No announcement yet.

Prodigy (419)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

aha! i still think you could combine the two with a little compromise. they were sentient, angry and reacting to the magnetic field of the planet which was making their behaviour more agressive than it would ordinarily have been in such a situation. i think they were both wrong!

Comment

Yes, but their individual theories were mutually exclusive. So they couldn't be combined. Besides the point is not to try to combine the theories it's to come up with something that fits the facts, and by the few facts they had they were either sentient and retaliating, or non-sentient and effected by the magnetic field.
      ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
      The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Bees aren't particularly sentient, but they can communicate to each other if they ae under attack, and bees in a hive respond to chemical signals and body movements of other bees to know where to go to attack the 'threat'.

An analogy with the glowy things would be like on an ordinary day, if you seem to be threatening a beehive you might get stung a few times. On a very hot day (or when the magnetic field does it's whatsit), when the bees (or glowies) are in a foul mood anyway cos of the heat (magnets), you could get attacked by the entire swarm.

I reckon it wasn't impossible for Carter and Hailey to both be right at once.

Madeleine

Comment

Does anyone know what the minimum height is for female cadets at theAF Acad? In Proving Ground O'Neill said Hailey was 4-9, I think. The AF objects to certain things being on the show, like real Sam/Jack ship, yet they said that in RL Hailey would have been thrown out of the Acad. and yet the ep was shown. Which got me thinking if in RL she would even have been tall enough to enroll. Just wondering. No prejudice by me against short people!!

Comment

I live on base with my family, and i don't think theres any height limit or anything, unless your like 1'' tall... I walk around all the time, and see short woman and men, and see very tall woman and men, but i'll have to check if there is a height requirement...
            Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

I liked the episode, but found myself laughing at a "Whoops" moment.

As Sam and Hayleigh go into the gate they are side by side, when they step out they have swopped positions.
              sigpic

Comment

killer fireflies

Comment

...whos only weakness is zats.

Comment

I like how the kid is brought back... and goes through SGC basic training.

Comment

I loved the commentary on this (and that damn theme song is stuck in my head now too)

I love every moment of tension between Hailey and Carter PDL says something like "And again, I asked for a mud pit or jello here, but was again turned down..."

Comment

I still haven't watched the commentary. I was tempted last night, so I'll do it tonight.

I love the swing high bit and really think there should have been a parallel of that somewhere later in the series.

When I imagine Sam and Jack having a kid, Hailey is the exact type of kid I imagine. Supersmart, superbrave, supersarcarstic, bolshy and mardy!
                        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Jack: Give me a warning.

[Zat armed]

Teal'c: I'm going to shoot you.

Games 'n Stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonlor
                            Jack: Give me a warning.

[Zat armed]

Teal'c: I'm going to shoot you.

Yeah, that was great.

Favorite scene of this episode (apart from the quote above) would have to be when Hailey and Sam step into the gate room and Hailey sees the Stargate, or rather the wormhole, for the first time. That look of astonishment on her face is just so cool.
                            I love that reaction.

Major Griff looked a whole lot like the "Movie-Kurt Russell", to me.
                            Shin ~ def. A device for finding furniture in the dark.

Comment

I hated Hailey on this one! Grrr...She's soooo arrogant! I always hated that kinda girls! They made my life in school hard (until I insulted those *definition: female canine*). Then they left me alone... I agree that she was better towards the end but that whole "I'm right, you're not thing" got to my nerves. Carter is a superior officer!

I never listened to the audio commentary but since you say there's a theme SONG I'm soooooooo gonna put it on. Right now in fact!
                              May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                                I still haven't watched the commentary. I was tempted last night, so I'll do it tonight.
                                Hmm. Guess I know what I'll be doing tonight, now. Then I too can be driven mad by it being stuck in my head!

I have to agree that Hailey's a bit of a brat in this ep, until she realises that there is some potential for her in the military. Just before Sam offers her the chance to visit the SGC, she seemed utterly disillusioned with the Air Force. I can't help wondering if she joined up only because her family had a tradition of serving in the USAF (not too dissimilar to the circumstances that directed Sam towards a military career). Having the twin disadvantages of a complete ignorance of US Military career options, and the intellect of a small mollusc, I had always assumed that those who actually have great scientific minds usually end up in academia.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X