No announcement yet.

Divide and Conquer (405)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just rewatched this last week. It always makes me sad when Martouf get killed.
    no means no, and so does pepper spray
    Sig by The Carpenter
    sigpic

Comment

yep it makes me sad to. poor sam she has feelings for martouf and to see him get killed was horrible. but at least it wasn't jack or sam
      sigpic

Comment

The shippy epiosde. Jack says he cares for Sam but we don't get to see Sam confess that. And then right after that, Martouf dies and Sam cares for him too and Jack sees it. How messed up is that?

Thankfully no more Anise/Freya after this...that outfit was disgusting.
        sigpic

Comment

That outfit was MGM's idea. They wanted a 7 of 9 type character. <cough>
          sigpic
          Mourning Sanctuary.
          Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
            That outfit was MGM's idea. They wanted a 7 of 9 type character. <cough>
            Wasn't it more Showtime then MGM?
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

That outfit screamed Seven of Nine to me too... Aargh! Other than that, I liked the episode, and the Sam/Jack flashback was fabulous.

It really bothered me that we never heard Martouf's distorted voice in this episode, do we even know his host's name? Sam cradling Martouf's body bothered me a bit too, but I figure it was more Jolinar's doing than Sam's, even if Martouf claimed he had come to care for Sam as well.
              sigpic

Comment

Sad to see Martouf die (and in such a horrible way! ). As for Lantash, we never got to hear from him since "Serpent's Song" in season 2. Not a good way to develop a character, by not having him around. I wonder how he viewed the whole Natu trip, and wouldn't he have been able to withstand torture more. Also it is not resolved if Lantash knew or could've done anything about the zatarc programming.

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                  It really bothered me that we never heard Martouf's distorted voice in this episode, do we even know his host's name? Sam cradling Martouf's body bothered me a bit too, but I figure it was more Jolinar's doing than Sam's, even if Martouf claimed he had come to care for Sam as well.
                  Martouf is the host. Lantash is his Tok'ra symbiote.

I can understand why Sam was cradling his body, since she was the one that fired the shot that killed him, and he was her friend, and she'd just been through the ringer emotionally with all the stuff surrounding the zatarc testing. I honestly can't see her just standing there looking at the body lying on the floor like everyone else was doing.

Taking this a bit off topic, we do find out in "Summit" and "Last Stand" more about Martouf and Lantash.

Comment

Originally posted by mrscopterdoc View Post
                    The shippy epiosde. Jack says he cares for Sam but we don't get to see Sam confess that. And then right after that, Martouf dies and Sam cares for him too and Jack sees it. How messed up is that?

Can you really see Sam just standing there looking at the body as though it meant nothing. Martouf was her friend, and she had just fired the shot that killed him. And I think Jack was totally understanding about her sorrow/grief/whatever at having had to do that, as would anybody else have been. I don't see it as messed up at all. Just because she loves Jack doesn't mean she can't feel grief over the loss of her friend, Martouf.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                      Can you really see Sam just standing there looking at the body as though it meant nothing. Martouf was her friend, and she had just fired the shot that killed him. And I think Jack was totally understanding about her sorrow/grief/whatever at having had to do that, as would anybody else have been. I don't see it as messed up at all. Just because she loves Jack doesn't mean she can't feel grief over the loss of her friend, Martouf.
                      completely agree people forget that because of jolinar sam and martouf had become very close (as friends) so of course she was very upset he died i would have been more surprised if sam had been unaffected by it.
                      sigpic
                      The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

Originally posted by mrscopterdoc View Post
                        Originally posted by maneth View Post
                        That outfit screamed Seven of Nine to me too... Aargh! Other than that, I liked the episode, and the Sam/Jack flashback was fabulous.
                        Consistently thoughout the series, Sam has ALWAYS been bothered by the death of her commrades and allies (and more inclined to show it than the guys...and I believe that it bothers her that the guys seem to accept losses so stoically)...

