Divide and Conquer (405)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dinoman View Post
    The confession of Jack's feeling about Sam in this episode is classic, although I'm a bit sad to see Sam's reacting a bit cold and rational to it.
    That's part of her personality. He seemed a bit shocked that she wanted to leave it in that room. As if he was prepared to deal with the ramifications of their admission if SHE wanted to. When she didn't, he was ok with tucking it away.

I love the scene of Freya kissing Jack too. I noticed a flash of pink/red on Jack's cheek when Freya is kissing him, so cute!

RDA has pink cheeks a lot. And makeup doesn't always cover it up.

His comment about 'I could blow any minute now' or whatever it was after she kissed him was priceless. He delivered the double entendre with such a straight face I have to wonder how many takes it took.
    sigpic
    Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

[QUOTE=leiasky;9798123]That's part of her personality. He seemed a bit shocked that she wanted to leave it in that room. As if he was prepared to deal with the ramifications of their admission if SHE wanted to. When she didn't, he was ok with tucking it away.

i agree i think he would have prepared to deal with the ramifications of there admittance of there feelings and was shocked but i think he wouldn't have wanted for the both to get kicked out of the sgc because they both love there job and when she thats why when she asked it to be kept in the room he was willing to let it be even tho after that u could see the feelings were still there and strong
      sigpic

Comment

the whole scene with Jack and Sam with the flashback is amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Butlersgate View Post
          the whole scene with Jack and Sam with the flashback is amazing.
          And the flashback is different than what we actually see in the episode where that scene happened. Upgrades, I think.
          sigpic

Comment

i don't know but if it was i guess it showed there point of view
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
              And the flashback is different than what we actually see in the episode where that scene happened. Upgrades, I think.
              yeah it doesn't show jack hitting the force field with the staff in upgrades, it does in this one and it shows him shouting NO! when sam says just go to him.

Comment

oo it does to i should really watch them again
                sigpic

Comment

Bring back marty!
                  Some say that he has only one ear.
                  And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
                  All we know is he's called
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Butlersgate View Post
                    yeah it doesn't show jack hitting the force field with the staff in upgrades, it does in this one and it shows him shouting NO! when sam says just go to him.

the flashback IS different...if you watch the show on DVD you can watch it with commentaries and they explain it (unfortunately it's been a while and i can't remember the details)

i LOVE this episode!
                    My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                    sigpic

Comment

So, this was the 1st episode I watched after signing up here (I just recently re-discovered SG-1, used to watch it occasionally when it ran on TV over here a few years back, but now since a month back I have started to watch things more seriously, got S1-4 DVD, and ordering the rest soon )

Well, I'm gonna be bold with my 1st post, and say that this episode wasn't my cup of tea, but that is mostly due to 1 reason, and that's the Jack/Sam "thing" at the end. I dunno why, but ever since the 1st episode I saw, that relationship has not gone well with me, maybe it's just cause the writer's went with the oh so usual "you like me, I like you, but this can not be" complicated relationship, with the constant "will they, won't they, have they?" scenarios.

Otherwise it was a decent episode, those Zatarcs were nice, althou again it seems variants of these pop up in almost every sci-fi show (doesn't even be a sci-fi show, just some show like 24) (but I guess this is the thing with most stuff, so didn't bother me)

That it was Martouf that was compromised, was also obvious from pretty early into the episode (at least to me).

So seeing how this forum is like 99% pro Jack/Sam, I think I have done a fairly good job alienating myself from the majority in my 1st post...I usually do that, so pay no attention
                      --Signature is Currently Undergoing Invisibility Maintenance, Please Check Back Later or Leave a Message after The Beep--

*Beep*

Comment

You're entitled to your opinion and it was voiced well Re-watch the whole series from beginning to end and your opinion may change - or not. Who knows.

I loved the whole episode but I'm also very pro Sam/Jack.

Welcome to GW, in any case!
                        sigpic

Comment

I wouldn't worry too much about alienating people. As long as you voice your opinions without being insulting, everybody here plays nice. I don't actively ship Sam and Jack and I've never run into any problems. The Sam/Jack shippers are a nice, friendly crowd.

I quite liked this episode, even though I was sad to see Martouf go. Wasn't a big fan of Anise and her latex costumes, so this being, if I remember correctly, her last episode was a plus for me.

I felt like the Jack/Sam sort of came out of no where (though, admittedly, I'm a bit "ship blind" in this show, so unless it's in your face, no way to escape it, subtlety not included ship like Daniel/Vala or Pete/Sam/Jack in seasons 7/8 I tend to miss it) and the "confession" always struck me as a bit...I don't know, emotionless, on Jack/RDA's part anyway. AT always nails the emotional stuff but sometimes RDA when trying to do romance leaves me a bit cold. Though, the look he gave Sam over his shoulder when he was going to get Anise's cure always makes me go a little bit girly.

