Upgrades (403)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Major Clanger View Post
    (oh the poor actress, it made her boobs look lopsided)
    If she's like any other woman, her boobs are lopsided.

Seaboe
    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

well yes, but most of us manage to disguise that.
      In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

No you don't
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

stop looking... :-P
          In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Fraiser has every right to use the big needles next time SG1 comes in for a medical evaluation... they deserve it. Except Teal'c - he's to be spared.

Ah, Anise/Freya... mmm... I kinda really like her. As far as Tok'ra go, she's definitely a fave of mine.

Not a bad episode, with some fun moments. The bar brawl comes to mind...

However, in theory Jack's armband should have been the one to fall off first since he was wearing it the longest.
            And it was my understanding the forcefields were in place, and not on a rotation so how exactly did Teal'c managed to a) walk in, b) walk out with Daniel and c) suddenly there's a forcefield preventing him to go back in... where did that forcefield come from. Was the intruder alert activated already when he walked out?

Also the best scene ever in the history of Stargate, when Jack runs towards the forcefield in slow motion, and gets flattened by the forcefield. BRILLIANT!!
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              Ah, Anise/Freya... mmm... I kinda really like her. As far as Tok'ra go, she's definitely a fave of mine.
              I like the character, I think the actress is fine (and certainly, she does her best with the material she was given) but I hate the way they dressed her.

how exactly did Teal'c managed to a) walk in, b) walk out with Daniel and c) suddenly there's a forcefield preventing him to go back in... where did that forcefield come from. Was the intruder alert activated already when he walked out?
              As I understood it, only the core forcefields were on when they entered, so Teal'c could get in without a problem. By the time he tried to turn back, the intruder alert had gone on, yes. Probably (IMO), when the two Jaffa Daniel had taken out were discovered--but of course, we don't know about them, yet (no, I'm not going to put that in spoilers).

Seaboe
              If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Anise's attire leaves much to be desired, yes. Though the brown leathery dress-thing she's wearing in this episode is far better than that beige thing they got her wearing in Crossroads.

Comment

The only thing I didn't like about this episode is how all three of them tossed the armbands after they fell off. Even if they could only use it once the knowledge they could gain from them would be great. They could have also had them on hand for emergencies. One of their main missions is to find new tech they can use and they just throw a powerful piece of equipment out.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Of Hell View Post
                    The only thing I didn't like about this episode is how all three of them tossed the armbands after they fell off. Even if they could only use it once the knowledge they could gain from them would be great. They could have also had them on hand for emergencies. One of their main missions is to find new tech they can use and they just throw a powerful piece of equipment out.
                    I always assumed they figured the armbands were too much of a risk/threat for further use. Leaving them behind meant no one else (on Earth) could fiddle with them and get in the same kind of danger they or the Ataniks (remember, they all died because of their reliance on the armbands) were while under the influence.
                    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

I always figured that, given the circumstances (running for the gate before the ship exploded) it never even occurred to them to stop to pick up the armbands.

Seaboe

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Of Hell View Post
                        The armbands would have gone back to the Tok'ra. And we all know how Jack felt about them. so maybe they got left behind so the Tok'ra couldn't play around with them.
                        no means no, and so does pepper spray
                        Sig by The Carpenter
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                          I always assumed they figured the armbands were too much of a risk/threat for further use. Leaving them behind meant no one else (on Earth) could fiddle with them and get in the same kind of danger they or the Ataniks (remember, they all died because of their reliance on the armbands) were while under the influence.
                          But could the Gou'ald have gotten their hands on them?
                          Won wonders what effect it could have had on a jaffa..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                            Won wonders what effect it could have had on a jaffa..
                            None, if we are to believe that Jaffa and Goa'uld alike are immune to the virus which makes the armbands work. Anise or Freya mentioned that much, hence why she needed symbiote-free humans to test the armbands on.

Comment

What of those Jaffa taking tretonin?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                                What of those Jaffa taking tretonin?
                                The armbands work through a viral delivery system. I'd guess that Tritonin would attack (or augment the body's own attack against) what's perceived as an invading virus.

Comment

Working...
                                X