Rite of Passage (506)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hanka Hanka burnin' love!
    That is, a beloved Hankan is burning up, and SG-1 must save her from the aging threat, Nirrti. You'll want to grab a Hank-ie for this one! The goa'uld's extensive technology apparently does not include Botox or wrinkle cream, but there is the possibility of long term genetic manipulation of hosts that will allow next gen goa'ulds to cheat at chess and cause electrical outages. My, the goa'ulds are seeming more and more like cold war era Russian stereotypes. In the end, love defeats evil through a mother's courageous decision (although I'm not sure why Nirrti believed Hammond's bluff that he would allow Fraser to shoot her, and lose Cassandra in the process), and Nirrti lives to guest star again. And was that a moment between Dr. Fraser and Daniel Jackson? They looked like they were the ones who wanted to go scurry off into the woods...
    Grade: C for Cheese

Comment

In the scene where Cassandra is well again and Jack is looking from the door into the shielded room where Cassandra is and Janet is hugging Cassandra, i got 2 vibes from that scene. One is that he is happy for Cassandra being alive, and two, that his own son could not be alive so Jack could hug him and love him like Janet does with Cassandra. Just my own 2 cents

Comment

At some point in my Halls of Res flat I slipped a VHS into the machine...(and a fire alarm went off halfway through the ep!)

1. Hadn't been expecting to see Cassandra again and had forgotten about the kid in Bane. Liked the new Cassie looks wise but she'd have probably been off limits.

2. For a fair chunk of the ep I actually thought that Cassie would survive and complete her transformation into a Hok'Taur. What would they have done with her then?

3. Nirrti, having her around was less than ideal.

4. Great ep from Janet through.

Good ep!
        I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Not one of my favourite episodes this one. Just about managed to get through watching it, it's just to say I've rewatched every episode for the GW rewatch!!!

Was never bothered about what happened to Cassie so this episode didn't really hold my interest. The cold, souless Nirti is a great villain though.

Comment

Another average episode.

Cassie is back (for the last time in the series) and gets sick and need help from Nirrti, the woman who wiped out her people.

The Commentary:
            • The first chess scene, all of Carter's lines were meant for O'Neill
            • The spinning chess piece was all CG, except for 1 scene because they didn't like how it spun.

Tomorrow, Chaka get kidnapped, and only SG-1 can save him.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
              Cassie was supposedly turning 15 on her birthday in "Rite of Passage". In the episode "1969", when the team meets the elder Cassie at the end of the episode, Jack says something like "Cassie's 13 years old", which would have made her about 11 in "Singularity".
              I thought She was turning 16 in this ep...

I like the prism Cassie's boyfriend gives her. Reminds me of Pink Floyd.
              My LiveJournal post
              "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
              "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
              "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
              "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
              >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

I hate the brat Cassie turned into. Although she improved a little at the end of the ep.

Another one of my least favourite season 5 eps. The parts with Nirrti were interesting at least.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lieutenant Sparrow View Post
                  I hate the brat Cassie turned into. Although she improved a little at the end of the ep.

Another one of my least favourite season 5 eps. The parts with Nirrti were interesting at least.
                  Looked like an average teenager to me
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

I never acted like that in the day thankfully.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lieutenant Sparrow View Post
                      I never acted like that in the day thankfully.
                      I'm sure your parents would disagree.
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

This is an interesting and unique episode.Cassandra is annoying in how she constantly battles Frasier but I guess that would be the point as teenagers are always battling their parents. If anything this is an interesting episode because even though biological Fraiser is not Cassandra's mother she still has that maternal instinct to fight for Cassandra to the point of killing a person. I'll ignore the medical unethical nature of Frasier being Cassandra's doctor that I just liked seeing how hard he torments Fraiser. Something we see a lot but still nice to see. One thing I liked about Season 5 is that not everything is solved so nicely. Their are serious consquence to what SG1 does. Like this episode for example we see the SGC let a Goa'uld go. That is serious business and could come back to harm them.
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Some good parts with Frasier - showing how far she'd go for the people he cares about and her patients. The back story to Nirti was interesting a times, but overall this was another weak episode for me. I don't watch Stargate to watch bratty teenagers moan how life is unfair - even if they're aliens.
                          Oh for a book and a shady nook ~ Jules' Book Reviews - my book review site.

Comment

This was a fine episode. Perhaps a little too much of that "teen"mother relationship-thing. But heck, not the worst episode so far.

Comment

My favorite episode of all episodes of SG1...

I'm a whumper and a Fraiser-fan, so having Janet pulled through the emotional wringer is a big win.
                              And an added bonus, Nirrti's back... and she's awesome (still goa'uld-like evil until someone points a gun at her head).

As a Daniel/Janet shipper, I have to say lots of good moments in this one to melt over.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Probably my most disliked episode to date. I was bored for most of episode and didn't like the brat. I thought general plot was just bad. Nirrti should have had a better return. So the guy that is holding her dies how does that free her. Didn't like Sam's reaction to the kiss, it was like she couldn't believe a boy would kiss a girl.

One of the few episodes that I didn't like anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X