No announcement yet.

Window of Opportunity (406)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if it hadn't ended on such a srious note this would honestly be the FUNNIEST EPISODE OF ALL TIME!!!!!!!

i love it... it woulda been worth buying season 4 just for this one! (well, that and a couple major davis eps ... but maybe that's just me )

Comment

Me and my bro just thought of something while watching this ep. The fruit loops had a very specail meaning. fruit LOOPs. Get it? fruit LOOPs? lol
      *Rachel Luttrel* "Where are the bathrooms on Atlantis?" Now what the heck kinda question is that?

Comment

I must comment on this episode. Even with the minor shippy moments, I love it. The shippy moments were basically the only thing I don't like about the episode. I wish we could see more of Teal'c and Jack together like they were in this ep.
        Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
        RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel's_twin
          Well, tonight they play it again, and my family must tape this ep now as well. My mother can't get enough of this ep, and asks every other night, "are they playing the loop tonight? Is this the loop? When are they going to play the loop again?" She loves this one so much for two reasons. 1, because of all the wild stuff Jack and Teal'c do in the SGC during the continuous looping. And 2, because she is a big Jack/Sam shipper and loves that kissing scene between them. I get the feeling I'll be in a time loop of my own pretty soon, watching this one over, and over, and over, and over, etc. Oh, well.
          We have TIVO over here and WoO has been on our TIVO since 2/6 of last year! It is one of my all time favorites....not just because I'm a major S/J shipper, but the ep is just priceless! Jack and T are fun and funny.....I'd love to loop through life a couple of times doing things w/o consequences...wouldn't you!

Ok....off to watch upgrades...my second favorite ep....and this makes Season 4 very worth buying!

S

P.S. I have a box of Fruit Loops in my office to make it through the day!

Comment

man, i crack up every time i watch this episode. it has to be up there on my favorite episode list. th best part has to be the 'in the middle of my backswing?!?'.
            ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel's_twin
              Well, tonight they play it again, and my family must tape this ep now as well. My mother can't get enough of this ep, and asks every other night, "are they playing the loop tonight? Is this the loop? When are they going to play the loop again?" She loves this one so much for two reasons. 1, because of all the wild stuff Jack and Teal'c do in the SGC during the continuous looping. And 2, because she is a big Jack/Sam shipper and loves that kissing scene between them. I get the feeling I'll be in a time loop of my own pretty soon, watching this one over, and over, and over, and over, etc. Oh, well.
              Your mom? Smart woman.

Yeah, so this is one of those unforgettable S4 eps, if you ask me - even for those who aren't shippers. It's just totally classic. Just classic. I'm actually sorry I missed it, but I have it on DVD, so it's OK.

The cafeteria/mess hall scene is the best - well, I suppose there are QUITE a few of those... I mean the one with Jack and Teal'c... Ah... Soooo hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by lionel_pendergast_rocks
                man, i crack up every time i watch this episode. it has to be up there on my favorite episode list. th best part has to be the 'in the middle of my backswing?!?'.
                Oh yeah. That kills me every time.

Comment

This is one of those episodes that I saw out of context before I became a fan. I didn’t like it then because it seemed cliché and I had no clue about the characters. I finally saw it last night and was laughing my ass off. I loved all the many splendid one liners. Loved the juggling.

I had a couple nitpicks. Are the out of uniform clothes Jack wears really stuff he’d pick? The blue shirt when he’s doing pottery is particularly bad and I find the skater dude clothing during the otherwise cool kiss scene to be distracting.

Afterwards the DH and I had a huge discussion about what this would have looked like from the outside observer (and from inside when the loop ended.) I thought that the average astronomer coming out of the loop would have wondered why the stars were off. The wrong seasonal constellations would be in the sky.

The DH said that no, most stars are so distant that there wouldn’t be a noticeable change and that the Earth would not have progressed around the sun during that time so the constellations would be right where they were when the time loop started. I argued back that most stars were outside of the phenomenon and would progress along their merry way. When the Earth started turning again the sky just wouldn’t look right.

Who’s right? There’s a dinner riding on this! Lol

Comment

Well you figure, all of the earth is effected, and is not able to revolve around the sun. I'd have to say your friend is right. The outside astronomer would not find a problem looking at the stars.
                    Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Originally posted by sclairef99
                      We have TIVO over here and WoO has been on our TIVO since 2/6 of last year! It is one of my all time favorites....not just because I'm a major S/J shipper, but the ep is just priceless! Jack and T are fun and funny.....I'd love to loop through life a couple of times doing things w/o consequences...wouldn't you!

Ok....off to watch upgrades...my second favorite ep....and this makes Season 4 very worth buying!

S

P.S. I have a box of Fruit Loops in my office to make it through the day!
                      I also would like to go through a loop a couple of times. That would be so cool.
                      *Rachel Luttrel* "Where are the bathrooms on Atlantis?" Now what the heck kinda question is that?

Comment

Maybe someone should start a thread in General Discussion: What would you do if you got stuck in the Loop? Bet we would get some crazy responses to that.
                        Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Comment

Every time I see this episode it gets funnier and funnier.

ROTFLMAO!!

Comment

Yeah, that's the way I am, too. Guarunteed within two weeks, my body will be part of the floor with my tears pooling around me.

Comment

Okay, Daniel's twin, I guess were having our own little discussion here.

At the end when the scientist admits that he was doing this to spend more time with his wife, I thought Daniel might have chimed in about losing Sha're.

Comment

The thing with Time Loops, theoretically speaking, is that if you did not want to solve the problem, you could literally do anything (I wonder if you can die and come back?).
                                Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

Comment

Working...
                                X