Divide and Conquer (405)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    That's because he resigned for a second and swept her off her feet.

More than that only happens in S/J-fanfic.
    If this is a discussion thread why is it just what you say and not what anybody else says?
    Unless you wrote the script how do you know that his smile referred to that incident and not to more - I know we haven't seen more but there is always room for imagination, so it could have been possible because given the circumstances O'Neill would never get that chance again without getting into conflict with regulations.
    This needn't be the way I imagine it I'm just stating that there is no proof for none of the assumptions.
    CARPE DIEM
    ANJA

Comment

Oh for crying out loud...

I hate S/J with a vengeance and it made me come really close to chucking' SG1 to the side and forget about it. I don't even want to think about what that smile could be, and besides we saw him kiss her. So, that's all there is to it.
      Anything else is fans making up their own minds, and writing thousands of words of fic on it.

Now, I believe O'Neill is a gentleman and would never abuse his power of retaining his memory to hop in a closet with Carter and have a quick shag which she wouldn't able to remember anyway. If he really cares for her, and he admitted that he did, he would have more respect for her that way.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Oh for crying out loud...

I hate S/J with a vengeance and it made me come really close to chucking' SG1 to the side and forget about it. I don't even want to think about what that smile could be, and besides we saw him kiss her. So, that's all there is to it.
        Anything else is fans making up their own minds, and writing thousands of words of fic on it.

Now, I believe O'Neill is a gentleman and would never abuse his power of retaining his memory to hop in a closet with Carter and have a quick shag which she wouldn't able to remember anyway. If he really cares for her, and he admitted that he did, he would have more respect for her that way.
        I didn't say he did what you just described (vivid, disturbing imagination) but I said there is no proof that any assumption is right! By the way - he wouldn't have chosen a closet, that's Boris Becker's way!
        CARPE DIEM
        ANJA

Comment

Originally posted by Anja View Post
          I didn't say he did what you just described (vivid, disturbing imagination)...
          Have you seen the fanfic that's out there?
          I'm pretty sure I've read it in a fanfic, in multiple fanfics (though other pairings, on account I stay away from anything related to S/J).

...but I said there is no proof that any assumption is right!
          There is indeed none, but as I said, I assume O'Neill is a decent guy and he respects his 2nd in command enough to not take advantage of the situation to, as I put it so eloquently, hop in a closet and have a shag which Carter won't remember. As far as I am concerned that's about the same level of abuse as spiking her drink with rohypnol and have his way with her.

Comment

Originally posted by Claire98909 View Post
            Did something happen between Sam and Martouf when he visited her in her quarters? He told her that he'd grown very fond of her, which made her smile. Later, after she kills him, she cradles his body and cries, as a lover might.
            Nothing happened between Sam and Martouf in her quarters. She sees him as a good friend, but she also carries the memories of Jolinar, who was Martouf's mate for over 100 years, and so she grieves for both her friend and the mate of the entity she carried for awhile.
            Last edited by hedwig; 11 October 2015, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Have you seen the fanfic that's out there?

There is indeed none, but ...
              First line: I haven't read it.
              Second line: That's what I wanted to read. THANKS.
              CARPE DIEM
              ANJA

Comment

First line: I haven't read it.
                You have not been corrupoted then...

Comment

You have not been corrupoted then...
                  You meant corrupted, didn't you?

Well, I cannot be corrupted just by reading fan-fiction!!! Not even influenced - something I've learned throughout many, many years.
                  CARPE DIEM
                  ANJA

Comment

You meant corrupted, didn't you?
                    Yes, sorry... I'm at work and thus I sometimes have to close my window real fast and then I don't go back to see what I wrote. Cause, you know, I'm in an open space, which I truly hate.

Well, I cannot be corrupted just by reading fan-fiction!!! Not even influenced - something I've learned throughout many, many years.
                    By corrupted, I mean that you haven't seen what authors occasionally come up with as far as sexual situations go... things that cannot be unseen once you've read about them. Forevermore, imprinted onto your brain.

Comment

Just out of curiosity, Falcon Horus, if you hate S/J with the power of a thousand suns, why did you read any of it?

Seaboe
                      If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                        Just out of curiosity, Falcon Horus, if you hate S/J with the power of a thousand suns, why did you read any of it?
                        My sister wrote it, so I sometimes checked her stories for continuity and whether she was missing something. But beyond hers, I try to stay as far away from it as possible.

However, the comment referred mostly to fics with different pairings. I multiship so I read all sorts of fanfic, all ratings too.

Comment

By corrupted, I mean that you haven't seen what authors occasionally come up with as far as sexual situations go... things that cannot be unseen once you've read about them. Forevermore, imprinted onto your brain.
                          You can train yourself to not let just that happen!!! Or you can be trained... just the way you want or need it.
                          CARPE DIEM
                          ANJA

Comment

How can one unsee something they've just read...

Comment

How can one unsee something they've just read...
                              That's easy - you just have to separate reality from fiction. We are human we can believe what we want, at least when we were educated that way. I know there are examples of people reacting to crime, violence and brutality on screen or in books, but that is not the normal case. If I want to see fiction as what it is it cannot influence or 'corrupt' me - not to speak of being 'imprinted' on my brain.
                              CARPE DIEM
                              ANJA

Comment

Err... I am perfectly capable of separating fiction from reality. However, characters such as O'Neill and Carter are still being portrayed by actual people and when I'm reading a fanfic I will still see these people acting out whatever is written in that fic.

Just saying...

Comment

Working...
                                X