• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i agree we may never know what actually happened
    sigpic

Comment

it's left for fans to speculate on this very site

but i like the jack hit that guy in the face, usually he gets restrained before it gets to that level but i would of done the same.

Comment

I like Jack's speech and description on the Asgards though I agree with Daniel that it will shake their belief nor have any affect on the decision of the people on that planet. SG1 were doing their best to rectify the situation and those people were not showing their appreciations or doing anything but destroying. I too would hit that guy on his face.
        sigpic
        Sign by me

Comment

I think it has a great motto and that is if you make a mistake, don't run to others to fix it and try and find a way yourself
          Some say that he has only one ear.
          And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
          All we know is he's called
          sigpic

Comment

It was a good episode . Mostly because of Jack going berserk and funny moments like :

'We saved your little grey butts'

Rating : 7 / 10
            Last edited by balo; 09 April 2009, 07:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by omnian View Post
              There's one thing that's been bugging me about this episode....

If Sam couldn't get a lock on the planet's Stargate in the first place why did she bother? I mean, surely a red flag would've gone up there? 'Hang on, I can't get a lock on this planet. Maybe there's a good reason for it?'

I don't know about you but I would've stopped trying and gone back to it later on!
              Ah but that wouldn't have been TV material. SG1 cares about the viewers which is why they stuff up so many times and why Jack is in charge.
              Some say that he has only one ear.
              And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
              All we know is he's called
              sigpic

Comment

I liked this episode. "little gray butts"

I wonder if we will ever know if the Asgard helped or not....
                sigpic

Comment

Great episode! Maybe now the SGC will desist when a wormhole won't lock...

I hope we'll see more tinted planetary skies from now on. It gets a bit tiresome when half the planets look like the backwoods of British Columbia.
                  sigpic

Comment

this ep contains some of the funniest lines in the series.

just laughed the whole time rewatching it
                    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

does anyone know what music they used in this episode? it sounds like classical tune.
                      Favorite Characters:
                      Babylon 5: Londo Mollari, G'Kar
                      Farscape: Rygel, Zhaan
                      SG1: Jack O'Neill
                      SG-A: Rodney McKay

Favorite Shows In Order:
                      Stargate SG-1 | DS9 | Babylon 5 | Farscape | ST:VOY | Firefly |Stargate Universe | Stargate Atlantis | BSG

Comment

Anyone else notice that they wasted a perfectly good MALP putting the element into the sun the second time? Surely they could have simply thrown it in with...their hands.

Comment

"They are the harbingers of our doom!"

As soon as I heard that, all I could think was, "Here we go.."

Comment

I always liked this episode, it just clicks with me for some reason. Visually interesting, and after the typical 'SG-1 visits a primitive planet again' setup it goes off in an unexpected direction. Really like the scene with the Asgard high council, and there are funny lines throughout. Also, I enjoy seeing Jack go into full-on serious mode after the rocket has been destroyed, and his actions from then to the end of the episode run a course that's very interesting to watch.

One of my favourite Stargate quotes ever is in this episode, and I've actually used it myself in the past: "Good. I thought I was having a stroke." !

RATING: 8 out of 10
                            Private guitar tuition | Return To Grace - rock/pop party band

Comment

In my Halls of Residence flat one afternoon/evening I stuck a VHS into the machine...

1. OK...that was a rough exit...

2. Asgard phones...did the Asgard seriously think that this sort of thing would never happen?

3. Problem is...they did have a point regarding the Treaty...

4. Can't blame Jack for wanting to kill Malchus.

5. I didn't think they'd toast K'Tau but I did wonder how they were going to get out of this...

Decent ep!
                              I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Pretty cool episode, the coloring was great.

That one scene where Jack got pissed off made me think I was watching an episode of SGU.

The Commentary:
                                • James didn't like this effect worked (I think he said he didn't understand how it worked)
                                  Spoiler:
                                • Martin had a discussion with James (and later with Amanda) about the fact he wanted SG-1 to lose at the end of the episode.
                                • The church is a real one, 110 years old in Vancouver.
                                • What we have here is 3 generations of Thor puppets (I forgot the issues the first 2 gen Thor puppets had)
                                  1. In the background (and to the far left of the wider shot), is the 1st Gen Thor, seen in "The Fifth Race," didn't have the electronics in it's head
                                  2. Middle, 2nd gen Thor, seen in Nemesis & Small Victories
                                  3. Current (3rd) gen Thor, head weighs 80lbs, and uses 4 puppeteers to operate

Spoiler:
                                • Amanda doesn't like to explain Physics with Food

Tomorrow, Cassie is back (this time she regenerated) and something is wrong with her. Guess the regeneration isn't going too well.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X