No announcement yet.

Enemies (501)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This episode is pretty good. I think that this ep. also shows how easy it is for the Goa'uld to manipulate people.
    sigpic

Comment

I thought it was a great episode(s) except for one thing - Teal'c's conversion.
      Problem 1) Apophis is watching his fleet being destroyed by an exploding star, and he decides this is the best time to stick Teal'c in a sarc?
      2) Apophis's ship was in hyper-space a couple of seconds longer than SG, and in that time Teal'c was revived and so effectively brain-washed? and no torture session first? Just straight back to first prime?

Another slight unrelated thing that bothered me - when Jacob comes to free SG1 from the holding cell (when Carter is complaining she doesn't know what to do and suddenly the door opens), and then the Jaffa appear seconds later... normally you can hear Jaffa clumping along from some distance away. I guess that time they had their ninja boots on.

Another thing I thought kinda silly, at the end when Apophis is staring at the planet and screams... well he didn't know where they were headed and couldn't have been aware they were travelling at 500x light speed or whatever, so what was he planning to do, spend 100 years with bugs crawling over his force-shield while staring out the window?

Comment

Apophis has never faced them before so it stood to reason he did not know what to do..

Comment

I clearly remember watching this 2 years ago, the first episode of Stargate I watched. It got me hooked and I bought seasons 1-3 the same week. Still one of my all-time favorites.
          sigpic
          sig by Starlover1990

Comment

were we in the ida galaxy, or right on the edge, or in between MW and ida???

i really liked this ep tho, it was a good sequel.
            sigpic
            Thanks to WingedPegasus and myself for the sigs, and to Myn for the userbar.

Comment

I wonder if the Asgard know about the replicators in this section of the universe. It would be interesting to find out if the Asgard know who's ship and technology the Replicators were feeding off of. I don't think they should have gone down the road of having Teal'c go "darkside" on us. However, Apophis is dead and all of his fleet has been destroyed so on to greener pastures.

I wonder how the replicators got into what appeared to be a sealed container. I mean the Jaffa would have only taken what Apophis had told them to bring so wouldn't they have checked the containers beforehand? Or did they know what was in every container when they were loading them? I think it would have been more realistic if one of the Replicators had stowaway on the Tel'tak, but that just me.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PrioroftheOri View Post
                were we in the ida galaxy, or right on the edge, or in between MW and ida???
                Since there were stars visible, we weren't between any galaxies, so I'd say it was most likely the Ida Galaxy.
                sigpic
                Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

a really exciting, action-packed episode. i love the sliding jack did while firing his p90. jacob is great as well.

Comment

I loved how Apophis had custom luggage that he couldn't leave behind.

Rating: 9/10

Full Review: http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/2008/07/enemies.html
                    My attempt to watch every episode of SG-1 and Atlantis this summer:
                    http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Great season 4 ending and season 5 opener.

I think regarding teal'c turning bad, it probably have something to do with the same effect Daniel had when he once use that thing on a planet where he wanted to marry the princess and he turned evil.

Given that the goauld are the one who build them, they probably are able to control its effect and brainwash teal'c

I hope he turn good again pretty soon though

Comment

Hmmm, just watched this, good episode but leaves a few unanswered questions.

What system did they end up in?
                        What race was the other ship?
                        Did any replicators survive?

Ida has been mentioned, the ship didnt look very Asgardy to me so dunno, theres always possibility that it could of been Ida but just another race from that galaxy not the Asgard..

Comment

Originally posted by Trig View Post
                          Hmmm, just watched this, good episode but leaves a few unanswered questions.

What system did they end up in?
                          What race was the other ship?
                          Did any replicators survive?

Ida has been mentioned, the ship didnt look very Asgardy to me so dunno, theres always possibility that it could of been Ida but just another race from that galaxy not the Asgard..
                          I don't think anyone figured out what system that all wound up in. The other ship didn't look Replicator-y either, but it's my impression from the rest of the episode that it was a replicator ship, since they were not on Apophis' ship before the huge leap in hyperspace that took them so many light years away. And then, of course, it was discovered that there were replicators all over Apophis' ship. So I personally think it was a replicator ship, and during the battle with Apophis' ship, they somehow beamed themselves over to it, which was why Apophis and group abandoned their own ship to go to the one Jacob, Jack, Sam and Daniel were on, and the bugs got transferred with them, thus taking over that ship as well. It wouldn't surprise me if some replicators survived that explosion, given how they manage to survive the most destructive ways of trying to get rid of them.

Comment

that is without a doubt a replicator ship, even if the fact that the replicators just happen to make their way on board apophis' ship doesn't convince you, you can see that the ship looks exactly the same as the one in "unnatural selection" which scans prometheus. when you look at them both you can see that distinct shape of what i can only describe as wings.

this episode is amazing though.

Comment

I dont think its a "Replicator" ship, yes its got replicators on it but its too asthetic to be one of theres, especially when you look at the one that 5th was on when the Replicators escaped from the black hole, that was made entirely from blocks yet doesnt really have much form to it..

Comment

Originally posted by Trig View Post
                                I dont think its a "Replicator" ship, yes its got replicators on it but its too asthetic to be one of theres, especially when you look at the one that 5th was on when the Replicators escaped from the black hole, that was made entirely from blocks yet doesnt really have much form to it..
                                that was a later replicator ship, the one in the second picture is the first replicator ship you see close up.

Comment

Working...
                                X