Upgrades (403)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by captain jake View Post
    Let's talk about Anise and how amazingly hot she is, I can't believe Jack turns her down in Divide and Conquer.
    Wow. I'm so tired of so many people raving about Anise, especially when this is the episode in which Janet looks the best she ever did in the entire series.

On the other hand, I would just like to express my love for this episode. It's so fun and entertaining, and it's one of my five favorite SG-1 episodes.
    sigpic
    Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

i love this episode i like the fact he turned the tokar'a down. i also like the part with sam and jack. tis is my fave episode
      sigpic

Comment

jack: well this is cliche

lmao i would love to see someone say that in that situation irl.

Comment

Really loved this episode from start to finish !

Great action and so many funny scenes too.

Hope to see more of Anise later

Rating : 8 / 10

Comment

i agree this episode had a few funny moments
            Spoiler:
            and we do get to see her again later on in the series
            sigpic

Comment

It is a great and fun episode. Sometimes if I am in a more serious type mood, I have trouble enjoying the premise - they get superhero powers, but there is a huge issue. Doing something like typing extremely fast would quickly use up and damage Carter's cartilage in her fingers. Jack benchpressing 3-4 times his bodyweight would hurt his muscles, as would running that quickly. Unless the armbands give them tremendous and instant healing powers, that is possible but seems unlikely. They are not like someone like Superman, who is born an alien and has certain automatic physiological powers. That being said, part of me says, who cares, I just need some suspention of disbelief for this episode, some things I can suspend easily, some not, this one is harder, watching them do things that would destroy their muscles, but hopefully their armbands are working overtime!

That being said, it had its funny moments and was overall very entertaining. Though parts were comedic, to me the last scene was very serious, they got into a situation that required superpowers, and now they need to get out of it without those powers. This to me was very dramatic and set up a lot of tension - how do you solve something as a normal person that was so difficult that you 5 minutes ago required a superhuman ability to do? So the last scene with Jack and Sam was very tense to me.

As for their impared judgement, I thought it was extremely well done and well acted. After watching it a second time, they did a very good job with it, after all, they are not being mind controlled or anything, they just have very offkilter hormones, like a guy on too much steroids or something. They have always been confident, but they become arrogant to the point of being cocky, and do things on a whim and think about them later. When they do think about them, like the 2 seconds of 'wait a minute' at the resturaunt, their actions seem reasonable to them. They wanted steak so they got some steak. I can imagine them putting it on the 'Stargate' tab, that would be hilarious, they just ordered a $250 plus meal!!

Plus I loved seeing them eating at a resturaunt together as friends, they never get to do that. (The other time I remember them eating at a resturaunt one of the members get kidnapped. They must have a problem with eating at resturants.) Great show and very fun, like I said, I just have to suspend my disbelief and enjoy for this one.

Comment

Great episode, some really funny moments - plus lets be honest here from a male perspective Anise was pretty fine as well, it's a bit of a shame she never appeared in more than a couple of episodes...

Comment

Originally posted by vzzzzzbx View Post
                  Great episode, some really funny moments - plus lets be honest here from a male perspective Anise was pretty fine as well, it's a bit of a shame she never appeared in more than a couple of episodes...
                  Eh... I don't find Anise attractive. I know I'm in the minority, though!
                  sigpic
                  Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Originally posted by Ulkesh47 View Post
                    Eh... I don't find Anise attractive. I know I'm in the minority, though!
                    Neither do I.

MGM's choice to make her dress that way.

Still, it was a darned sight better than the way a certain later character dressed - and worse, behaved.

suse
                    sigpic
                    Mourning Sanctuary.
                    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                      Still, it was a darned sight better than the way a certain later character dressed - and worse, behaved.

suse
                      Who?
                      sigpic

Comment

I just noticed that they look like power rangers with those upgrade bands. lol
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ulkesh47 View Post
                          Who?
                          Vala. At least Anise just dressed the part.

/off topic

Loved this ep. All of them became arrogant and the reactions of the 'normals' were great.

suse
                          sigpic
                          Mourning Sanctuary.
                          Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Jack, sam and daniel get these upgrades and yet it is teal'c who saves the day. Shows how good he really is.
                            Some say that he has only one ear.
                            And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
                            All we know is he's called
                            sigpic

Comment

The tok'ra, Freya, likes Jack

I found that funny.

Comment

that was funny but the human part liked danial didn't she
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X