No announcement yet.

2010 (416)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't like how they died getting to the gate. I didn't buy that.

Comment

Originally posted by DSG1 View Post
      I didn't like how they died getting to the gate. I didn't buy that.
      Why not? Aschen laser things are probably very efficient in causing death...
      sigpic
      Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Wow! I have just seen this episode. It’s fabulous!
        There was really touching and sad moment, when all members of SG-1 died to change the future (or, probably, past).

Comment

I watched this last night. I really liked it - as a pp had said, I also like the time travel/alternate reality episodes the best.
          It was interesting to see how their world was 'saved' by the Aschen but everyone was not happy (before they uncovered the secrets)- heck even Carter and her husband Joe seemed - well not right. She didn't have that spark about her and her work was so - empty.
          Yet they in a sense did get what they deserved and O'Neill made it clear he was against their help in the first place. I loved how he had the "I told you so" moment with Carter at the cabin. Really good.
          Overall I'd rate it a 7/10.
          Maria
          Fan of SG-1, SGA, STNG, Sliders, Firefly, Fringe, & Sanctuary

Comment

i agree to all of that i give it the same rating
            sigpic

Comment

Yup, another good episode. The only thing I didn't like is it seemed that more of the defence lasers could have been taken out - unless there was meant to be hundreds of them, but this was not really the impression shown. Also I realised the GDO looks a bit like the remote control for my TV...

Comment

It was good to see what it would be like if the world knew about the stargate. I wonder what type of dog jack would have got.
                Some say that he has only one ear.
                And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
                All we know is he's called
                sigpic

Comment

Why does every race out there (except for the awesome Asgard...) Want to either destroy the humans or will not share technology with them?

It's like they are cursed or something..

Plus why did the aschen want to kill them off in the first place? (please don't spoil if it is retouched on another episode... this is the farthest i watched currently.)

Comment

Originally posted by koroush47 View Post
                    Plus why did the aschen want to kill them off in the first place? (please don't spoil if it is retouched on another episode... this is the farthest i watched currently.)
                    Presumably for the simple reason to control the planet Earth and thus expand their sphere of influence. (Not a spoiler because this is never confirmed)
                    sigpic
                    Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

I rewatched this episode yesterday night and I suddently thought that it would be interesting to watch this eppy again next year (the 'real' 2010) knowing that there is not any aschen conspiracy in progress!

I wonder why and how could Jack remember the SG1 iris code that was valid 10 years ago? I presume the SGC would regularly change the SG teams' iris codes for security purpose, just like the way we do to our passwords nowadays.
                      sigpic
                      Sign by me

Comment

Thats was a good episode

Comment

Just a question
                          You know how it was in the future was that the actual SG1 group we have been following all the episode before that or were they the one that recieved the letter???

Comment

These time ones confuse me

Comment

Originally posted by Holy Hannah! View Post
                              These time ones confuse me
                              I love this ep. It might even be my favorite, but the time travel is only part of the reason why.
                              Originally posted by Holy Hannah! View Post
                              Just a question
                              You know how it was in the future was that the actual SG1 group we have been following all the episode before that or were they the one that recieved the letter???
                              Stargate seems to jump around a little regarding their time travel theories. I think in this instance the future SG-1 really was the team, but in sending the letter back to itself in the year 2001 that team never existed. We were simply shown what might have been, and instead we have the SG-1 group we have now.

The other way to look at it is that the 2010 team represented an alternate reality that diverged from our own when the note was received by the SG-1 team in 2001, and are still "out there" somewhere. In which case they are not our team. I think this is how Stargate alternate realities arise, though it's never been shown that way. But some quantum theorists say every time an event occurs, there's an alternate reality where it doesn't occur.

I think I just confused myself.
                              Last edited by VSS; 05 September 2009, 01:02 AM.

Comment

lol its ok
                                i just think its kind of like an alternate reality and the team back at base has been the original

Comment

Working...
                                X