a no win situation. Not matter what they were going to do they were at a lost and because Narim sided with Earth they were all killed off. That is the saddest thing of all seeing the Toilans oppose the Goa'uld and be wiped out for it. I also like this episode because it leaves some mystery like who the mysterious Goa'uld may be and how he gained such power. Its leaves on a somber note of not a so happy ending. And that is what I love about S5. A lot of episodes don't end on a high note.
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          Spoiler:
          Anubis.
          Its an interesting episode on multiple fronts. The whole concept of a Toilan conspiracy is so unheard of I just like seeing them in a new field. The Toilans never had to deal with a more powerful adversary that the concept of a Goa'uld wiping them out is unheard of. And that is what I like. I like seeing them faced with a new challenge. Bias shows me siding with Earth but I can empathize with them. The Toilans were in a no win situation. Not matter what they were going to do they were at a lost and because Narim sided with Earth they were all killed off. That is the saddest thing of all seeing the Toilans oppose the Goa'uld and be wiped out for it. I also like this episode because it leaves some mystery like who the mysterious Goa'uld may be and how he gained such power. Its leaves on a somber note of not a so happy ending. And that is what I love about S5. A lot of episodes don't end on a high note.
          Just to be a tad overly nitpicky, it's Tollan, not Toilan.

Comment

I have never cared about spelling and grammar before. Why start now?
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
              In a way it was 'serves you right' for the Tollan, feeling so superior behind their technology, only to be rendered useless by even more superior technology!

I did feel sorry for Trevell being forced into having to do everything against her better judgement that the Goa'uld asked in the hope the Goa'uld would spare her world. Would have thought they knew the Goa'uld wouldn't tolerate a technologically advanced race and once they had what they wanted the people are toast! They should have listened more to the always suspicious Tau'ri! At least Narim did in the end and no doubt saved many Tollan as a result!
              I thought the Tollan were wiped out completely...
              sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                Anubis.
                Wait, you don't think they would have been spared if Narim had sided with his fellow Tollan and/or the Goa'uld, do you?
                Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Jelgate is right

Comment

I'm sorry, what? The forum seems to be having some issues since this weekend with empty posts...
                    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Oh thank goodness for that...I thought it was me having a stupendous brain fart and forgetting how to post properly or my computer playing up....
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                      MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
                        I thought the Tollan were wiped out completely...
                        We don't know that for sure. There were likely at least a few survivors.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                          I'm sorry, what? The forum seems to be having some issues since this weekend with empty posts...
                          I said I would not be surprised if Tanith double crossed them but at the same time anything is possible
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Goodbye to the Tollan - and I have to say they got what they deserved, save a few. The fact Tollan could so easily betray their allies, showed who they really are.
                            I enjoyed the episode, as it had so many different elements and twists to it, it made fr a great episode and a great way to get rid of the Tollan and wrap up their storyline, even if it is unknown if their were survivors. It's also a quick intro to a new big bad, I forgot was there.
                            Oh for a book and a shady nook ~ Jules' Book Reviews - my book review site.

Comment

Originally posted by bookwormjules View Post
                              Goodbye to the Tollan - and I have to say they got what they deserved, save a few. The fact Tollan could so easily betray their allies, showed who they really are.
                              I enjoyed the episode, as it had so many different elements and twists to it, it made fr a great episode and a great way to get rid of the Tollan and wrap up their storyline, even if it is unknown if their were survivors. It's also a quick intro to a new big bad, I forgot was there.
                              Thats a little harsh. The Tollans were in a no win situation. They could betray allies or all be killed. Its not easy when thier life is on the line
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

I'm so behind!

This was a pretty good ep for what has been a pretty ordinary start to the season. Not including the season opener of course. So the Tollan are gone and so is Sam's cat. I forget its name.

So excited by the first mention of he who should not be named.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X