Rite of Passage (506)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by artemis_chosen
    I love this episode. The scene with Janet holding a gun on Nirrti has to be one of my favourite scenes.
    That was a pretty powerful scene. I really wish they'd bring Cassie back.

Comment

Don't even get me started on bringing her back.

What happened to her after....

Spoiler:
      Janet died?
      sigpic

Comment

cassie wish we saw her more often good episode
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Good episode.. i liked it for the most part, I thought katie stuart did a much better job as cassie.. because everytime i see the girl who played ally, i see ally.

Comment

Didn't really love Cassandra in this episode, but I don't think you're supposed to love her. She is turning into a typical bratty teenager. I, too, preferred her as Ally and wished the original Cassandra would have been back.

All in all, I liked this episode. It was all about Dr. Janet Frasier for me. Teryl Rothery has always been good on this show and this episode let her really shine from beginning to end. There's a lot of drama and emotion for Janet in this episode. And the beginning of the episode has one of my favorite funny bits - a very brief exchange between Janet and Samantha after Cassandra walks away from the birthday cake. Too funny.
            sigpic
            Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

Originally posted by QuiGonJohn View Post
              With all the people that talk about 'ships', I was wondering if they ever thought of a Daniel/Janet ship. Seems Daniel was quite concerned about how she was holding up.
              I actually wrote missing scenes in relation to that scene where Daniel speaks to Janet privately. It was part of a challenge I set for my Fan Fic group...

MEL's April Challenge - Stargate - 2007

Don't Worry About The World Ending. It Is Already Tomorrow In Australia.

Comment

Originally posted by QuiGonJohn View Post
                With all the people that talk about 'ships', I was wondering if they ever thought of a Daniel/Janet ship. Seems Daniel was quite concerned about how she was holding up.
                over on the character relation subforum, there are iirc 2 threads that deal with the possibility of a Janet/daniel shipping..

Comment

Cassandra was such an annoying sour-puss, I hated her.
                  This time... it's war!

Comment

I was wondering, while watching this ep, if they ever decided what happened to Cassie. If she changed and became a Hok-tar, or just a regular human being. And, yes, the kid who played her was annoying, but I put it down to typical teen behavoir as someone else said.

Comment

i missed the cute little girl Cassie. this 1 was pretty annoying, although i hope 2 c her again. Kinda nice seeing Nirrti back, but i was mad that they let her go. I mean ,we're @ war w/ the Goa'uld, we don't just let her walk away cuz we promised. oh well,@ least it means she'll b back

Comment

^i agree, why did they let her go? maybe they just couldnt live with themselves knowing that they lied to a goa'uld. it wouldnt bother me to much...
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to WingedPegasus and myself for the sigs, and to Myn for the userbar.

Comment

a few thoughts: 1) as someone else mentioned, wtf happened to the invisibility device and 2) frasier's uppityness was an awkward scene. while shes a doctor and obviously not a killer, it would have been nice to see a bit more of her mama bear side and threaten nirrti with a much more unpleasant fate than death by gunshot...as teal'c mentioned to tanith in exodus the season 4 finale, the tok'ra have a way of removing a symbiote from its host that is allegedly excruciating. seems to me that they should have at least explored the option of having frasier saying something along the lines of: "listen, youre going to die at our hands and the only thing you can bargain with us about is how. if you dont heal cassie were going to first bring an interrogation team in and then once weve learned all we can get, extract you from your host and let our scientists experiment on you...if you heal her we'll toss you into the kawoosh straightaway." she looked kind of foolish with that gun and i guess that's not the direction they wanted to take our heroes in, but it would have fit in with the sg1 tradition of depicting people in shades of grey, especially frasier who often seems monomaniacal and something of a cardboard cutout doctor. seems to me they made a very odd moral choice here by agreeing to let nirrti go without at least trying to extract what they needed without putting lots and lots of people at risk of going through the exact same thing as cassie.

Comment

Definitely not one of my favorite episodes. I'm not a big fan of Dr. Fraiser and she had a large role in this episode. Most of the episodes she is in are balanced out by the strong presence of SG-1. But in this episode she has such a large screen presence that she blocks out the rest of the cast. I really liked the premise of the episode, it's a shame they didn't keep Janet in her regular role.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake View Post
                              Definitely not one of my favorite episodes. I'm not a big fan of Dr. Fraiser...
                              I'm a huge fan of Janet! Although I agree that her role in this episode wasn't that interesting, I always find it nice when she has more to do.

Nice to see that Jack's still a fan of magnets.

But overall a barely-decent episode at best; my least favorite Season 5 episode as of yet.
                              sigpic
                              Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Nirrti is naughty.

Rating: 6/10

Full Review: http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/2...f-passage.html
                                My attempt to watch every episode of SG-1 and Atlantis this summer:
                                http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X