• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh oh, since S7...
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Mmmm right. S7 was, er, when? *runs to look up the dictionary definition of recently*
      sigpic

Comment

Ok guys, I was simply talking about the strength of bones. I like to assume that the general workings of the show are realistic. The only reason I was saying that it was unrealistic was because it didn't fit within those general workings. Now I was hoping that we could start talking about the episode. If you guys want to have some further conversation on the realistic/non realistic parts of SG-1 let's start a thread. Let me know if someone starts it.
        sigpic

Comment

I actually know what you mean. Don't mind me I'm just messing with your head.

Gipsy... ok ok ok. I admit it. I went off Stargate ages ago. But I do like S4 particularly much.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger View Post
            I actually know what you mean. Don't mind me I'm just messing with your head.

Gipsy... ok ok ok. I admit it. I went off Stargate ages ago. But I do like S4 particularly much.
            Thank you...

Let's talk about Anise and how amazingly hot she is, I can't believe Jack turns her down in Divide and Conquer.
            sigpic

Comment

*sticks fingers in ears*

lalalalala I can't hear you.

Actually, I have a theory about that... but, well, I like to keep that in my own head.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger View Post
                *sticks fingers in ears*

lalalalala I can't hear you.

Actually, I have a theory about that... but, well, I like to keep that in my own head.
                I mean sure it could be that she was Tok'ra but I don't know Jack has always been fast and loose.
                sigpic

Comment

ok. For all the scientific Geeks, got a question for you. According to Sam and wormhole physics, whatever enters the wormhole exists in the same speed right? Yet if you see Season 1, 2 and a few others... in many of the episodes they step in normally and fall out on the other side with a force. So how is that possible. According to the Scientific explanation, the distance travelled shouldn't matter. What matters is the speed of entry which should be the speed of exit if matters break into pieces and gets joined again. Extra force cannot be counted for that.

Possible plothole maybe?

Comment

I really had fun with this episode. Super SG1! Cool. And did I hear a spiderman quote?

Teal'c had me at the end when he said he had no need to apologize. I loved the way he said it.

Tokra. Grrrr. I was expecting Janet to really do something bad to Anise. The way she looks at Anise says it all.

Comment

Do you think they titled this episode "Upgrades" because Anise obviously had some... umm, upgrades?

Rating: 6/10

Full Reveiw: http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/2.../upgrades.html
                      My attempt to watch every episode of SG-1 and Atlantis this summer:
                      http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Plague - you know how some of us were just talking about how our inner anorak likes Stargate because it is (mostly) consistent? Well....

The whole, entry/exit speed for the wormhole thing is one of those instances where you just have to pretend that Sam never spouted such obvious rubbish - or else TPTB were playing hookey that day and didn't catch up on their notes.

As for Anise. Where to begin...

Actually, I'm not going there again. Except to mention that her boobs are lopsided and it really really keeps me from paying attention to 99% of what she says or what happens when she's onscreen.
                        I saw Upgrades for the first time in ages and ages last week and the exit speed was something that really stuck out for me.

sigpic

Comment

I love this episode because of the Humor. When they all go to eat steak and Sam orders a Diet Soda - Ha! Also, when thier arm bands fall off and Sam and Jack are separated - awwww... I agree with pp's about Teal'cs comment at the end - I love that guy!!

Comment

I liked this episode. Many, many funny scenes and some true bravery! I was very impressed with Teal'c who wouldn't leave O'Neill and Carter inside the ship, and with O'Neill who wouldn't leave Carter behind the force shield.

What I didn't quite get was what caused the force shields to come down? Was it the explosion? But shouldn't the explosion take out the entire ship - and kill everybody inside? And shouldn't that include O'Neill and Carter?

Or did I miss something?

Comment

Good episode, I especially enjoyed the comical dialog in the end between SG1 and Hammond - "Me too" "Me three" and then comes Teal'c with "I don't have to apologize". haha, I really laughed at that moment. I love these parts in the show.

The abilities the armband gives are incredible, I wish there was some further development in that subject. and about the Tok'ra - I'm sure they'll use Earth as a mean and not as a cause.

Comment

Originally posted by plague View Post
                                ok. For all the scientific Geeks, got a question for you. According to Sam and wormhole physics, whatever enters the wormhole exists in the same speed right? Yet if you see Season 1, 2 and a few others... in many of the episodes they step in normally and fall out on the other side with a force. So how is that possible. According to the Scientific explanation, the distance travelled shouldn't matter. What matters is the speed of entry which should be the speed of exit if matters break into pieces and gets joined again. Extra force cannot be counted for that.

Possible plothole maybe?
                                Travellers fell out of the other side with a force because of imprecise calculations used in forming the wormhole. They had to make their own DHD (Dial Home Device) and as such it was imperfect.
                                Energy bends the bow, timing releases the arrow. ~Sun Tzu

Comment

Working...
                                X