No announcement yet.

The Other Side (402)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd say the fact they considered the others inferior to their superiority, that that would classify as discrimination.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

They clearly state that Teal'c is different - I think they are referring to the colour of his skin.
      CARPE DIEM
      ANJA

Comment

Originally posted by Anja View Post
        They clearly state that Teal'c is different - I think they are referring to the colour of his skin.
        Quite possibly true, especially when we learn that the Eurondans are all white, and looking pretty much the same. But they don't outright say so.

Comment

Fare enough on that angle..

Comment

Having outright said so would have meant - well, to my amateur opinion - that SG1 would have left right on the spot, wouldn't it? They needed their help.
            CARPE DIEM
            ANJA

Comment

The technology might have persuaded to stay... although, I like to doubt that.

Comment

They weren't talking about the color of his skin. Remember that a little later they divulged that they were against the 'breeders', and that they had clones in storage tanks. I don't think they were racist. They just don't like anyone who physically procreates, and they assumed that the rest of the SG-1 team was like them.

Usually I roll my eyes when a show spells out the point they're trying to make. It was really nice that they didn't do that in this episode. It at least gives the fans something to thinking about, talk, and debate over.

Comment

The biggest issue for me in this episode is O'Neill's decision to raise the Iris when that the Eurondan leader came after them. Was it the right thing to do? The most powerful moment in the whole episode is when Carter realised what Jack had done, and the way they looked at each other, that was amazing.

I believe they were racists, I would actually compare them with the KKK or some similar group. But execute a man like that is certainly questionable.

Comment

He wanted to save only himself and leave all his people behind - they didn't execute him, they just left him whee he belonged, amongst his kindred.
                    CARPE DIEM
                    ANJA

Comment

This is a really good episode, I would of liked to have seen more of the Eurondans in later episodes (maybe like the Genii from Atlantis). Though I felt the way SG-1 dealt with them at the end was quite harsh, I wish the ending could of been resolved differently. Also Odo!!

Comment

...they didn't execute him, they just left him whee he belonged, amongst his kindred.
                        Jack knew he'd run into the wormhole after him, so by deliberately ordering the iris closed, he did seal the leader's fate --> splat against the iris back.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          Jack knew he'd run into the wormhole after him, so by deliberately ordering the iris closed, he did seal the leader's fate --> splat against the iris back.
                          Jack did warn him he would die.

Honestly, it has never bothered me. We knew he was a threat because of what he did. Their have been episodes where not raising the iris to threats has made things worse.
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

I'm with jelgate (shocking, I know, we don't usually agree)--Jack warned him; he came anyway; he went splat.

Seaboe
                            If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

And how about the first "splats" at the start of the episode? IMO those did make the iris seem rather primitive. It's too bad they couldn't come up with some sort of "holding area" just in front of the gate or something, but I guess it's far too dangerous without proper energy shields.

Comment

Compared to the Goa'uld and the Asgard, we are primitive.

Comment

Working...
                                X