No announcement yet.

Red Sky (505)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked this ep, i hate how the asgard never help us when we need it. oh well. carters plan was pretty brilliant tho.
    sigpic
    Thanks to WingedPegasus and myself for the sigs, and to Myn for the userbar.

Comment

Red Sky poses a question, that being are the K'Tau ignorant for placing all of their trust in their gods. At the same time it questions those who would pose as gods. The paradox of worshiper and the worshiped is complex and when SG-1 is placed directly in the middle of that paradox problems can occur on all fronts. Is it the duty of SG-1 to respect the religion of the K'Tau? They believe that the religion is baseless due to the fact that the Asgard made it all up. However, maybe the simple act of faith is a religion in it's own right. At the end of the episode Daniel prays to the Gods of the K'Tau people and a miracle occurs. Whether the plan put forward by SG-1 worked or the Asgard were given an opportunity to step in will never be discovered. Though it is easy to see that just because SG-1 has all of the scientific facts there could be more going on behind the scenes.

On Earth people get held up with their religion and they can become fanatical. Perhaps all that matters is that you keep an open mind to all possibilities, scientific or spiritual.
      sigpic

Comment

Jerks like to wear silly hats.

Rating: 6/10

Full Review: http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/2008/08/red-sky.html
        My attempt to watch every episode of SG-1 and Atlantis this summer:
        http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Jafana View Post
          Generally I really enjoyed this ep. as much as i complain about it much of the time, I enjoy ambiguous endings. And I wish they could have left it unfixed as the vastly intellegent Mr. Wood originally wanted it to be.

But for the moment, I would just like to know how:
          1. if they bypassed a bunch of dialling protocols to get to the planet, how on earth does the unchanged, un-fiddled-with DHD dial earth again?
          2. wouldnt they cause the same problem or make it worse everytime they use the gate?
          I totally agree with your questions. I had the same myself.

To add to it,

3. If Carter overrides the protocols to get a successful lock, how many other planets have they compromised like this without knowing? They have travelled through many planets and they may have passed through many suns of other planets' solar system. So eventhough they didn't land on those planets, those suns may have been compromised wouldn't they?

Comment

Not really, the artificial wormhole shouldnt do harm to it, maybe red sky was a fluke?

Sig by Draygon.

Comment

loved this episode didn't the wormhole course this because it went thro the sun and a heavy element to the sun
              sigpic

Comment

I am in love with Elrad but thats about it.. I watch it just for him..
                sigpic
                I love the big hairy fuzzy men on TV, mmmm
                "I'll Be Your Freyr Elrad, Wait For Me!!!
                Me On YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/airricksreloaded

Comment

So,Asgards save the planet?

Comment

no i thought the humans did the asgard refused to but i may be wrong i haven't seen this ep in awile
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Anda View Post
                      So,Asgards save the planet?
                      Originally posted by gateship15 View Post
                      no i thought the humans did the asgard refused to but i may be wrong i haven't seen this ep in awile

IIRC, it's not made clear, but Carter seems to think the Asgard did something to help and just won't admit it.

Favorite bit: Jack rooting the through the gifts baskets the natives bring to the gate travelers, asking "What do you have in here?" It's kinda in the background, but I was rolling.

suse
                      sigpic
                      Mourning Sanctuary.
                      Thanks for the good times!

Comment

lol yes i remeber that that was very funny. they may have done something to help
                        sigpic

Comment

The Asgard did do something. They got the element in the sun, effectively carrying on from where the SGC failed. Or something along those lines.
                          Whatever the ancients can do we can, eventually, do better.

Comment

oo ok thank u for clearing that up
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ziel View Post
                              The Asgard did do something. They got the element in the sun, effectively carrying on from where the SGC failed. Or something along those lines.
                              I thought it was left open to interpretation between three possible scenarios:
                              1)Sam's cure actually worked, it just took a while.
                              2)The Asgard took care of the problem.
                              3)Someone heard Daniel's prayer. (Which could possibly be the same as scenario number 2 since those people were technically praying to the Asgard. However, that's not the only possibility.)

I like it that we don't really know what happened. That's what makes me fond of this episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Callista View Post
                                I thought it was left open to interpretation between three possible scenarios:
                                1)Sam's cure actually worked, it just took a while.2)The Asgard took care of the problem.
                                3)Someone heard Daniel's prayer. (Which could possibly be the same as scenario number 2 since those people were technically praying to the Asgard. However, that's not the only possibility.)

I like it that we don't really know what happened. That's what makes me fond of this episode.
                                Sam definately says that too much time had past and ''it should have happened by now''. And Sam isn't usually wrong about these things.
                                Still though you're right we don't know exactly what happened
                                Whatever the ancients can do we can, eventually, do better.

Comment

Working...
                                X