Nemesis (322)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    They look very purple-ish. They change more towards grey which is a far better color for them. They look like toy-bugs in their purple state, not that it makes them less lethal, but it almost gives them a "cute" look.
    I always figured the replicator change color depending on what they "eat". They turned grey because of the iron and steel feedstock they consumed on Earth.

Anyway, perhaps someone can answer something for me. And apologies if this has been brought up already. Major Davis says the stargate they beam up to the ship has enough power in it to dial out once. If that's the case, why did they need a lightning strike to power the gate to dial out from Ernest's planet? Or other episodes where they have to hook up a naquadah generator to dial out?

Comment

Perhaps because the gate had just been hooked up to the SGC power supply. Maybe the DHD on Ernest's planet had been damaged long enough for that gate's charge to dissipate.

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

I would also guess that the difference is that the SGC's gate doesn't rely on a DHD and has its own power source, much like it having been attached to a naquadah generator (which they really should have done later on to save on the electric bill...).
        Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

I like it when new evil or good characters are introduced - these buggers are creepy, nasty and new to the SGC. Much to expect if you watch for the first time. Would like to have one as a toy - I should have contacted Reese.
          CARPE DIEM
          ANJA

Comment

So does anyone know what Daniel's (well Michael Shanks's) role was in the original script before he got struck down by that burst appendix? I heard he was heavily involved before they just shot the whole thing without him.

And obviously the fishing invitation thing was lifted by Atlantis for Sunday, I definitely have no problems with that

I like the replicaTors, not their best episode but at least it introduced us to the beauty that is shotgun vs replicator.

Comment

Originally posted by Nirude View Post
              the beauty that is shotgun vs replicator.
              I like this.

Seaboe
              If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                I like this.

Seaboe
                Yes, pieces being scattered all around.
                CARPE DIEM
                ANJA

Comment

Creepy and claustrophobic. That scuttling sound gives me the creeps every time.
                  sigpic

Comment

Maneth: Agreed. Esp when you hear it before you see it.

I liked this episode. Esp when O'Neill ordered them to stay out of it. I mean really? Could it be any more obvious they would be beamed up too?

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrathraxus View Post
                      Maneth: Agreed. Esp when you hear it before you see it.

I liked this episode. Esp when O'Neill ordered them to stay out of it. I mean really? Could it be any more obvious they would be beamed up too?
                      As their commanding officer he had to order them not to come.
                      CARPE DIEM
                      ANJA

Comment

Oh yeah, but as soon as Hammond was in on their meeting couldn't you tell he would just override him .. I know I could!

Comment

Given Jack's insubordination, do you think he would listen? Remember, he is in control of the Asgard ship
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Jack wasn't in control of much . He had to watch the videos to pick it up and even then I doubt he could do anything they were not already programmed to do.

Comment

He could choose not to beam them up
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                                He could choose not to beam them up
                                Maybe he didn't know - didn't he want to beam up stuff??
                                CARPE DIEM
                                ANJA

Comment

Working...
                                X