Enemies (501)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bcfc
    I really didnt like this episode because of the fact that you had to believe that teal'c would change sides just because he's been brainwashed.

It doesnt really give teal'c's character much strengh or will power.
    Um, the Goa'uld have great abilities for brainwashing. We've known this since the very beginning of the series. Between drugs/chemicals or other means, they're really good at taking control of people. It doesn't make Teal'c any less strong of mind; it's simply an acknowledgment that Apophis has a lot of resources to command in this area.

Nobody is perfect, nobody is 100% capable of triumphing over all things with a smile on their face and a song on their heart. People, no matter how strong they are, have weaknesses. Showing that makes this a stronger show, imho. Gives it depth.
    My LiveJournal.

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.
    -Frank A. Clark

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
    -Michel de Saint-Pierre

Now, there's this about cynicism. It's the universe's most supine moral position. Real comfortable. If nothing can be done, then you're not some kind of **** for not doing it, and you can lie there and stink to yourself in perfect peace.
    -Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Borders of Infinity"

Comment

It also seems quite remarkable that Apophis has gone to such lengths to resurrect a dead Shol'vah. But I imagine our favourite Mr Snake-in-the-Head has a good motive for it (well, good for him, anyway!).

After all, he could simply have announced to his assembled Jaffa (those who ended up in Galaxy 'X' with him, anyway) that the infamous Shol'vah is dead - see what fate awaits any who would follow his path of apostasy and treachery. This isn't much help though, given that he and his Jaffa are stranded in another galaxy and all of them will have long since snuffed it (or been taken as hosts by their symbiotes upon maturing) before they get back. They're not exactly going to be impressed with a god who can't get them home before they turn up their toes or worse. Besides - how is he supposed to remain superior when surrounded by Goa'uld in much bigger and stronger hosts than his?

He's got to keep the troops happy - and faithful. The best way he can do that is to display a reformed Shol'vah - and the ultimate Shol'vah at that.

His former First Prime - Teal'c. Perfect!

After all, if he has sufficient power to revive Teal'c and regain his loyalty, then he's got an incredibly potent demonstration of that power, coupled with a fanatically loyal leader who will keep his troops in line (and protect him if any of the others get 'Goa'ulded' in the meantime). He's got nothing to lose and everything to gain from expending valuable resources to achieve his goal. Though he's going to have lots of fun with Teal'c when Junior matures. Or maybe he's not thinking that far ahead.
      sigpic

Comment

This episode was concentrated awesome. Apophis, Replicators, Replicators kick Apohis' ass, Lots of P90 fire. Wonderful time. Jack's first response to seeing the big replicator bug in the engine room was perfect. "Aww...Crap."
        "I killed a city once. Funny story." - Wolverine

Comment

Not bad really, given the size of the thing! I think I'd have come up with a phrase far naughtier than that. Commendable restraint from Jack, there!

I just love the menace of the replicators. All there is between SG1 and horrid death is the contents of their ammunition pouches and magazines. Once they're empty...brrr.

One of the best enemies around, those little metal invertebrates. They don't hate you - they just, well, replicate!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by skeezix
            This episode was concentrated awesome. Apophis, Replicators, Replicators kick Apohis' ass, Lots of P90 fire. Wonderful time. Jack's first response to seeing the big replicator bug in the engine room was perfect. "Aww...Crap."
            YEah loved jack's Awww. crap line
            This was one of the first episodes of stargate i saw and i liked it alot.
            sigpic
            Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

"Aww, crap" seems to have become the standard Stargate 'situation bad swear word' - and a lot more people are using it nowadays.

But it was Jack that started it, and no-one, absolutely no-one, does it as well as he does. The others are just imitations. Accept nothing but the best!
              sigpic

Comment

You are right you cant immitate jack he is the best.
                sigpic

Comment

One of the best finale of a two parter. Replicators , Apophis and his Red Jaffa ( their red color is cool ) and SG-1. Firefight was great. ( Daniel learned a few things about using firearms it seems) It is interesting to see normal human conventional weapons are far more effective than high-tech Gou'old weapons against replicators. SG-1 also got a few Jaffas also. I think by destroying Ha'Tak's impulse drive they destroyed both bugs and also Apophis. They also prevented Apophis escaping by capturing Teal'c

Apophis dead. Well that would happen sooner or later. But I expected his death to be far more dramatic and painful. ( he just screamed "Maaaaa" , -was he calling his mommy- as Ha'tak crashed to planet ) Brainwashed Teal'c was very hard to handle but our heroes managed it.

