The Curse (413)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thor'sbrother View Post
    I was wondering about that as well. We have not seen any others like that in the rest of the series. It kinda looks like a pimped out cargo ship.
    To me it looked like the top piece of a ha'tak.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Siler View Post
      I liked Osiris' custom ride lol. (Although what WAS that giant spike sticking out of the bottom for?)
      to poke other gou'ld vessels to antagonise them. duh

Comment

Originally posted by Ulkesh47 View Post
        Yeah, there's no way to be sure, but it seemed to me that Sarah had her body for at least part of the episode.

Good idea to introduce Osiris because by the beginning of Season 5...
        Spoiler:
        ...by the beginning of Season 5 Heru'ur, Cronus, AND Apophis will be dead.
        Well Osiris really wasn't much of a threat, she was just a buildup for Anubis. Who IRC appeared mid-season 5

Comment

Osiris has to be the hottest villian ever. Oh ... yeah ... and it was a good episode to.
          Some say that he has only one ear.
          And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
          All we know is he's called
          sigpic

Comment

Hi all!
            I am new to the Stargate universe (watching them obsessively on DVD, lol) and this is my first post here.

I just watched this episode and the first thing I noticed was that the character of Steven says to Dr. Jordan something to the effect of: "We'll find a thousands of years old mummified heart in the canopic jar."

I feel this is an error on the part of the writer(s). Hearts were NOT put in canopic jars. They were left inside the mummified body. I am surprised at this, as SG-1 uses SO much Egyptian mythology, you'd think they would have not made this kind of mistake.

Or maybe I am just being too picky?

Anyway, I enjoyed the ep very much and liked hearing more of Daniel's backstory. I love Daniel. Well, I love all the characters, lol. I am looking forward to seeing how/when Osiris/Sarah shows up in the future. I'm thinking Osiris will be at a serious disadvantage if/when confronted by the other system lords, as he is so far behind the times.

Comment

Originally posted by iamscully View Post
              Hi all!
              I am new to the Stargate universe (watching them obsessively on DVD, lol) and this is my first post here.

I just watched this episode and the first thing I noticed was that the character of Steven says to Dr. Jordan something to the effect of: "We'll find a thousands of years old mummified heart in the canopic jar."

I feel this is an error on the part of the writer(s). Hearts were NOT put in canopic jars. They were left inside the mummified body. I am surprised at this, as SG-1 uses SO much Egyptian mythology, you'd think they would have not made this kind of mistake.

Or maybe I am just being too picky?

Anyway, I enjoyed the ep very much and liked hearing more of Daniel's backstory. I love Daniel. Well, I love all the characters, lol. I am looking forward to seeing how/when Osiris/Sarah shows up in the future. I'm thinking Osiris will be at a serious disadvantage if/when confronted by the other system lords, as he is so far behind the times.
              Saw this ep on scifi this week. I could be wrong, but maybe Steven was making a joke when he said he thought a heart might be in the canopic jar (even though Steven didn't seem to have much of a sense of humor.).

Towards the end where Sam, Janet and Daniel go off together to find Steven, I thought what a great team the three of them made. I really wish they could have included more of this combination somehow during the series and included Janet in a few offworld stories, even though as the Chief Medical Officer of the SGC it was pretty unrealistic that she would.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                Saw this ep on scifi this week. I could be wrong, but maybe Steven was making a joke when he said he thought a heart might be in the canopic jar (even though Steven didn't seem to have much of a sense of humor.).

Towards the end where Sam, Janet and Daniel go off together to find Steven, I thought what a great team the three of them made. I really wish they could have included more of this combination somehow during the series and included Janet in a few offworld stories, even though as the Chief Medical Officer of the SGC it was pretty unrealistic that she would.
                Yeah, I don't think Steven had much of a sense of humour either!

I like seeing janet's character develop as well. She's a good supporting character.

Comment

I'm on my third time watching all 10 seasons, and I find an "Oops!" in this episode.

When Osiris confronts Daniel in the temple, she first asks him how he knows so much about the Goa'uld - she is unaware of the SGC. Within a few seconds, she asks "Where is the stargate?"

Considering that Osiris had been locked in a jar for thousands of years, wouldn't she have used the proper Goa'uld term "Chaapa'ai"?

Comment

I wonder... the Daniel we saw in "Stargate" definitely had no girlfriend. And in the "Children of the Gods" when he drinks beer at Jack's house he describes her relationship with Sha're like a miracle he never had seen before. It sure doesn't sound like he had been dating Sarah just recently before he met Sha're. Yet, in "The Curse" Sarah and Daniel act like they had quite a relationship going on. Isn't that weird?

Comment

I liked seeing Daniel as an archeologist who had lost favor in the academic community. I guess I sorta like how they still try to tie it in to being "realistic".

I'm not sure why they felt the need to imply a past relationship with Daniel and Sarah, it didn't seem necessary for the plot. Former colleagues and friends would've served just as well. However, Daniel does seem to have a tendency to fall for women who had been/are/will be hosts to Goa'ulds, doesn't he?

I also love seeing more of Janet, but am a little baffled as to why she went along?

Comment

Originally posted by Pic View Post
                        I'm not sure why they felt the need to imply a past relationship with Daniel and Sarah, it didn't seem necessary for the plot. Former colleagues and friends would've served just as well. However, Daniel does seem to have a tendency to fall for women who had been/are/will be hosts to Goa'ulds, doesn't he?
                        I think the writers had the tendency to turn this academic nerd kind of Daniel into some sort of macho playboy.

Comment

Originally posted by Pic View Post
                          I also love seeing more of Janet, but am a little baffled as to why she went along?
                          I wondered that too. Hammond just said that she should go, but there was really no explanation to it. Maybe it was because Jack and Teal'c weren't there and they wanted more than just two people to chase the enemy? Where were Jack and Teal'c anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by L E E View Post
                            i liked:
                            -jack and teal'c fishing. teal'c desperate to escape.
                            -sara's voice. i could listen to her all day.
                            -sam's bike.
                            -cool goa'uld escape pod/ship
                            -new goa'uld

dissecting symbiote. ick.
                            Those were very kewl parts of the episode... and Sam's bike... was smokin hawt!!
                            sigpic

Comment

poor danial he can never catch a break every thing he touches turns to goa'uld we almost everything
                              sigpic

Comment

Poor Daniel can't catch a break. First his wife then an ex girlfriend...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X