Upgrades (403)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

totally hilarious

oh by the way, I despise Anise/Freya what's-her-face!
    Sphere…planet. Label…name.
    Following…still…you…not!

Comment

Starting at about timestamp 24:49
      Anise:
      General Hammond, I have a received a message from the Tok'Ra high council.

General Hammond:
      What?

Anise:
      I have reported the progress of the experiment and they have made a suggestion.

General Hammond:
      Regarding?

Anise:
      The high council would like to forward the idea of putting SG-1's new skills into practical use.

Jack:
      Yessss! Sir.

General Hammond:
      What are they suggesting?

Anise:
      We have just recieved new information regarding a new class of battleship that Apophis is building.

General Hammond:
      Just received?

Anise:
      Our internal attempt at sabotage has already failed. However, based on our intelligence, a special covert team cou...

General Hammond:
      You've known all along.

Anise:
      Excuse me?

General Hammond:
      This was the point. Wasn't it?

Anise:
      General I assure you.

General Hammond:
      I assure you. I have been at this a long time and I know damn well when I am being manipulated.

Anise:
      I realize how this must look. However, in the interest of the Tok'Ra earth alliance.

General Hammond:
      Don't give me that load of bunk. Right now I don't think the Tok'Ra have my people's best interest in mind.

Anise:
      General, if you believe anything, believe this.
      If Apophis is allowed to complete this battleship, it will assure his dominance over the Gou'ld, your planet, and the rest of this galaxy.
      I am sure the high council will be disappointed.
      I have downloaded everything we know about the battleship's construction into your base computer.
      Hopefully you will review it and change your mind.

Jack:
      General, if I may?

General Hammond:
      No you may not.

Take them back to the lockup.
      For what its worth. I am ordering you to cooperate.

Timestamp approximately 26:15 at end.

They did cooperate and so they were not disobeying orders on the dangerous mission to destroy Apophis' ship.
      Energy bends the bow, timing releases the arrow. ~Sun Tzu

Comment

This episode was one of the most enjoyable ones I've seen yet. Seeing Jack, Daniel and Carter decidedly kicking some Serpent Guard ass was also brilliant. Plus, this is the best Janet's looked, ever.
        sigpic
        Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

I'm all for cool alien technology, but this wasn't very realistic. Let's say that they were given the strength to hit, kick, and punch things with extreme power. Wouldn't the bones that make up their body brake under the pressure? If you strike a steel wall with a sledge hammer with the force of let's say 1,000 pounds the handle of the hammer would break before the wall would.

The whole thing throws the laws of physics out the window. Even so it was extremely entertaining to watch them take out that entire mother ship and I wish I could read that fast.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake View Post
            I'm all for cool alien technology, but this wasn't very realistic.
            I just love it when people write things like this about a sci-fi show full of aliens!!
            Brilliant.
            In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger View Post
              I just love it when people write things like this about a sci-fi show full of aliens!!
              Brilliant.
              What is so unrealistic about aliens?
              sigpic

Comment

That's told me!

sigpic

Comment

Jake does a victory dance!
                  sigpic

Comment

Oi, don't get ahead of yourself, buster

sigpic

Comment

You have your spoon and I have my victory dance. However, the term victory dance is slightly vague, let's call it "Jake's hoity-toity superiority gambol".

You do have to admit that my sledge hammer analogy was rather ingenious.
                      sigpic

Comment

Rather ingeneous - but, well... it's the fact that we all sit around going "well that's not realistic" when we're talking about building a wormhole that really makes me

sigpic

Comment

No it isn't realistic to talk about building wormholes. We've no original knowledge about how to build them apart from the alien technology we've managed to get our hands on and what we've figured out from that.
                          sigpic

Comment

Ok people it is Sci-Fi it is not supposed to be realistic right now. It could be possible in 50-100+ years for some of it to happen.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy View Post
                              No it isn't realistic to talk about building wormholes. We've no original knowledge about how to build them apart from the alien technology we've managed to get our hands on and what we've figured out from that.

Actually, all joking aside - I really do love it that what we look for in the (or a) show isn't "is this something that I can experience in my everyday life?" (like a soap) but the continuity and the ability of the whole team to make a world that survives with consistent rules about how things work (mostly)

It's like when you watch Star Trek (especially TOS) and they get stuck, and we're all shouting things like "reverse the polarity to the forward shields" - because we know that in a consistent universe of Trek tech, that kind of thing works. Like in BSG they can't beam anywhere and they show the miners who are making the fuel.

I've gone right off Stargate recently, but conversations like this remind me why it was so brilliant.

sigpic

Comment

Recently?

Oh good point though. It is that consistancy that is great, especially for those of us with inner anoraks.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X