No announcement yet.

The Fifth Man (504)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is a great episode i love the fact that an alien powder can make u remember a person that was never there. i also like the fact that they still wouldn't leave him behind even when they relised what he was
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateship15 View Post
      this is a great episode i love the fact that an alien powder can make u remember a person that was never there. i also like the fact that they still wouldn't leave him behind even when they relised what he was
      It's always nice when they introduce non-human cultures. With the dissemination of humans as slaves or preferential host by the Goa'uld storyline the appearences of such cultures was somewhat limited: the Unas, the asgards, the ones who could be invisible(forgot their name), the guys from Foothold, the Serrakis(sp?) and the Re'ols. Got to love Jack for not leaving the Re'ol behind. One of the many reasons to like him.
      sigpic
      Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
      Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

jack has a strong sense of right and wrong as well as a strong feelings about leaving people behind
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateship15 View Post
          jack has a strong sense of right and wrong as well as a strong feelings about leaving people behind
          for me its not really a sense of right and wrong, but his intuition. he's got great instincts when sensing trouble. i feel that if the alien had evil intent towards him, jack would have sensed it and would have become more cautious.

Comment

thats true altho in a few episodes they have shown or said that he can't always count on his gut feelings
            sigpic

Comment

it was a cool episode, i loved them hiding in that old abandoned house and jack having a grenade launcher, then teal'c getting the glider weapon the whole episode is just amazing.

Comment

lol i agree every moment of this episode was great
                sigpic

Comment

Those Reol guys are cool. But they have joined the likes of Nyan in a crate next to the Ark of the Covenent from Indy.
                  Some say that he has only one ear.
                  And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
                  All we know is he's called
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake View Post
                    The cannon they took of the Death glider was a cool add on, I wonder if they just put that thing away for future use or if they sent it to Area 51. You would think that by studying the staff weapons energy source we could fabricate realistic energy weapons not only for ground personel but for our ships as well.
                    I love the wing cannon as well. Teal'c uses it only once more, albeit awesomely, for a "Jaffa Revenge Thing™".
                    sigpic
                    Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

LOL this episode has MY HOME TOWN IN IT LOL
                      Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

Am I the only one who noticed that this episode seems to address one of the main inconsistancies between the original movie and the series? The alien in this resembles the alien that Ra was shown to be at the end of the original movie, and posseses a similar camo ability. Is it not possible that the Ga'uld Ra managed to get one of these guys as a host?

Comment

This is one of my favorite episodes in this season. I like "Tyler" and wish we would see more of him and his race, I liked Teal'c and his big gun and the battle scenes were awesome. And Janet saved the day!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JeezyCreezy View Post
                            Am I the only one who noticed that this episode seems to address one of the main inconsistancies between the original movie and the series? The alien in this resembles the alien that Ra was shown to be at the end of the original movie, and posseses a similar camo ability. Is it not possible that the Ga'uld Ra managed to get one of these guys as a host?
                            I don't think so. When we briefly see Ra's true form at the end of the film, he looks more like a Roswell Gray to me. Also, I don't recall him ever demonstrating "camo ability"? And his host is human - this is clearly explained in the film.

Comment

Originally posted by QuiGonJohn View Post
                              I liked the episode. I wonder why Tyler didn't use his compound on the Jaffa, to make them think he was another Jaffa. That's what I thought might happen when he was running from them, when he was alone.
                              Yeah I wondered this, too. Maybe there were too many of them to affect all at once and they would have seen through it, especially as they knew what he was capable of doing.

Bit of a plot hole, though - Jack says he needs to leave 'base camp' to get water, and goes wandering off into the forest - but when he is setting the C4 there is clearly a little waterfall right next to where they're hiding out...

Comment

Cool ep, the Ryol are alien enough to be interesting.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X