No announcement yet.

Upgrades (403)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is one of my favourite episodes. I find it one of the funniest episodes (Along with Window of Opportunity) but it also has the powerful scene between Jack and Sam in the corridor.

Comment

I loved all the quotes, like the diet-pop thing. I kind of have a question, though...
      When Jack says: Earth, steaks...there's a difference

I've never been able to hear/remember his inflection well enough to know--does he say it with a question mark at the end, or not? As in, "Is there a difference?" or admitting that there IS a difference.

I've seen the ep. several times, and never been quite able to tell.

Comment

Kinda a light question mark....

anyway...I like that episode. Only seen it a few times but it was funny.
        www.homestarrunner.com
        Strong Bad is my lover.
        ~~~~~~~~
        Sometime's you're the windsheild and sometimes you're the bug.-Eric Clapton
        ~~~~~~~~
        www.livejournal.com/~eblackstar

Comment

This was a GREAT episode! I loved the idea of superpowers, both physically and intellectually. I was particularly impressed by how fast they could read books, and how Carter wrote a book in a few hours. What a great opportunity for her and Daniel to learn and record information.

I wouldn't want to take the armbands off myself!

As always, I was impressed by Teal'c stubborn determination to help his friends, whether they wanted his help or thought they needed it, or not.

Lovely humour in this episodes as well:

-O'Malley's -- the sneaking out, the steaks, the fight

-sneaking off world

-Jack's childlike enthusiasm about his new powers and wanting to use them ASAP

-Hammond's combo of exasperation and amusement at Jack

Comment

cool and funny episode.
            I LOVE JACK!!!
            and Teal'c is so loyal love his charater too

i love the scene when the 3 of them came from the restaurant, Jack explain that it was Cartar idea...lol

Comment

This has to be one of my all time favorite episodes as well. I love -

- the boxing scene with Jack and Teal'c
              - the running away from SGC to the restaurant
              - the ordering part (Jack ordering 3 steaks and the others agreeing)
              - Daniel being the "don't mess with me kind of guy"
              - the shippy scene with Jack & Sam (overlook the mush non-shippers)

All in all, it's one of the best !
              -girlgater

Comment

My favourite bit in this episode is the Daniel reading bit. Firstly when Jack flips trough the book and then Daniel tries it - then later when he says ... yes but I can read REALLY fast. That's my boy - never mind the awesome powers - he can read fast!
                Lots of comic moments in this..... Teal'c - I have no need to apologise - too right! And the whole going out for steaks bit - very funny.
                I really felt for Teal'c when he was standing at that force field waiting for Jack and Sam - he wouldn't leave them.... what a hero he is.

Comment

This was definitely one of the great SG-1 episodes. I'm not sure why the man in the bar called Daniel a geek because he wasn't wearing his glasses and doesn't really look like much of a geek, but watching him stand up to them was funny!

I liked O'Neill taking a chunk out of hammond's office, Teal'c was funny at the end, O'Neill boasting about his strength:

ANIS: Squeeze this, it will measure your strength.

O'Neill squeezes and a computer beeps

ANIS: Amazing, you have three times the strength of an average human.
                  O'NEILL: No change then

- "I ask you. What could possibly be in my eye that would explain this?"
                  - "Lose it…it meant go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one’s faculties, three fries short of a happy meal….WACKO!"
                  - "I'm taking this loop off..."
                  - "Did they try the doughnuts? You made sure they were krispy kremes right?"
                  - "Carter, all I heard was matrix, and I found those films quite confusing."
                  - "I played Def Jam Vendetta."

Comment

Originally posted by captain_kirk999
                    I liked O'Neill taking a chunk out of hammond's office
                    Absolutely. Me too. I just love the way the armbands not only give SG1 superpowers, but also completely skew their judgement. How Jack thought that disassembling the General's office was a great advert for how useful he could be with his new superpowers is an example in itself...

One thing that interested me was that, while Anise's presence prevented Freya from wearing an armband (and so they assumed that Teal'c wouldn't be able to wear one either), the presence of the protein marker in Sam didn't make a difference to her wearing one. Normally the protein marker seems to get in the way almost as much as Junior does when they encounter 'goa'uld proof' technology. But not this time.

Either that is one seriously clever armband, or it can introduce the virus and gauge whether it's spreading the very instant it is placed on the arm - and then engages depending upon the success of the infection. Given that Freya couldn't wear one because of Anise, they just assumed that Teal'c wouldn't be able to because of Junior - I bet if he'd tried one it would have engaged in the first instance, and then fallen off when Junior healed the virus the next time Teal'c went into a state of Kelnoreem. In Sam's case, she retains her human immune system, so I suppose that was how she got the infection.

Just a thought.
                    sigpic

Comment

I totally enjoyed this episode. I liked everything about it, including both Jack's and Hamond's distrust of Anise and her possible "hidden" motives, to the hilarious scenes in the restaurant/bar. I also thought it was a great lead into the episode about the Zatarcs, sorry, I'm blanking on the title. Phoo.....let me think about it. I can't remember it.
                      "After all is said and done, more is said, than done." - Unknown

Comment

I'm sooooo stupid.....Divide and Conquer. How could I forget that episode?????
                        (bangs head against the wall). And it's spelled za'tarc's, right?
                        "After all is said and done, more is said, than done." - Unknown

Comment

*nips off to check the omnipedia...*

Yup. It's Za'tarc.

I just love the moment when the Waitress is about to leave, thinking that they've ordered - only to find that it's just the one order...

Given the size of the steaks on offer in one particular restaurant my folks visited on their hols in the US (sixteen ounces!), and assuming that the steaks on offer in that restaurant weren't too different in size, those must have been some seriously extreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeme protein cravings!

Mind you, I bet AT, RDA and MS never wanted to see a cereal bar again by the end of filming that episode...
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi Daniel
                            This is one of my favourite episodes. I find it one of the funniest episodes (Along with Window of Opportunity) but it also has the powerful scene between Jack and Sam in the corridor.
                            I have to agree with scene, i think their feelings for each other really show in this episode. I wish we could see more of these!
                            SAM & JACK 4EVER!!

Comment

I like the way the episode was done, it was humorous throughout (as mentioned above! especially the way jack said "three..." after he threw the wrapper into the cup!) and even ended on a thought provoking point regarding S&J. a great episode. a lot better than when i first watched it in syndication.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Don't think I've reviewed this one yet, soooo...

What was good:
                                a. The armbands. Ah, the jewelery that launched a thousand shippers...
                                b. The bar fight at O'Malley's, although I wish we'd seen more of it.
                                c. Anise. Okay, so in reality she bugs the sniggles out of me, but she's just so much fun to laugh at. It's not the actress's fault, I don't think, just the character. She's practically the epitomized "sexy alien female" suggested in "Wormhole X-Treme!"
                                d. Jack knocking Siler down the stairs. It's always poor Siler...
                                e. Odd humerous bits that make me snort root beer out my nose.

What wasn't good:
                                a. Slightly cliche plot (and sexy alien female, but not going into that.)
                                b. Siler always gets hurt, and we always get the short end of the Tok'ra deal. Don't try to tell me that they didn't know someone else, somewhere, who'd wear the stupid bracelets. But that's just part of the show, and I more or less live with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X