No announcement yet.

The First Ones (408)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really enjoy this episode, and the development of the friendship between Chaka and Daniel. Of course, Rothman and Hawkins get the short end of the stick.

And they named the fossils Brutus, Julius and Cleopatra.... who came up with that idea?

More on the Unas, that's always a nice bonus. They are an interesting species.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

1. The Unas are indeed very interesting species.And I liked Chaka from the first time , even if his first intention was bringing Daniel to his Unas fellows to eat him.And I liked how Chaka challenged the Unas leader and how was he defending his new human friend.
      2.Idk if I was the only one having this thought, but I found it shocking/funny how there were races worshipping Goa'uld as gods , while Chaka was actually grilling one of them for lunch .Probablyone of the the main reasons why I liked him lol
      3. ''Wanna make friends with an alien? Share a candy bar with them''
      4.It's really nice to see how easily Daniel makes contact with members of any race, how he gets attached to them, how he 's willing to do anything to help them , save their lives etc.

Comment

Does anyone feel like SG-1 isn't very carefil with their weapon choice? If Teal'c had brought a Z-gun, he could have easily neutralised the SG-members without killing them, while his staff gun blasts did. The infected members could then have been taken to the Tok'Ra to have their Go'aould symbiotes removed. They just seem to be very easy to kill blended teammates, and even show no sign of grief, rather satisfaction (as Teal'c confirmes in this ep) that they've killed Go'aoulds.

Comment

Nobody ever griefs over a red shirt dying.

Comment

Except FH with that certain redshirt
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              Except FH with that certain redshirt
              Yes, well... what can I say... it wasn't a redshirt, more a redhead... and a cute one too.

Comment

^ Teal'c just seems to shoot anyone who got a snake. He did so to alternate Daniel.

I kinda find it amusing that the same actor who played Coburn played Camulus later.
                Last edited by Morgania; 08 July 2015, 09:32 AM.
                sigpic
                Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
                  ^ Teal'c just seems to shoot anyone who got a snake. He did so to alternate Daniel.

I kinda find it amusing that the same actor who played Coburn played Camulus later.
                  Look at how many other actors they reused...

Comment

Yeah, I know. But this one is in an episode where Goa'uld take over people, then there is one who looks like him.
                    sigpic
                    Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Primitive species and Jackson succeeds in adapting - he sure knows about creatures!
                      SG1 comes to rescue - the usual.
                      CARPE DIEM
                      ANJA

Comment

Originally posted by Ptr View Post
                        ...and even show no sign of grief, rather satisfaction (as Teal'c confirmes in this ep) that they've killed Go'aoulds.
                        Well, they did take the time to give them a proper burial. It seems they did feel bad about it, and also began to realize they had killed their own people and not just some snakes. Perhaps in the moment it was the adrenaline burst that skewed their emotions - causing them to feel a a bit more rejoice than they should have.

As I'm working my way through this series (for the first time) this episode is one of my favorites. Mostly because Jack isn't there being a jerk telling the scientists to shut up. We actually get to see some fundamental and interesting things happen between two completely different species.

Comment

Originally posted by Science View Post
                          As I'm working my way through this series (for the first time) this episode is one of my favorites.
                          Yeah, this one has become one of my favorites as it adds such a world of depth to the mythology of the Goa'uld. There were many little clever touches, such as the Unas necklace to protect against the Goa'uld symbiote and so on.

Daniel's process of understanding and communicating with the Unas was executed perfectly, I liked the scientific angle they went for through the tape recorder, such analysis is not something we see too often in such depth.

Rothman is dead, hurray. After his "Crystal Skull" appearance, he became my least favorite character. A useless individual, even with the Goa'uld within him. Too bad he didn't get fired earlier like Siler said..

Daniel's line "this is actually how I met my father-in-law" made me laugh a lot. Bunni.. Bunni Way! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHIYcTnUZKc

It would of been funny if at the end Daniel parted way with SG-1 and decided his real home was with the Unas clan. Someone should do a fan-fic about that.
                          Last edited by Nirude; 22 May 2016, 04:34 AM.

Comment

Daniel as member of the Unas - who would teach whom then? I like it better the way it is - needing the help of Chaca later on, that's a sign of respect and coexistence.
                            CARPE DIEM
                            ANJA

Comment

Originally posted by Anja View Post
                              Daniel as member of the Unas - who would teach whom then? I like it better the way it is - needing the help of Chaca later on, that's a sign of respect and coexistence.
                              Daniel could of become an Unas elder in that tribe. Later on SG-1 come to visit him every few episodes, they see him doing the moon chant and battling to become alpha male etc. Jack could then make some jokes about Daniel each time. Also a Daniel and Unas wedding, with Hammond leading the ceremony pretending it's totally normal in that way he does. Ah, it would of been great..

Comment

Rothman made me cringe a bit every time he was on screen. Something about him was... unnerving. I'm glad he's gone too.

I'm in the 5th season now and (not to give any spoilers) today I watched a relative episode to this one that was very good too. Beast Of Burden, I believe it was called. I'm really glad we got to see Chaca again.

Comment

Working...
                                X