No announcement yet.

Small Victories (401)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazing conclusion to the season two parter, who have thought that was going to happen after that, i sure didnt!

Spoiler:
    The Russians in the sub actually say "It could be a one of those bugs from the last episode" really they do, and its actually a joke for the Russian fans!!

Comment

Though this one wasn't as cool as Nemesis (I like the CG Replicator-blasting orgy, thank you very much), the story was pretty fun. I love Sam's long hair and everyone's reactions to Teal'c's yellow chin fuzz. It was cool seeing the Replicator queen and how they integrated the original Replicator into it. And I honestly had no idea how Jack and Teal'c were gonna get off the sub, even watching it the second time. Sam's horrified stare after she bites the yellow cube was priceless. You can almost hear her saying "You actually eat this stuff? What kind of sentient being are you?!"

The very coolest part was when Sam and Thor were in the Asgard docking facility looking at the O'Niell, though. That ship was so very rad. It's a pity that we only got to see Sam's plan take effect over the screens of Thor's ship. It would have had much more dramatic impact if we'd actually gotten to see the O'Niell detonate and take the Replicator ships with it. Instead we get something that looks like it's out of an 80's video game. Oh well...Replicators ate up the CGI budget, I guess.

Comment

I didn't like how how Teal'c went missing and then *poof* just showed up. But yeah, it was kind obvious that the replicators would not conquer earth...alright eppy

Comment

Originally posted by Ascendant
          Though this one wasn't as cool as Nemesis (I like the CG Replicator-blasting orgy, thank you very much), the story was pretty fun. I love Sam's long hair and everyone's reactions to Teal'c's yellow chin fuzz. It was cool seeing the Replicator queen and how they integrated the original Replicator into it. And I honestly had no idea how Jack and Teal'c were gonna get off the sub, even watching it the second time. Sam's horrified stare after she bites the yellow cube was priceless. You can almost hear her saying "You actually eat this stuff? What kind of sentient being are you?!"

The very coolest part was when Sam and Thor were in the Asgard docking facility looking at the O'Niell, though. That ship was so very rad. It's a pity that we only got to see Sam's plan take effect over the screens of Thor's ship. It would have had much more dramatic impact if we'd actually gotten to see the O'Niell detonate and take the Replicator ships with it. Instead we get something that looks like it's out of an 80's video game. Oh well...Replicators ate up the CGI budget, I guess.

I was also disappointed that we didn't get to see the O'Neill exploding in hyperspace or whatever. Though, I did like the mowing down of the replicators. I guess some cool stuff is better than no cool stuff when you are on a budget.

The end conversation where Sam had to tell Jack they blew up the ship was priceless.
          "I killed a city once. Funny story." - Wolverine

Comment

this was a good episode i liked it. i also liked the black uniform that carter wore

Comment

I liked this episode fore most of the reasons stated. Took me a while to get into the forum to check out the question I had; How Thor was able to apparently gate back to Ida without a ZPM or the like. Could it have been possible to draw power from the destination?
              Hey, if you'd been listening, you'd know that Nintendo's pass through everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith
                Daniel appeared thrice (Abyss,Changling) and so did Thor (Prometheus Untaural Selection, Disclosure) Thats six out of 22. thats only three elevenths of the time.

Ok, this is the list of episodes in which Michael Shanks appeared (either as Thor, Daniel, or archieve footage):

6x03 - Descent (Thor)
                6x06 - Abyss (Daniel, ascended)
                6x11 - Prometheus (Thor)
                6x12 - Unnatural Selection (Thor)
                6x17 - Disclosure (Thor, archive footage of Daniel)
                6x19 - The Changling (Daniel, ascended)
                6x22 - Full Circle (Daniel, ascended)

The total is 7 episodes of appearences, as Michael did the Voice of Thor and had archive footage in Disclosure.

Totals by what he appeared as:
                Thor - 4
                Daniel, ascended - 3
                Archive footage - 1

Mattathias

Comment

Great episode the asgard should have given us a ship.
                  sigpic

Comment

it would be cool if we got the oniell that would be the coolest ship ever

Comment

Great episode.... Love the replicators.... There one of my favorite villians on the show.......

http://galaxygate.freeforums.org/index.php
                      Come and join My Doctor Who fourm....
                      http://galactictraveler.proboards.com/index.cgi

Comment

Originally posted by teal'c2006 View Post
                        Great episode.... Love the replicators.... There one of my favorite villians on the show.......
                        Too right. In some ways, they are the perfect villain - they aren't trying to take over the galaxy for their own purposes, nor do they have any emotional investment in what they do. They just - well - replicate. They won't attack you unless you attack them - they'll just take over your ship.

For the more advanced civilisations, they are unstoppable - no energy weapon will hurt them. It's only us 'lesser' people who still have something that will make a dent - and that's only going to work as long as the ammo doesn't run out.

Not bad for a swarm of little bugs!
                        sigpic

Comment

Yay! I made it to Season 4!

I love this episode. The combination of drama and humour is fantastic. I was so glad to see that Thor survived after the last episode of Season 3. It was great to see something of the Asgard sense of humour. So far, the Asgard have often come across as quite 'superior'; it was nice to see Thor being so kindly towards Sam. Even if she didn't like the yellow ones.

The replicators are a great addition to the Goaul'd as a nemesis for SG1 and their allies.
                          sigpic
                          Please don't laugh, this is one of my first attempts at a banner.

Comment

How funny is it that the Asgard act very aloof and almost condescending toward humans, but secretly back on their homeworlds, they basically have a complete hero worship thing going on for SG-1, especially O'Neill. You don't name ships (especially your newest most advanced ones) after just anybody.

Comment

True... Though i wonder why jack and daniel got ships named after the but not carter or Teal'c..

Comment

I would have thought Carter would get a ship named after her long before Daniel did. She personally went to Thor's homeworld and saved them!

Comment

Working...
                                X