Divide and Conquer (405)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ashizuri View Post
    Janet will always be missed. She was one of those characters that anytime I saw her, the episode was automatically better, regardless of what she was doing.
    Exactly.
    In this episode specifically, you can see how devastated she is about Sam and Jack's situations. It's wonderfully subtle.
    sigpic
    Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

I loved this episode it had alot of emotions running high and in full gear. I also loved the way Janet is the wiser and knows whats up with sam and jack. My only complaint is that sam does not say how she feels for jack in such a strong fashion as he does. It makes him seem warmer and more human than her. Also I never cared for her side story with Martouf. On one hand she is a strong woman that can keep herself from being happy with jack yet she cannot fight her blinded feelsing for Martouf. W/E!

O'Neill: Well, I suppose now is the time for me to say something profound...
      Nothing comes to mind.

Comment

I'd have liked to have heard Sam speak the words as well but we can just assume that she said the same as Jack and in the same concerned tone.

Sam didn't really have 'feelings' for Martouf like with Jack. They were friends. The romantic feelings were those of Jolinar which we can assume she couldn't quite suppress.
        sigpic
        Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

I just watched this ep again for the millionth time, and again I wanted to throw things at the tv! I <3 this ep, BUT when Freya kisses Jack, I can't help but wanna throw things at her!

The confession makes up for that - when he says he "cares about her a lot more than I should", I get chills every time....

Of course, Sam killing Martouf breaks my heart everytime....

Watching this ep is kinda like having the worst mood swings ever!
          My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
          sigpic

Comment

Oh, I laugh at Jack's reaction when Freya kisses him. . . and the comment about 'I could blow any minute here' is SUCH a double entendre that I have to laugh every time.
            sigpic
            Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
              Oh, I laugh at Jack's reaction when Freya kisses him. . . and the comment about 'I could blow any minute here' is SUCH a double entendre that I have to laugh every time.
              it is a great quote! but Freya/Anise always kinda annoyed me and it just ticked me off when she kissed him (or maybe i'm just a little jealous....)
              My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
              sigpic

Comment

Watching this episode now...

That outfit was just way to reviling, I wonder what the writers were thinking. In my opinion this is just a step down from that nude scene in COTG. I'm really glad we didn't see her character again after this episode. She wasn't going anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
                  Watching this episode now...

That outfit was just way to reviling, I wonder what the writers were thinking. In my opinion this is just a step down from that nude scene in COTG. I'm really glad we didn't see her character again after this episode. She wasn't going anywhere.
                  The suits above the writers/producers wanted a 7 of 9 type character on Stargate. Her clothing got more revealing in each ep.

<sigh> at the idiocy of some ideas
                  sigpic
                  Mourning Sanctuary.
                  Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                    The suits above the writers/producers wanted a 7 of 9 type character on Stargate. Her clothing got more revealing in each ep.

<sigh> at the idiocy of some ideas
                    Yes, I guess it's a good thing she didn't appear in anymore episodes... she might not have had anything on in the next appearance.

Comment

ah, the super-shippy episode. (well, one of them at any rate). Freya's attempt at seduction was horrible. Do you think she sat down and thought about it beforehand?
                      "Hm, I think I'll wait until I've targeted him as a brainwashed agent and they've locked him in a secure room. Then I'll put on my latex and kiss him"
                      I mean really. What was she thinking?

And regarding the whole brainwashed agent thing, that whole pretense was rather flimsy, wasn't it? Everyone just jumped on board and believed it without much thought or questioning.

And I'm not going to go on about Sam/Jack here as enough folks have already. I will say this much, however. During my first watch of this series, this is the point where I jumped on board the Sam/Jack bandwagon. I played along happily for MANY, MANY, MANY seasons (insert random grumble).

Comment

I know this is a bit pedantic, but I noticed that when the guard lets Freya out of Jack's cell, he stands facing away from the door before Jack closes it, giving Jack a perfect opportunity to grab his sidearm.

Comment

Originally posted by Badhron View Post
                          I know this is a bit pedantic, but I noticed that when the guard lets Freya out of Jack's cell, he stands facing away from the door before Jack closes it, giving Jack a perfect opportunity to grab his sidearm.
                          I understood that always as him being discreet
                          But you are actually right
                          "Are you like, a crazy person?"
                          "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

i like how the host and the parasite like diffrent people one likes danial the other likes jack lol. i also love how jack and sam finally tell the truth about there feelings altho i think by teal'cs expression he had already figured it out
                            sigpic

Comment

One of my favorite episodes. The shipper in me enjoys this tremendously. The Sam/Jack flashback scene is amazing - both AT and RDA made that scene incredible. Overall a good episode. Poor Martouf, though. (And Freya's/Anise's clothes are hideous. Ha ha).

Comment

i felt sad that martouf was taken over then killed.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X