The Tomb (508)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nirude View Post
    On the plus side, Jen Halley looks pretty cute as a Russian soldier She looks quite different in BSG later.
    Wow.. I never made that connection.. Its only cause you mentioned it that i realized they were the same actress..

Comment

The extra time you got from cutting out the Russians would allow the Marduk story to be developed further. So instead of rescuing a Russian team, perhaps Daniel could of become trapped after falling down a shaft or something, he ends up in a room where he translates some of the Marduk story. O'Neill doesn't have time to go back to Hammond so Daniel tells him over the radio how to get into the temple.. and so on..
      Different sort of temple but you're describing a Sam/Janet fanfic there.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I like the eps with the Russians - love their accent.
        CARPE DIEM
        ANJA

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          Different sort of temple but you're describing a Sam/Janet fanfic there.
          I guess Janet could be the person Marduk takes over instead of the Russian soldier

Comment

Originally posted by Anja View Post
            I always hear people saying "I love that accent" when they're talking about Europeans, Australians, Africans, Russians, Asian, etc. You get the point. Being an American, I wonder if anyone else in the world ever says "I love that accent" when they hear people from the US talk.

Comment

Originally posted by Anja View Post
              It reminds of a rant about accents by a German Livejournal friend.
              It wasn't positive, more along the lines of stereotyping.

Comment

Originally posted by Science View Post
                I always hear people saying "I love that accent" when they're talking about Europeans, Australians, Africans, Russians, Asian, etc. You get the point. Being an American, I wonder if anyone else in the world ever says "I love that accent" when they hear people from the US talk.
                Yes. Actually I'm very particular about accents. It depends on what I'm watching, but I prefer my sci-fi movies/TV shows to have US accents, if that helps. Accent is related to language/culture, and I'm not a fan of the sci-fi culture some countries have (or don't really have, should I say) - can be quite amateurish in comparison. Things are always changing though.

Comment

Yes. Actually I'm very particular about accents. It depends on what I'm watching, but I prefer my sci-fi movies/TV shows to have US accents, if that helps. Accent is related to language/culture, and I'm not a fan of the sci-fi culture some countries have (or don't really have, should I say) - can be quite amateurish in comparison. Things are always changing though.
                  Are you saying there are no good Canadian scifi movies/TV-shows?

Never watched Eureka? Warehouse 13? Continuum?

Or British shows? Doctor Who? The Sarah Jane Adventures? Torchwood? Primeval?

Comment

Are you saying there are no good Canadian scifi movies/TV-shows?
                    Nope, I didn't mention names And I'm not just talking about English-speaking countries. Obviously with Canada there's some crossover with the US. One of my favorite sci-fi movies is Cube, that's from Canada.
                    Or British shows? Doctor Who? The Sarah Jane Adventures? Torchwood? Primeval?
                    In this case, yes. I don't really rate those to be honest. Far behind good sci-fi from North America IMO.

Comment

In this case, yes. I don't really rate those to be honest. Far behind good sci-fi from North America IMO.
                      Such a close-minded individual... it's a shame.

Comment

Sorry you feel that way

Comment

Sorry you feel that way

Edit: Gateworld going reallyyy slow today, double-posted this for some reason :/

Comment

Even GW has its off-days...

Sorry you feel that way
                            No, I feel sorry for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Science View Post
                              When Americans speak German I love the accent as well. And I hope that my German accent (which cannot be heard when I am posting)is liked by Americans when I am talking to them. And - the Russian/Americans are very easy to understand.
                              CARPE DIEM
                              ANJA

Comment

Speaking of Australians.. was there ever an Australian accent in the show? I cant remember ever hearing one.

This was a great episode. I liked it when the show started out on this political run by including a Russian Team (although I assume in this day and age the Russian team would be a Chinese Team).

Comment

Working...
                                X