Watergate (407)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dave2 View Post
    Before getting stuck with the water planet open gate, how did the Russians prevent their gate (i.e. the original SGC stargate) from being accessed improperly since they used neither special codes nor an iris??
    They "disconnected" their DHD when not using the gate, which allowed incoming wormholes to go to the SGC.

The idea of disconnecting a DHD has always been murky to me, since I don't recall seeing a DHD "connected" in the first place. No cables, wires, etc. Also confusing because the DHD is sometimes referenced as a gate's power source. Okay, then how does the power travel from the DHD to the gate?

It would have made better sense for them to say that they "disabled" the DHD, by removing a crystal.

Comment

But what would protect the Russians while the stargate was connected?
      And did Markov deactivate the nuclear powered drone?
      What was the story with Maybourne after this event?
      I also didn't understand exactly why the water creatures didn't just go into the stargate from their other hosts like they did with Teal'c. Why were the cooks etc.killled?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave2 View Post
        But what would protect the Russians while the stargate was connected?
        Nothing, if an enemy dialed in at precisely the right moment.

And did Markov deactivate the nuclear powered drone?
        Hmm, don't recall.

What was the story with Maybourne after this event?
        In 4x15 (Chain Reaction), Jack visits Maybourne in a secret prison, where Maybourne is awaiting a death sentence, for the crime of treason.

I also didn't understand exactly why the water creatures didn't just go into the stargate from their other hosts like they did with Teal'c. Why were the cooks etc.killled?
        Don't know.

Comment

Good episode.
          KInda weird that they didn't want the Stargate back right away tho.

Comment

There is an error in the episode. After they head out in the submarine, the gate shuts off before they shut off the nuclear probe. Ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by axelasdf View Post
              There is an error in the episode. After they head out in the submarine, the gate shuts off before they shut off the nuclear probe. Ideas?
              I don't remember it that way. They bring it on board, mention to Jack that if turning it off works, the gate will shut down, sign off and then the gate shuts down. Seems to me that's the correct order of things.

Seaboe
              If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Hi guys, I'm new. I had to point out this GIANT error....

Markova states that they saw the alien spaceship two months ago.

But in the previous episode (Window of Opportunity) AT LEAST three months has passed. You know, playing golf and eating fruit loops ....

What ??? I just couldn't believe it,.

This is just SO bad writing, that I almost lost interest in watching the episode to an end... But I'm a big fan, just thought I would let all you Gaters know

(Sorry for my bad english, not my first language)
                And by the way to the mods: I currently can't change my profile picture, or edit my details???
                Last edited by Cluas; 21 January 2013, 09:45 AM. Reason: to add

Comment

The thing is, Cluas, that while at least 3 months had passed, it seemed like 10 hours. They only knew it was at least 3 months because of what their allies told them.

Seaboe
                  If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Cluas View Post
                    (Sorry for my bad english, not my first language)
                    And by the way to the mods: I currently can't change my profile picture, or edit my details???
                    As a "newbie", you can't edit your profile picture or details. Once you've made approx. 25 posts, you'll be able to edit stuff.

A thread titled "Probie Status for New Members" in the General Forum section should explain this.

Comment

Wow thanks for the replies
                      That was fast

@Seaboe - I still don't get it though. Sam said in the end that the Tok'ra had been trying to get a hold on SGC for 3 months ??? So how could only 10 days have passed ??
                      Ahh nevermind, I will just ignore things like that from now on... That's much easier...

And @hedwig, thank you for explaining ...

Comment

I liked this episode for one primary reason that unfortunately is not explored. I really liked the Nazi connection with the DHD. I mentioned on “The Curse” thread how it would be cool to see an episode about finding Gou’ld tech left on Earth. It’s a known fact Nazi Germany had a crazy obsession with occult and archaeology and I think in the pretence of the show it’s logical they would have found something Gou’ld / Stargate related and had a project. An episode about an old Nazi (German) program would be cool.

There is some good comic relief moments as well. Jackson on the sub and Teal’c jumping out the plane is pretty good!

I assume the water entities were once hominoid and then “evolved” to an energy existence within the water.?.?

Comment

Why? Why could they not be more amorphic? Makes a change.

Comment

I think IS is referring to the ruins. Why would such things be built if there wasn't a some point a more humanoid species on the planet? However, there is nothing to say that the energy beings and the humanoids have common ancestors.

Seaboe

Comment

You got it Seaboe, just reading into (and taking liberty) with the back story.

Comment

Originally posted by Insolent Slave View Post
                                You got it Seaboe, just reading into (and taking liberty) with the back story.
                                Insolent Slave, I really like your ideas about a story which would include a Nazi back story with some Gou'ld technology. I think that would have been great, although maybe the writers thought something like that might be controversial to some(?) Overall I think it's a fascinating idea. Thumbs up on your creative thinking!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X