Comment

i think this episodes great. i love the scene with them running down the corridor shooting the replicators. for me its one of the best endings for a two parter. i really, enjoyed it.

sig by starlover1990

Comment

I'm surprised no one's noted this before about the episode, but it made my jaw drop (with a loud "Wow!" ), so I'm just going to mention it here anyway.

A bit into the episode, the team is battling a hoard of Replicators while dramatically running for their lives. When they reach the transporter room, they activate the Goa'uld transporter, enemies jump towards them and onto the rings, and when the bugs are literally within six inches of finishing off our heroes, SG-1 is beamed/transported away.

But unlike all the other episodes, they did not show this "beaming" from outside the rings. INSTEAD, THEY ACTUALLY SHOWED FROM WITHIN WHAT RING-TRANSPORTATION LOOKED LIKE. It was like a flaming Ancient field, constantly in motion, strikingly glowing though strangely transparent, that engulfed them, deatomized them as a Stargate does, and then reassembed them on the other side.

You can see some brief screencaps here (not very good ones, but they're fair) :
                      http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s5/501/index3.shtml

If someone can find some better snapshots, or even a video clip, let me know!

Yeah, I know this effect is nothing compared to the visuals of more recent episodes. But you have to admit, it was cool. It was a one-of-a-kind moment that was never before seen, and never been seen since. Wish they'd use that shot more often.

Just my thoughts...
                      World of Fate.com - Your Unofficial Guide to the RPG Game FATE
                      http://www.worldoffate.com/

Save the Phantom! Remember the Phantom!
                      http://www.savethephantom.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Shadowfax
                        I'm surprised no one's noted this before about the episode, but it made my jaw drop (with a loud "Wow!" ), so I'm just going to mention it here anyway.

A bit into the episode, the team is battling a hoard of Replicators while dramatically running for their lives. When they reach the transporter room, they activate the Goa'uld transporter, enemies jump towards them and onto the rings, and when the bugs are literally within six inches of finishing off our heroes, SG-1 is beamed/transported away.

But unlike all the other episodes, they did not show this "beaming" from outside the rings. INSTEAD, THEY ACTUALLY SHOWED FROM WITHIN WHAT RING-TRANSPORTATION LOOKED LIKE. It was like a flaming Ancient field, constantly in motion, strikingly glowing though strangely transparent, that engulfed them, deatomized them as a Stargate does, and then reassembed them on the other side.

You can see some brief screencaps here (not very good ones, but they're fair) :
                        http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s5/501/index3.shtml

If someone can find some better snapshots, or even a video clip, let me know!

Yeah, I know this effect is nothing compared to the visuals of more recent episodes. But you have to admit, it was cool. It was a one-of-a-kind moment that was never before seen, and never been seen since. Wish they'd use that shot more often.

Just my thoughts...
                        I just watched this episode, too.. and my jaw dropped!! That action scene was so freaking awesome!!! I liked how Jack slid into the rings, and while he was firing they got de-atomized and re-atomized aboard the other ship - without changing the camera at all... I love when films and shows do that (not changing cameras, just one complete run through!)!

Also, the special effects of the whole episode was outstanding... The pacing of this episode was great...

Comment

This episode was quite unusual, with a bad Teal'c (which was obvious from the start) and SG-1 actually looking like a professional unit in keeping the Replicators at bay. Sad to see Apophis fall into the abyss once more, but its happened so many times now. I wondered how they'd get back into their galaxy, but those handy Replicators were always there!

Comment

so I guess tanith was in the ship when it blew up? I like the ep but so wanted to see teal'c kill tanith bear handed

Comment

Originally posted by rich8511 View Post
                              I just watched this episode, too.. and my jaw dropped!! That action scene was so freaking awesome!!! I liked how Jack slid into the rings, and while he was firing they got de-atomized and re-atomized aboard the other ship - without changing the camera at all... I love when films and shows do that (not changing cameras, just one complete run through!)!

Also, the special effects of the whole episode was outstanding... The pacing of this episode was great...
                              I just feel a need to post this. ^_^

World of Fate.com - Your Unofficial Guide to the RPG Game FATE
                              http://www.worldoffate.com/

Save the Phantom! Remember the Phantom!
                              http://www.savethephantom.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Shadowfax View Post
                                I just feel a need to post this. ^_^
                                That is awesome. Thanks for the post! I watched it like four times. Really beautiful.
                                Courage does not always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying 'I will try again tomorrow.'
                                mary anne radmacher

You don't know what strange means?

Comment

Working...
                                X