No announcement yet.

Chain Reaction (415)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybourne: Now you know one of a hundred names I go by. (He goes to the fridge and pulls out a disk)

O'Neill: I see you're on that famous beer and mustard diet. How's that working out for you?

Maybourne offers him a beer.

No thanks.

Maybourne: if anyone tries to boot the computer up without this disk the whole thing fries.

is the disk thing possible?(ive looked on the 'net but got nothing)
    MSG Me If You Can Answer This:
    I have a 720p tv, and i have plugged my xbox into it and it gives me the option choose between 480p, 720p, 1080p, and 1080i display settings. I'm not really sure which one to choose on it, I know not to use the 480 setting, and obviously my tv only plays 720, but what if i set it to 1080? would the quality degrade? i cant rly notice a difference when i set it higher but maybe one who is more knowledgeable could tell me what im missing?

Comment

This episode was pretty good. Shows how far Jack will go for a friend. And as for Kinsey, honestly, who wasn't surprised? He's just a scuzball whose attitude is absolutely crud, especially the way he flaunts the name of God.
      Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

The man you love to hate!

Okay, one of the men...

Comment

I liked seeing more about Hammond
          YAY DANCING BANANAS!!!

Hallowed Are The Moderators

Kate Hewlett's blog

A Dog's Breakfast official site

37.47535% - Major Geek How geeky are you?

Comment

Originally posted by SeaBee
            I think that with Kinsey firmly installed as the ace bad guy, the PTB decided to make Kinsey more likable, and this ep was the start of the process.
            Um, did you mean tptb decided to make Mayborne more likeable? 'Cause that makes way more sense to me. I mean, in later eps I occasionally pity Kinsey, but I never find him likeable ...
            My LiveJournal.

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.
            -Frank A. Clark

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
            -Michel de Saint-Pierre

Now, there's this about cynicism. It's the universe's most supine moral position. Real comfortable. If nothing can be done, then you're not some kind of **** for not doing it, and you can lie there and stink to yourself in perfect peace.
            -Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Borders of Infinity"

Comment

Originally posted by corey2002
              Maybourne: Now you know one of a hundred names I go by. (He goes to the fridge and pulls out a disk)

O'Neill: I see you're on that famous beer and mustard diet. How's that working out for you?

Maybourne offers him a beer.

No thanks.

Maybourne: if anyone tries to boot the computer up without this disk the whole thing fries.

is the disk thing possible?(ive looked on the 'net but got nothing)
              I have no clue. However, the funny thing about that whole sequence is that the actor who plays Mayborne has no computer knowledge of any kind.
              My LiveJournal.

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.
              -Frank A. Clark

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
              -Michel de Saint-Pierre

Now, there's this about cynicism. It's the universe's most supine moral position. Real comfortable. If nothing can be done, then you're not some kind of **** for not doing it, and you can lie there and stink to yourself in perfect peace.
              -Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Borders of Infinity"

Comment

very good episode. i like to know more about Scully's father love hammond.
                and why is it Mayborne was executed?

is it RDA's dog??? how cute!

Comment

^^^
                  Maybourne was going to get the death penalty for treason, i.e. selling info to the Russians (as we saw in 'Watergate').

While political, earth-based eps will never be my ultimate favourites, I do find them quite enthralling, this ep included.

Kinsey, and especially Maybourne, are lovely villians that I love to hate. Maybourne is so wonderfully selfish and bent on self-preservation at any cost. And he's such a trickster with a real gleam in his bulging (disturbingly bulging, I would say) eyes.

I love how Jack 'got dirty' in this episode (great ep for Jack all around). It's a wonderful side of him (quite sexy, too). His black op experience really shows itself. At the same time I love that Jack is being so down and dirty out of true devotion and affection for Hammond (who is a total teddy-bear as far as I am concerned). The NID never fails to amaze me with the extent of their immorality. Kidnapping his grandchildren?

I was wondering about ranking -- Gen Bauer was a 'major general' -- how does that rank compared to Hammond? Anyone have a clue?

Comment

Major General = two star = same as Hammond when he commanded the SGC!
                    I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by fair_nymph
                      ^^^
                      Maybourne was going to get the death penalty for treason, i.e. selling info to the Russians (as we saw in 'Watergate').

While political, earth-based eps will never be my ultimate favourites, I do find them quite enthralling, this ep included.

Kinsey, and especially Maybourne, are lovely villians that I love to hate. Maybourne is so wonderfully selfish and bent on self-preservation at any cost. And he's such a trickster with a real gleam in his bulging (disturbingly bulging, I would say) eyes.

I love how Jack 'got dirty' in this episode (great ep for Jack all around). It's a wonderful side of him (quite sexy, too). His black op experience really shows itself. At the same time I love that Jack is being so down and dirty out of true devotion and affection for Hammond (who is a total teddy-bear as far as I am concerned). The NID never fails to amaze me with the extent of their immorality. Kidnapping his grandchildren?

I was wondering about ranking -- Gen Bauer was a 'major general' -- how does that rank compared to Hammond? Anyone have a clue?
                      My thoughts, exactly.

Do you have an internet ball, fair nymph?

Comment

Loved this episode, too. Liked seeing how far Jack would go to help a friend.

Comment

It was a great episode, the on screen duo of RDA and TM was priceless!! one thing that bothered me, if i was a high profile agent in a secret organisation notorious for it's "backhand deals" i wouldn't make my password the name of my dog or something easy to guess! For crying out loud, pick something random!

As for Kinsey's wife being an airhead, i think she tries to give that impression, but the way she looked up the stairs at jack and maybourne in that pondouring fashion......

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Generally thought it was a good episode here, It was quite nice to see the SGC in a different perspective from a different command, and made me realise how well General Hammond does his job.

I was kind of surprised the remainder of the team kept going under the new command, having seen how they have reacted previously to things they don't agree with - still, I guess they didnt have much choice.

if i was a high profile agent in a secret organisation notorious for it's "backhand deals" i wouldn't make my password the name of my dog or something easy to guess
                            Yes - I thought about that too. Although there are still many people even today that use command names as passwords, even the really obvious things such as 'password' or 'unlock' or whatever - maybe Kinsey was just like one of those people.

Comment

This was great, but the ending seemed a little rushed.Always nice to have maybourne in an episode as he seems to get more interesting as it goes on.
                              It was good to see how SG1 got on when they were seperated from each other.

Comment

Maybournes back! whooo!!! anyway interesting episode TPTB must have been happy to destroy some of the Gateroom lol!! However it did feel a little rushed but thats okay becuase it got all the points across

Comment

Working...
                                X