• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, they're not so intelligent!
    __

__

Comment

Well there is that theory about no one is perfect, i guess that includes other worldly races
      Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Maybe, but the Ancients certainly have 'better' structure
        __

__

Comment

Better structure goes with the advanced tech, haha...

Comment

I'ver never actually sat down to view this episode in its enterty. I've seen the begining and the end, but not the middle, lol.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
            [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Well if you do, i'm sure you'll like it, because i did the samething, because while watching the episode, my house's power went out, so i missed the majority of the episode, but ended up being repeated on scifi, so yah, i was happy

Comment

Take a moment to address the episode and you'll understand a few more things!
                __

__

Comment

just finished watching it and it's awesome, the star wars joke, those glowy ascension beings and builing his own mini stargate...it's a pretty sweet episode

Comment

The Star Wars joke was great. I think it was...

"Teal'c's watched it hat...8 times"
                    "Nine"

And then O'Neill says that he's never seen it and it's something like

Carter : "You've never seen Star Wars?"
                    Jack : "You know me and Sci-Fi"

It was great!
                    __

__

Comment

Simpsons reference?

Anybody notice that when Orlin tells Carter he loves her, she edges out of the shot and then we hear her footsteps as she runs off and slams the door. They use the off camera running/door slamming/car starting bit all the time on the Simpsons.

And a nitpick:
                      Why is it whenever an alien makes a gemstone, it's always perfectly faceted?

Comment

Call me a wimp, but I actually cried at the end of the episode. It was very sad in my opinion. The music they had for that episode was also very good. I haven't found a place where I could get it though. Any help in that area would be appreciated.

Comment

So far, this is my favorite episode that deals with Ascencion on any level besides Daniel episodes in Season 6 that wasn't wierd of gave me a wierd feeling in the pit of my stomach. I thought this was very good, and had their best image of an ascended being to date. Way to go!
                          Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

I want Carter's kitchen. Seriously, nice house. Orlin was a little creepy at first, but he grew on me. The "you need a new <fill in appliance here> gag amused me. Teal'c in a cowboy get-up talking about Star wars was awesome, "As we met!" and of course, the "I have heard of places where humans do battle in a ring of jello/Call Daniel." is a CLASSIC.
                            And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
                            Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
                            Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
                            Daniel: Oh! You see?
                            Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

I agree - AT played this scene extremely well - and the scene was such fun!

Sam: Sir ... with all due respect, I feel fine.
                              There is absolutely no reason why I shouldn't be allowed to help.

Hammond: Major, I have no doubt that your technological expertese will be required at some point down the line
                              ... but until Doctor Frasier advises other wise, I am ORDERING you to take it easy.
                              (He leaves.)
                              Sam: (Turning toward Jack) Take it easy?!
                              Jack: Yeah. You've been a little tense.
                              Sam: Tense?? Me? I'm not tense ... am I?
                              She pauses a moment before continuing quietly: When did you first notice?
                              Jack: (Said Very slowly) As ... We ... Met.
                              << She plays up a wide smirky smile at his comment>>
                              Sam: I've always just thought of myself as being very ...
                              (Making bracketing hand motion with the folders) Focused.
                              Jack: It's called working too hard ... you're gonna crash and burn.
                              Sam: (Thinks) I really don't have that much more to do ... Sir.
                              Jack: Well, find something. Take up ... golf. (Walking away) Fly a kite ... knit something.
                              Sam: (Slightly pissed expression) I ... I'm ... fine! ... really!
                              Of course, golf was on OK suggestion...but the kite flying and the knitting... oy!
                              And as long as I had that episode loaded, I also extracted these images:

Jack: (Leaving) Don't turn that on.
                              (Sam goes to touch the device) AHH!
                              (She pulls back, startled.) What'd I just say?

Sam: Holds her hands up I know.
                              She touches the device after he leaves, and some crystals slide out aways.
                              She holds her head <<Headache??>>, and moves over to a bigger device.
                              The device and her are seen from across the room.
                              She has an expression like she knows that she's being watched.
                              She goes back to the device.
                              Something seems to run into her

Daniel: (A flash is shown in the room where Sam is.) Hey, Sam? You done with that camera yet?
                              (No answer; louder) SAM?! (Still no answer. He walks to the room where she is,
                              and discovers her passed out on the floor. He bends down, checks her pulse, and then speaks into the radio)
                              Jack, get back here ... NOW!

Sam:Next thing you know, I'm waking up with Colonel O'Neill looking down on me.
                              I mean, I suppose it's possible I touched something inside the device.

Janet: You have no contact burns.
                              Sam: So, what do you think it was?
                              Janet: Well, people have been known to black-out from fatigue.
                              Sam: (Scoffs) Come on Janet. I was a little tired , but ...
                              Janet: Your premission blood tests did show slight anemia.
                              Sam: But, you gave me clearance to go.
                              Janet: And I'm starting to question that judgement.
                              Sam: (Smiles) There is nothing wrong with me.
                              Janet: OK. At least consider what you've been thru the last few years ...
                              You have had a Tok'Ra symbiote die in your brain, your memory has been stamped,
                              and then your entire consciousness has been transferred into a computer, then back again ...
                              and THAT is just for starters. Eventually, it has to take it's toll.

Sam: (Smiling) Are we done?
                              Janet: Yes. Be sure you come back if you start speaking an alien language.(Sarcastically)
                              Sam: (Sarcastically) I'm sure I'll have no choice.

Sharing consciousnesses?!! Stellar scifi!
                              And, I have to note that I loved the house and the way that it was set-up and decorated. I was also impressed to hear that AT had sprinkled things given to her by fans around the house -- how many actors would do that? I've never heard of any actors doing something like that. Kudos to AT for being so thoughtful!

Next: I got the biggest kick out of the 'I built a Stargate in your basement!'
                              'You made this from things you bought over the internet?'
                              'Yes... and well, your toaster doesn't work anymore!'

Orlin leads Sam into the basement where she sees the Stargate that he built.
                              Sam: Whoa! You've been busy.
                              Orlin: I didn't think they'd let me go back to Velona thru their stargate.
                              Sam: So you BUILT one?
                              Orlin: Sort of. This one won't dial multiple addresses. It'll only create a wormhole once, then probably burn out.
                              Sam: And you ordered the materials online?
                              Orlin: Mostly. Sorry, but you're gonna have a pretty big credit card bill this month.
                              .....Oh, and you're going to need a new toaster.

Orlin: I was really hoping there would be another way.
                              You know how I feel about you. I hope this isn't good-bye.

He dives through the gate.
                              Previously posted Ascension screencaps:
                              Post #201, page 11, and then scroll down for the discussion about the episode's good points and bad points.

Screen caps are from the episode Ascension
                              Transcript excerpts are from the Stargate SG-1 Transcript website

Comment

Originally posted by omnian
                                I liked this one too......especially the bit with Teal'c and O'Neill at Carter's door lol. Teal'c liking Star Wars made me laugh so much!

And the one-use Stargate could be a useful invention in the future....provided they figure out how to build one.
                                That was hilarious. With Teal'c in the cowboy outfit and his big smile. So funny.

Also good to see how SG-1 really started learning about Ascension. And that 1 time Stargate was awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                X