No announcement yet.

The Fifth Man (504)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At first I thought SG1 had gone to a an altrenate reality when hammond said he'd never heard of tyler. This episode was really well done and I thought the idea of the alien was brilliant. It was good to see jack without the rest of SG1 for a change as he can be relegated to the 'funny one' sometimes and the character has more to offer than that.

Comment

This was an episode that at first you think SG1 has gone to a an altrenate reality when Hammond said he'd never heard of tyler. This episode was really well done and I thought the idea of the alien was brilliant. Lets hope he comes back but the chances are that he wont

Comment

Good ep - definately shows the dont leave a man behind stuff well
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

Good episode....interesting plot and i liked the explanation

Comment

I wish there would be a second episode on that race.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by QuiGonJohn
              Of course, I wonder if they chose the name Tyler, from the name of Jack's son in the movie.
              Actually, the alien got the name Tyler from Tyler, Texas, which was where the MREs they had were made. And I think it's cool because Tyler is a real town, not too far from where I live!

Comment

Can someone tell me what 4574 was to the writers was it one of the writer's b-day?
                sigpic
                My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

I liked the ep. I here that tyler is also chaka. Good call not to make him evil. It was not the typical bad guy ep.

Comment

I just rewatched this ep after having to get the S4 disk 1 dvd to replace my old one from wear and tear... When he showed jack his true self, it almost looked like i was seeing one of Species 8472 from voyager show up.....

Comment

Great ep, i like how carter was explaining to hammond about Lt. Tyler and hes like "Who?" it was also funny when jack asks tyler where he is from and he looks at that package that says Made in Tyler, Texas.
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to WingedPegasus and myself for the sigs, and to Myn for the userbar.

Comment

the Reol were a great race...too bad they were ignored after this episode

Comment

it was the way that Tyler was acting from the beginning that made it easy to see that he was an alien, had no doubt in my mind.
                          but still a good episode.

Comment

The action sequences in this episode were awesome, it never gets old seeing Jack take on Jaffa. The cannon they took of the Death glider was a cool add on, I wonder if they just put that thing away for future use or if they sent it to Area 51. You would think that by studying the staff weapons energy source we could fabricate realistic energy weapons not only for ground personel but for our ships as well.

Originally posted by StargateSG8 View Post
                            it was the way that Tyler was acting from the beginning that made it easy to see that he was an alien, had no doubt in my mind.
                            but still a good episode.
                            I didn't realize he was an alien until Sg-1 was put in a cell and they were trying to figure out what was going on. Even then I wasn't really sure what was going on.
                            sigpic

Comment

Jack found a fishing buddy!

Rating: 5/10

Full Review: http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/2...fifth-man.html
                              My attempt to watch every episode of SG-1 and Atlantis this summer:
                              http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/

Comment

I got all geeked out when I saw that the product that Jack threw at Tyler was made in Tyler, Texas. I have alot of family down there and regularly visit the place. I just thought that was cool, lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X