No announcement yet.

Window of Opportunity (406)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It doesn't see that hard to translate ancient... telling from the boards.

Comment

Originally posted by David85
      I'm not a shipper at all, but I loved that sence!
      Two words: Hammond's face!

Oh yeah, and aparently Ancient isn't that hard to translate. Don't know how they always got Latin from it though.

Comment

well going back, Latin is one of the oldest languages, seeing as how some theorize that Latin was the original spoken, civilized language and from it came French, Spanish, Greek, and other known languages. So if the Ancients taught us to speak in words and not tongues, then we really got latin from the Ancients.
        Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

Comment

I always thought Greek came first, which in turn came from Egyptian or some Middle Eastern ancient language which no one knows how it was spoken anymore.

However, I was referring to something else, check out the boards and you might find what I was referring to.

Comment

I always thought Greek came first, which in turn came from Egyptian or some Middle Eastern ancient language which no one knows how it was spoken anymore.
            Yeah, I think the Greeks go back farther than the Romans or even the Etruscans, but the Romans were notorious for swiping stuff from other cultures, so it makes sense that Latin might not have been entirely their own language. You know, in a science fictiony way =)
            Fitness Buddies

Comment

this episode is amazing god i love it....I think ths might be my all time favorite .....and oh that kiss

Comment

I just watched this episode last night, and it has to be one of the funniest episodes of any television series I have ever seen.

I'm not quite sure what was funnier... but I have to admit, seeing Jack in the golfing regalia teeing off through the stargate with Teal'c, Ohmygosh! I lost it. The resignation thing/kiss was great too, and the growing disgust of each bowl of fruit loops was too much!

I'm all for edgy, cutting edge Sci-Fi, but this was just as good as any comedy episode of TREK, Babylon 5, or anything else I have seen.

Can anyone tell me, are there other episodes upcoming with the panache and humor qualities of this episode? (I finished Watergate last night before going to bed, so anything after that episode.)

Rob+
                Father Robert Lyons, SST

http://www.stellarcross.org

Comment

Well, I dont know about any particular episodes being dedicated to the humor that WoO brought to the SGC, but every episode tends to have some smart remark or Jackism that can definitely produce a smile/laugh/snicker from people.
                  Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

Comment

Wormhole X-treme is a very funny parody on sci-fi in general, but mostly stargate itself. I think stargate is great that they can take a step back and not take themselves too seriously, especially to the point of parodying themselves. Also, The Other Guys is not too bad if you like to catch little snippets of StarTrek jokes/refferences.

Comment

I enjoyed the humour but I do think the odd scene was a bit cheesy
                      __

__

Comment

WinOfOpp is my all time favourite. From the first moment I saw it I was in love. I've watched it that many times i know it off by heart. I can lie in bed and watch the ep in my head and remember all the faces and expressions. And that kiss is the whole reason I'm a shipper.

Anyway, just wrote to express my love of this great ep.

Ketari
                        Shipper Haven eBay Page --- Shipper Haven Website
                        Shipper Haven Facebook Page --- Shipper Haven Twitter Page
                        Shipper Haven - A safe haven for you and your TV, Movie and Literary ships.

Comment

lol another person that loves WoO
                          __

__

Comment

How could I not love WOO? It is what started my obsession with Stargate. It is the reason I'm still sane. It is... the greatest!

Ketari

Comment

Still sane. Watching stargate.. lol
                              __

__

Comment

I wonder what I'd do if I relived the same day over and over...

I would watch ALL Stargate eps, learn another language, karate (etc), tell people how I really feel about them and read all the books that I've been wanting for for a while but haven't had the time.

What would you do?

Ketari

Comment

Working...
                                X