No announcement yet.

Window of Opportunity (406)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is (probably) my favourite episode of the whole series (any series in fact). There was such a great combination of humour and sadness in this one.

And the back swing line cracks me up every time.

I also like seeing episodes where there is not really any "bad guy" - where there are just different shades of grey and no clear line between good and evil.

My only quibble is that I really wanted to know what it was that Daniel was asking Jack each time time re-started. But that is a minor complaint in such an outstandingly brilliant episode.

Comment

Originally posted by fair_nymph
      Great episode, although not necessarily my favourite of all. Obviously it was necessary, but I found the looping frustrating. I did however LOVE:

-the comedy of this episode -- top notch! Jack was in prime, prime form. Teal'C and Daniel weren't too bad either.

-the kiss, of course

-juggling

-golf

-Freya coming onto Jack, and Jack telling Daniel (Daniel's response to 'Guess who made a pass at me?' -- "Sam?!??!" - hehehe).

-WACKO!

-Jack's cleverness in learning some technobabble, ancient, and noticing that Malachi couldn't have known Carter's name unless he too were out of the time loop

Wonderfully entertaining episode all around.
      I think the same .
      not my favourite but cool and funny epi

Comment

I just can't find any decent pic of O'neill with the plate With WACKO. Yes i've searched google and can't find anything. The best i've come accross is the one for gateworld forum

Please if anyone has one please pm me with it.

Comment

i haven't been able to find any either, it's depressing! i really want that one .

my friend and i watched the kiss about 30 times (no, i'm actually not exagerating, my brother was almost yelling at us [he wanted us to just finish watching the ep]). but it was worth it
          Save us from danger, save us from evil
          Servatis a periculum, Servatis a maleficum

Comment

What an episode, it had me cracking up at points, the golf, the kiss and the crazy face. I cnt wait till the DVD Mags gets onto season 4!
            sigpic
            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Gatedialer
              I just can't find any decent pic of O'neill with the plate With WACKO. Yes i've searched google and can't find anything. The best i've come accross is the one for gateworld forum

Please if anyone has one please pm me with it.
              Try this link:

http://www.stargatecaps.com/sg1/s4/4...X06%5F359.html

It's a little bright, but you may be able to adjust it down.

Comment

What can i say love this episode!
                SAM & JACK 4EVER!!

Comment

I still laugh at every funny moment in this episode - this is very nearly my favourite one.
                  This is just the perfect episode for RDA - he does this type of humour sooo well. Teal'c again, can convey with a dead pan face more than most comedy shows convey in half an hour -
                  There are so many quotes I'd love to list that have already been listed already. BUT - the "what could possibly be in my eye" scene just has me rofl every time, as does wacko!, the golfing scene, the kiss, oh etc, etc.
                  Daniel, Sam, Hammond, Dr Fraser all add to the comic genius as well.
                  Brilliant

Comment

I don't imagine there's a single thing I could possibly say about this episode that hasn't been said already. Sheer genius from start to finish. Rampant comedy with a tragic counterpoint (not too dissimilar from 'Holiday' in that respect, in fact - someone's desire for something causing mayhem for SG1).

Probably my all time favourite episode (and one I'll watch again and again without a qualm). The golf shot scenes in the gate room are priceless - check out those plus fours!

I still feel, though, that RDA really doesn't look like he's enjoying that porridge at the end. Mind you, given how thick and stodgy it looks, I wouldn't either!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka's_Mum

I still feel, though, that RDA really doesn't look like he's enjoying that porridge at the end. Mind you, given how thick and stodgy it looks, I wouldn't either!
                      And here was me thinking it was oatmeal!
                      sigpic
                      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I agree, this was a great episode. It's one of my favorites.

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
                          And here was me thinking it was oatmeal!
                          Given that porridge is made from oats as well, I suppose I tend to view them as the same thing - though porridge doesn't normally get served in a big sticky stodgy mass like that!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by suttsteve
                            I agree, this was a great episode. It's one of my favorites.
                            Coincidentally, Sky One showed WoO a couple of nights ago as part of the SG1 start-to-finish teatime re-run. They listed it as 'one of the funniest episodes ever made'. Personally I disagree with this assessment. They should have said 'The funniest episode ever made'. There have been other eps in the past which have had some good comedy in them, but WoO shoots 'em all down in flames when it comes to the 'Funniest Ep' accolade. At least it does for me.

I don't think there's anything in it that doesn't work; everybody shines - and the sequence where Jack and Teal'c do the 'no consequences quickstep' is screamingly funny. I love Teal'c's look of satisfaction when he slams the door back in that poor little airman's face!

My favourite line, to this day, has to be "In the middle of my backswing????!!!" The melodramatic pose that Jack strikes as he says it just makes it even funnier.

Priceless.
                            sigpic

Comment

I also recently watched it on Sky One (and Mix) and I couldn't tear my eyes away from it. It is just comical genius!! RDA is such a good actor that I laugh at his facial expressions and the way he slams down his folder by about the third loop! "We've done this!" and "If this was just me, i'd agree with you General, but it's Teal'c as well. Is this the face of a crazy man?! Bad example..."

- "I ask you. What could possibly be in my eye that would explain this?"
                              - "Lose it…it meant go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one’s faculties, three fries short of a happy meal….WACKO!"
                              - "I'm taking this loop off..."
                              - "Did they try the doughnuts? You made sure they were krispy kremes right?"
                              - "Carter, all I heard was matrix, and I found those films quite confusing."
                              - "I played Def Jam Vendetta."

Comment

this without doubt the funniest stargate episode ever, if only that funny bit was all the way through........its a highlight of sg-1 and a credit to the actors, i hope we get another episode like that in atlantis, imagine makay and teyla doing the rounds!
                                sigpic
                                You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                                Stargate : Genesis |
                                Original Starship DesignThread
                                Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                                11000! green me

Comment

Working...
                                X