What I always got out of that end scene was her aiming her weapon at Martouf (isn't she the one that told the others to hold their fire?), Martouf BEGGING her to keep him from blowing himself up, and her having to kill him. Then she had to push down her her emotions and clear the body, removing the ring from his hand. LORD! To have to choose to kill a friend (or even an ally)...how gut wrenching is that? Even Jack winces...and I think if he could have spared Sam that choice, he would have (he's had to do a lot of distasteful things in his career, and I don't think he wanted her to have to live with that...but he couldn't...and with the crowd in that room, he couldn't even go over and lay his hand on her as a sign of support...too much risk of gossip). imo.
                        sigpic
                        sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                        "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                          That's part of her personality. He seemed a bit shocked that she wanted to leave it in that room. As if he was prepared to deal with the ramifications of their admission if SHE wanted to. When she didn't, he was ok with tucking it away.
                          RDA has pink cheeks a lot. And makeup doesn't always cover it up.
                          His comment about 'I could blow any minute now' or whatever it was after she kissed him was priceless. He delivered the double entendre with such a straight face I have to wonder how many takes it took.
                          1) I had wondered if his cheeks were naturally that pink (I've noticed the color in many, many episodes) or if the 'enhanced' it for the show. I LOVE his skin tone.

2) I was rewatching the ep alone the other day and laughed so hard it hurt. All I could think was:
                          O'NEILL: Hey…I could blow here any minute.
                          FREYA: If I was the target, your Zatarc programming would have triggered long ago.
                          O'NEILL: *That's not what I meant... * (SaraB's evil laughter)

I love his whispered 'whatcha doin'?' when she kisses him the first time. I also love when he was talking with Daniel and he said 'she made a pass at me' and Daniel immediately said 'Sam?' (ROTFL)... wonder why Daniel jumped so readily to that conclusion...
                          sigpic
                          sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                          "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Dinoman View Post
                            The confession of Jack's feeling about Sam in this episode is classic, although I'm a bit sad to see Sam's reacting a bit cold and rational to it
                            I didn't think she acted cold and rational at all. She still had all those drugs running through her that Janet had administered to sedate her for a long spell, and then she had to tell Jack why the machine thought they were zatarcs (with Anise, Janet and Teal'c watching and listening). I thought she looked a little bit dazed, but not cold.

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                            That's part of her personality. He seemed a bit shocked that she wanted to leave it in that room. As if he was prepared to deal with the ramifications of their admission if SHE wanted to. When she didn't, he was ok with tucking it away.
                            I thought Jack seemed a bit confused at her statement, but not shocked. I also thought he looked quite relieved at the suggestion. From several episodes, we know that Jack hates talking about feelings, and I think he was relieved at her suggestion and more than willing to leave it in the room. And, btw, nobody ever said anything about "locking" it in the room, it was just suggested that it didn't have to leave the room.

Comment

That makes a lot of sense I re-watch the episode I saw that too. She just wanted to save his life.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                                Consistently thoughout the series, Sam has ALWAYS been bothered by the death of her commrades and allies (and more inclined to show it than the guys...and I believe that it bothers her that the guys seem to accept losses so stoically)...

What I always got out of that end scene was her aiming her weapon at Martouf (isn't she the one that told the others to hold their fire?), Martouf BEGGING her to keep him from blowing himself up, and her having to kill him. Then she had to push down her her emotions and clear the body, removing the ring from his hand. LORD! To have to choose to kill a friend (or even an ally)...how gut wrenching is that? Even Jack winces...and I think if he could have spared Sam that choice, he would have (he's had to do a lot of distasteful things in his career, and I don't think he wanted her to have to live with that...but he couldn't...and with the crowd in that room, he couldn't even go over and lay his hand on her as a sign of support...too much risk of gossip). imo.
                                Whenever I have seen this episode this ^^^ is what I have thought. Her grieve when holding Martouf wasn't because she lost someone she as Sam loved but a comrade.
                                It's my sidearm, I swear!

Comment

Working...
                                X