No announcement yet.

Entity (420)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An okay ep. I liked the scene with Jack playing around with the camera watching him haha.
    sigpic

Comment

Two Carter episodes in a row is a little much when their are other characters who get underutilizied. I'm looking at you Teal'c. I'm really bored at first with the entity sneaking around as it infilitrates the SGC computers. Its a cliche that has been done so many times and I hear the comparassion of the human brain to a computer one more time I'm going to scream. They are not similiar. They are completely different. What saves this episode is the creepy mannar when Jack threatens the machine with genocide of its people if he doesn't leave Sam. That is such a creepy thing to do. Not saying its wrong but creepy
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Lieutenant Sparrow View Post
        I liked the scene with Jack playing around with the camera watching him haha.
        I liked that scene too. "I think it likes me."...leave it to Jack to play with the alien entity!

Another scene I liked was:
        Daniel: it's obviously trying to survive
        Jack: So do bacteria!
        Sam: It's trying to communicate
        Jack: So do bact--
        The look on Jack's face always makes me laugh!

Overall, I found this ep enjoyable. For me the earlier humor (i.e., Jack playing with the camera) lightens up the episode so that overall it's not just a serious a-member-of-SG1-is-in-danger episode.
        sigpic
        ~~sig created by bailey1ak~~

Comment

I didn't like this episode.
          I do not know why, just not my "taste of episode"

Comment

another "meh" ep for me
            In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

So aparently MALPS can learn how to fly... ... that's kinda cool, although the resulting entity hellbend on destroying the human race for killing their own was not cool.

Some emotional, and tense moments.

I kinda liked the nest the entity built for itself, and the little robot that skitters away when SG1 enters the room. It looked like a DRD (see Farscape).

When I put my shippy glasses on... phew, there are some really good Sam/Janet moments...
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                ... the little robot that skitters away when SG1 enters the room. It looked like a DRD (see Farscape).
                Here's where I show my age... I thought of both Silent Running and Star Wars. Now I think of it, Ray Bradbury's There Will Come Soft Rains has the mice robots...

Seaboe
                If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Cool!

Comment

I was sure they were going to do something with the little robot that ran away. I guess the alien was controlling it by remote. I liked the episode but didn't care for ending. I wanted something where the alien returned Carter or told the team how to do it. I didn't buy that Janet would know how to open a conduit to the human from a computer.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Of Hell View Post
                      I was sure they were going to do something with the little robot that ran away. I guess the alien was controlling it by remote. I liked the episode but didn't care for ending. I wanted something where the alien returned Carter or told the team how to do it. I didn't buy that Janet would know how to open a conduit to the human from a computer.
                      I agree that it was strange to see Janet effortlessly hooking Sam's body up to the computers and, voila, she was back in her own body! But maybe Sam knew how it had to be done (from her time sharing her body with the entity) and gave her instructions/suggestions off-screen Or perhaps it only took on the tenth attempt or something...
                      Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                      Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                      On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Maybe it had to work one way or other because Carter was needed for the following seasons!!!
                        I don't like intelligent machines - they always take over control without asking.
                        CARPE DIEM
                        ANJA

Comment

Originally posted by Anja View Post
                          Maybe it had to work one way or other because Carter was needed for the following seasons!!!
                          Main characters in Stargate rarely die, or stay dead for long (unless TPTW didn't like them).

Comment

They have a higher power looking out for them. The writers, that is.

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              Main characters in Stargate rarely die, or stay dead for long (unless TPTW didn't like them).
                              Not just Stargate. That's true for most TV
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                                Not just Stargate. That's true for most TV
                                Also true...

Comment

Working...
                                X