No announcement yet.

Window of Opportunity (406)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just finished watching this one again.

I don't know if this was mentioned before (I don't really feel like checking)...

When Jack and Teal'c begin their lessons with Daniel, the book that O'Neill is reading is Latin for the Novice by Joseph Mallozzi.

I found that interesting.

Last edited by McClance; 27 January 2007, 01:16 PM.
    sigpic
    "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
    Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

The golfing scene really crakced me up, especially "COLONEL O'NEILL WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING!?"
      Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

To catch every inside joke, you need to watch WOO many times, but I enjoy it more, everytime I watch it. Hilarious episode, but still with meaning and a bit of angst.....an excellent episode.
        On fighting:
        Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
        Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

I simply activate the time device in order to catch every funny part of it....but that's just me
          sigpic
          Spoiler:
          President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
          President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
          Forum Charmer
          Forum Ambassador
          Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
          VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
          VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

Originally posted by sclairef99 View Post
            I'm a shipper and I loved the look Jack was giving her at the briefing after and Sam's look of confusion!
            That look is so cute... I keep rewinding that part when he say's "nuthin.." over and over.. It's adorable!!!! *shippy sigh* Likewise at the end, Daniel asks if he was tempted to do anything crazy, and he just looks at Sam

Originally posted by Amaunet View Post
            Sounds Familiar ...that was one of a few eps that stayed on our TIVO for a couple of years, then i would go back and watch them over and over again...until someone taped over it..so i brought the dvd's and now WoO is still one of the eps i watch most...i just never get tired of it...even my brother will watch it with me and he doesn't even watch Stargate!!
            I agree that this is one to show ppl who aren't generally into Stargate. A fantastic one to introduce people to the show - it's a standalone, you need never have watched SG before and you'll still love it. It also mixes every great element of the show - humour, drama, morals, Daneil being excited about a translation, Carter's technobabble, ship, Tea'lcs stoic nature, Jack (do i need to explain?!), teamness... It's got everything!!
            Sig by SamJackShipLover, thank you!!

"The Titanic lies in 13,000 feet of water on a gently sloping alpinelike countryside overlooking a small canyon below. Its bow faces north and the ship sits upright on the bottom. There is no light at this great depth and little life can be found. It is a quiet and peaceful and fitting place for the remains of this greatest of sea tradgedies to rest. May it forever remain that way and may God bless these found souls." - Robert D. Ballard, 1985.

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeShipper View Post
              I agree that this is one to show ppl who aren't generally into Stargate. A fantastic one to introduce people to the show - it's a standalone, you need never have watched SG before and you'll still love it. It also mixes every great element of the show - humour, drama, morals, Daneil being excited about a translation, Carter's technobabble, ship, Tea'lcs stoic nature, Jack (do i need to explain?!), teamness... It's got everything!!
              So true. If my sister wasn't so diametrically opposed to being shown any episode of Stargate (she just refuses to watch the show ), I'd try her on that one.

I suppose it helps if you understand the principles as to why the gate works, but it's not essential. The trouble is, you have to be very careful which episode you follow it up with!
              sigpic

Comment

True. Show her an episode such as the Sentinel or Emancipation and that might turn her off. I had an experience like that, I didn't find out how good the show was until years later (Babylon 5).
                Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

I love this epsode and its very funny and i think its the funniest one of all of the other eposides of sg1. So, thats why its my favorite eposide.

Created & Credited to The SG-1 Guru

Comment

I loved this episode aswell, but I dont think there's many that dont like it. It starts with a normal outing to a planet, has humour,suspense,action and sad moments at the end where you find out he is doing it to see his wife again.

Its truly a well written piece that is a scfi show that manages to fill the humour in without cutting into the serious side of the episode. And its one of the best of SG1 and IMO nothing since matches this.
                    STARGATE ATLANTIS'S
                    legacy continues with New Movies

Visit my new Stargate Atlantis Blog @

http://stephenswords.blogspot.com

Comment

Now, I really love this episode, and am now watching it for the 65th time, but I've found a couple of things that dont fit...

