No announcement yet.

Upgrades (403)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always wondered. What was that ship supposed to do for Apophis? Was it gonna be more powerful than their other super hataks?

Comment

Tuesday night...another ep of SG1...

1. New Tok'ra...meh...she was pretty fit though...

2. OK...who used to be on the "New Adventures of Superman" FX team...

3. Didn't think about how much damage SG1 might be doing to themselves...

4. Forgot about the C4 knocking out the shields...

5. "I have nothing to apologise for".

Fun ep!
      I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Such a pity we never got to see Apophis's new ship. Although at least we get to see Anubis bring a new ship to the fight.

The arm bands were great fun. Nearly ended in disaster.
        sigpic

Comment

This episode is like a roller coaster ride, and it’s needed after the heavier episode before this. Watching Jack, Daniel and Sam reacted to their new powers is fun. There is also great dialog:

(after Annise walks through the gate)
          Daniel: that looks like trouble to me.
          I liked seeing Daniel flirt with Annise, and Jack’s reaction to it.

After Jack knocks Teal’c out, there’s this cute interchange between Jack and Teal’c
          Jack: Teal’c, I’m really sorry
          Teal’c: You are not
          Jack: He’s right about that

Sam: Has it occurred to anyone that we are defying a direct order?
          (long pause)
          Daniel: it’s not like we haven’t defied orders before
          Sam: Yeah, but that was about saving Earth.
          Jack: Earth, steaks—what’s the difference?

Daniel “taking on the big boys” in a fight

Questions, did they get to eat their food?
          Did they use a “Vulcan pinch” to disable the control room personnel?

And last, if not least, the dialog after they return to the SGC:
          Jack: Even so, General, I’m sorry
          Sam: Me too
          Daniel: Me three
          Teal’c: I have no reason to apologize.

Comment

I presume they got to eat their food - looked like they'd already finished by the time Sam was playing pool.
            I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Man, Anise is a pushy devil, isn't she? I do actually kind of like her. It would've been cool to have seen her in a few more episodes over the course of the show. she does have rather dubious taste in clothes...

This was such a fun episode, lots of great lines...and looks. cracks me up!
              Love when Jack knocks Teal'c out...and then when he apologizes and says "I'm sorry." and Teal'c says very simply "You are not." ....his tone of voice and the look on his face is incredibly awesome!
              I also love how Janet is on guard at all times and not so ecstatic about this whole thing...love the Janet vs Anise dynamic. Along with Teal'c, Janet pretty much pwns all and can do no wrong!

The whole scene with Hammond and Jack in his office is amazing. Hammond is a saint for dealing with all the weirdness every day...I love how Hammond nails Anise and knows this was all a set up. Sneaky Tok'Ra!

Love the interior of the ship, especially the power core, totally cool and very different from anything we've seen before. ah, Teal'c...feeling a little left out, I think. He deserved his moment at the end "I have no need to apologize." With his nose in the air, no less! hahahaha!

"You wanted me back!"
              Enjoying the Stargate Re-Watch Event: "This should not get old, General!"

Noxbait's Fan Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by Noxbait View Post
                Man, Anise is a pushy devil, isn't she? I do actually kind of like her. It would've been cool to have seen her in a few more episodes over the course of the show. she does have rather dubious taste in clothes...
                They're awful! Like she just pinned some vinyl fabric scraps on herself.
                sigpic
                http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
                http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by shipper hannah View Post
                  They're awful! Like she just pinned some vinyl fabric scraps on herself.
                  agreed! although i hate her getup in Divide and Conquer even more! egh.
                  Enjoying the Stargate Re-Watch Event: "This should not get old, General!"

Noxbait's Fan Fiction

Comment

And here begins the Anise trilogy. I always watch this episode whenever its on tv. I love the fact that Sg-1 (except Teal'c) get superpowers. Also love the scene in O'Malleys and them kicking some Gou'ald butt was good. Especially love Jack knocking Teal'c out and at the end Teal'c says he has nothing to apologise for cracks me up everytime.
                    My favorite TV shows

sigpic

Comment

Ah Anise. The Stargate version of Seven of Nine. She never really had a huge purpose besides eye candy. What to say about this episode? Its purely action. While giving characters superpowers is hardly a new science fiction concept this is a new one. Its unfortunate that in modern microbiology the concept of a retrovirus doing this makes absolutely no sense. But to be fair Stargate ofter misses up medicine. I was also interested in seeing them destroy Apophis' new ship. I always felt this was a prototype to his big ship we see in the back half of S4 and why this unique hatak is never seen again. Most importantly this episode and season is where our trust and alliance with the Tok'ra starts to become shaky. I always liked that part of the show
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Noxbait View Post

This was such a fun episode, lots of great lines...and looks. cracks me up!
                        Love when Jack knocks Teal'c out...and then when he apologizes and says "I'm sorry." and Teal'c says very simply "You are not." ....his tone of voice and the look on his face is incredibly awesome!
                        I also love how Janet is on guard at all times and not so ecstatic about this whole thing...love the Janet vs Anise dynamic. Along with Teal'c, Janet pretty much pwns all and can do no wrong!

The whole scene with Hammond and Jack in his office is amazing. Hammond is a saint for dealing with all the weirdness every day...I love how Hammond nails Anise and knows this was all a set up. Sneaky Tok'Ra!

Love the interior of the ship, especially the power core, totally cool and very different from anything we've seen before. ah, Teal'c...feeling a little left out, I think. He deserved his moment at the end "I have no need to apologize." With his nose in the air, no less! hahahaha!

"You wanted me back!"
                        It wouldn't let me green you...so here's virtual green:

I also loved the O'Malley's scene(s). I know they were hyped on adrenaline and not quite themselves, but from the ordering food, to the teasing look Sam gets about ordering a diet soda, to the "pool shark" moment, to Daniel taking offense at being called a geek and not letting it go this time, to the brawl...just nice off-base interaction (and again...I know they were not completely acting like themselves...but how many times in the show did we get to see them off of the base in a social setting?)

Love it! On to Divide and Conquer...
                        sigpic
                        sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                        "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

I wonder if the Tok'ra disciplined her or anything.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                            I wonder if the Tok'ra disciplined her or anything.
                            Why? I think it's fairly clear from the episode that she did exactly what they wanted her to do. The interesting thing is that Anise was apparently keeping secrets from Freya about her actual mission.

Seaboe
                            If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Yeah, I don't really buy that innocent act from Freya. She was probably just trying to lay the blame on Anise, knowing how distrusting the SGC is of the actual snakes and try to remain in good graces with them.
                              Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                              Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                              On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

The only good thing about Anise was that we got some good exchanges with Doc Fraiser. but she could have been a good antagonist with clothes on.

Comment

Working...
                                X