Was a HUGE fan of Sam/AT's hair at this point in the show. Huge.
                          And Janet. I love Janet. Love, love, love her.
                          Originally posted by Callista
                          Ahhh! Ashizuri can see into the future!!
                          Originally posted by HPMom
                          She saw the candle light as many things.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashizuri View Post
                            I wouldn't worry too much about alienating people. As long as you voice your opinions without being insulting, everybody here plays nice. I don't actively ship Sam and Jack and I've never run into any problems. The Sam/Jack shippers are a nice, friendly crowd.
                            No one likes a differing opinion forced down ones throat so as long as one stays away from doing that - or the threads that seem to veer in that direction, you'll have a real fun time here!

I quite liked this episode, even though I was sad to see Martouf go. Wasn't a big fan of Anise and her latex costumes, so this being, if I remember correctly, her last episode was a plus for me.
                            I always wondered what happened to her. I liked the character and that the host liked Jack and the Tokra liked Daniel. Or - whichever way it was. She was wonderfully secretive and a not so trustworthy ally which added a good, twisted dimension to the Tokra/ Tauri alliance.

I liked the theme of the show and the inclusion of the Sam/Jack angle had been building for a while and needed to be dealt with head on. Martouf's death just served to show the two of them, after they'd admitted out loud to their feelings, what could happen. Sam was devistated because martouf died - because she retained the feelings and memories of his lover. It was a great comparison to make regarding her feelings for Jack.

I felt like the Jack/Sam sort of came out of no where (though, admittedly, I'm a bit "ship blind" in this show, so unless it's in your face, no way to escape it, subtlety not included ship like Daniel/Vala or Pete/Sam/Jack in seasons 7/8 I tend to miss it) and the "confession" always struck me as a bit...I don't know, emotionless, on Jack/RDA's part anyway. AT always nails the emotional stuff but sometimes RDA when trying to do romance leaves me a bit cold. Though, the look he gave Sam over his shoulder when he was going to get Anise's cure always makes me go a little bit girly.
                            It's funny to hear a non-shipper say that. Because that's not usually how they feel! LOL! They think it was shoved down their throats and don't like to see it at all even though they know it was there.

But - I'm like you when I first saw the show. I didn't see it either and felt it came out of no-where, but in going back and re-watching could see that it had been building.

Was a HUGE fan of Sam/AT's hair at this point in the show. Huge.
                            And Janet. I love Janet. Love, love, love her.
                            I liked the Sam cut from Beneath the Surface a lot! LOL! And Janet. I loved her so much and wish they had killed off another character other than her. She was just so perfectly believable as a medical officer and friend. *wipes away a tear*
                            sigpic

Comment

I always wondered what happened to her. I liked the character and that the host liked Jack and the Tokra liked Daniel. Or - whichever way it was. She was wonderfully secretive and a not so trustworthy ally which added a good, twisted dimension to the Tokra/ Tauri alliance.
                              I liked the idea of the character, and I though it was about time we met a Tok'ra who was distinctly different from their host. I could always tell the difference between who was in charge by what was said, not by the voice used, and that was something that I felt was unique to her character(s). I could never tell the difference between Jacob/Selmac the way I could with Anise/Freya. She was perhaps the only Tok'ra who made me appriciate that there were two beings in one body.

I can admit my dislike of the character has more to do with the actress and the Weird Science TV show.

It's funny to hear a non-shipper say that. Because that's not usually how they feel! LOL! They think it was shoved down their throats and don't like to see it at all even though they know it was there.

But - I'm like you when I first saw the show. I didn't see it either and felt it came out of no-where, but in going back and re-watching could see that it had been building.
                              There were episodes where I though the ship was a bit heavy, but I really never felt that it was forced down my throat or that it was ruining my enjoyment of the show. While I may not ship Sam/Jack, I don't actively dislike it either and I genuinely enjoyed some of the shippy interaction. (The scene between them at the beginning of Nemesis is perhaps my favorite Jack/Sam moment. I adore that scene and all their adorable awkwardness.)

I think, for the most part, Sam/Jack was well written and didn't often distract me from the team, which is why I don't mind it. I started having problems with it in season 7, but that's when I started having problems with the show as a whole, and I blame that more on the new TPTB not knowing how to handle the characters.

I liked the Sam cut from Beneath the Surface a lot! LOL! And Janet. I loved her so much and wish they had killed off another character other than her. She was just so perfectly believable as a medical officer and friend. *wipes away a tear*
                              Actually, the only time I can think of that I didn't like Sam's hair was when it was super, super short. Like, Jack's hair short.

Janet will always be missed. She was one of those characters that anytime I saw her, the episode was automatically better, regardless of what she was doing.
                              Originally posted by Callista
                              Ahhh! Ashizuri can see into the future!!
                              Originally posted by HPMom
                              She saw the candle light as many things.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashizuri View Post

I can admit my dislike of the character has more to do with the actress and the Weird Science TV show.
                                I didn't know her from anything else and have never seen her in anything since stargate!

Janet will always be missed. She was one of those characters that anytime I saw her, the episode was automatically better, regardless of what she was doing.
                                Yeah. Have to agree with you here
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X