The main thing I have a problem with is this - the planet that SG-12 (the team that comes through the gate at the end of the briefing, one member with a broken ankle) is on is presumably part of the loop prior to earth being part of the loop, as it is one of the planets in the circle around the loop planet (the one with the altar, u know). Then how was SG-12 able to gate there before the loop was initiated? Keep in mind that the Tokra had been trying to contact earth for months by the time they end the loop, therefore it must be impossible to gate into the loop from outside it.

Also, the archaeologist Malakai, when they go back to the planet for the last time, has a shield generator that he didnt have in the previous loop. Would he have to go and get it each time the loop reset (that would be so annoying).

Anyway, enough nitpicking. Love the "bad example" moments in this ep!
                      You'll find them most vulnerable when they hover.
                      Hover? Like a hummingbird?
                      With teeth.

Comment

Originally posted by TeylaDex View Post
                        Now, I really love this episode, and am now watching it for the 65th time, but I've found a couple of things that dont fit...

The main thing I have a problem with is this - the planet that SG-12 (the team that comes through the gate at the end of the briefing, one member with a broken ankle) is on is presumably part of the loop prior to earth being part of the loop, as it is one of the planets in the circle around the loop planet (the one with the altar, u know). Then how was SG-12 able to gate there before the loop was initiated? Keep in mind that the Tokra had been trying to contact earth for months by the time they end the loop, therefore it must be impossible to gate into the loop from outside it.

Also, the archaeologist Malakai, when they go back to the planet for the last time, has a shield generator that he didnt have in the previous loop. Would he have to go and get it each time the loop reset (that would be so annoying).

Anyway, enough nitpicking. Love the "bad example" moments in this ep!
                        SG-12 was in the time-loop bubble. So, I assume that Malakai got the shield generator within the bubble or he had brought one with him.

Comment

Originally posted by TeylaDex View Post
                          I'm not sure I'm going to be able to explain, but I'll try. SG-12 only had to gate there the one time before the loop was initiated. After the loop was initiated, each time it restarted, SG-12 would be back on the planet they had been on. SG-1 was on the planet with Malachai when he began the time loop, but as soon as the loop was initiated, they were back on Earth. I'd guess it's the same with SG-12--when the loop restarted, they were back where they were at the beginning of the loop.

That's probably not all that clear. Maybe think of the time loop as some kind of a reset button? Start at a certain point, then the next twelve hours go by, and then the reset button is hit and you're back at the starting point.

Hope that helps a little. Anyone else want to give it a try, be my guest.

(And I have to say I feel sorry for any teams that might have been off world on planets *not* part of the loop; that's a long time to be cut off from base!)

Comment

It would be an interesting concept to consider, though, what would have happened had SG-12 not been on a planet within the 'loop network', as they gated back to the SGC before the device was initially activated. Would they have simply been plonked back on the planet and stuck there? Or would the fact that the world they were on was outside the 'loop network' have had more dire consequences for them?

Time travel - don'tcha just love it?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka's_Mum View Post
                              It would be an interesting concept to consider, though, what would have happened had SG-12 not been on a planet within the 'loop network', as they gated back to the SGC before the device was initially activated. Would they have simply been plonked back on the planet and stuck there? Or would the fact that the world they were on was outside the 'loop network' have had more dire consequences for them?
                              I had a whole explanation typed out before I realized I was still sticking SG-12 in a time loop, just off world. I don't know whether they'd be stuck back on the planet when the loop began. The fact that they'd have been unable to gate back while the loop was active could certainly have had dire consequences, if they'd been attacked. (We don't know how severely injured the one team member was, but if he had a broken bone, things could have gotten pretty nasty for him.) But as far as what would have happened when the time loop initiated, that's a good question.

Comment

OK guys/ girls, just to clarify - the thing I have a problem with is how, when you are unable to dial in to a looped planet from outside the loop, that SG-12 got to the planet in the loop in the first place? I have concluded that the only possible explanation is that Malakai must have initiated the time loop for the 1st time when SG-1 was there for the first time. Now, it seems like quite a fluke that SG-12 just happened to be on one of only a handful of planets that were stuck in the time loop with Earth, but luck is sooooo much better than temporal paradoxes (or paradoxi?) in these situations.

Come to me with all temporal paradox whatevers. I'm getting good at explaining them using extreme coincidence!
                                You'll find them most vulnerable when they hover.
                                Hover? Like a hummingbird?
                                With teeth.

Comment

Working...
                                X