Nemesis (322)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I loved it how they just took the Stargate

And Jack's description of the fish he could catch at that lake is great.

Signature banner by Lucia Tanaka

Comment

Actually, I think the reason Thor likes Jack is that he has the Asgard version of Jack's sense of humor. You see it a lot in Fair Game and Small Victories. The entire series of exchanges with Sam about her "dumb idea".

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
        Actually, I think the reason Thor likes Jack is that he has the Asgard version of Jack's sense of humor. You see it a lot in Fair Game and Small Victories. The entire series of exchanges with Sam about her "dumb idea".
        Ah yes, Thor is basically Jack given a few thousand years to grow up a bit

Comment

I adore Thor's sense of humor. And Shanks timing with the delivery.

Comment

I was a little surprised when I found out that Michael Shanks was the voice of Thor. And even more surprised when he didn't really want it to be known.

I love this episode. Jack's first time (I think) threatening to take Carter fishing, she looked a little worried. Although, I can't help but wonder if she changed her mind before Jack was taken up.

Oh, yeah. This was definitely a high point in the writer's careers. The Replicators are a magnifiscent enemy, and magnificent piece of work on the CGI dept. I loved this episode.
            Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel's_twin
              I was a little surprised when I found out that Michael Shanks was the voice of Thor. And even more surprised when he didn't really want it to be known.
              I think he really liked the idea of the mystery. After all, he was going to get payed for it and it wasn't like it was a huge addition to his resume.

Comment

True.
                Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Asgard Buddy
                  I loved it how they just took the Stargate

And Jack's description of the fish he could catch at that lake is great.
                  Yes jacks description of the fish was good!

True Love! <3 True Love! <3

Comment

i didn't really like this ep. The replicators don't really scare me. They're just animated Legos to me.

Not enough Daniel, either. I know MS was recovering from his appendectomy, but still. However we did get his voice with Thor, but not near as sexy as Daniel's.

Lisa Michelle

Comment

First of all, they're not really like Legos, they're more like something made from and Erector Set. Same metallic type of construct.

Second of all, it's a 'given' that the replicators are sort of akin to the Borg from ST. They're primary goal is to gain technology, they operate individually yet for a collective purpose, and in this episode, when Jack first encountered them, they pretty much ignored him in search of better game (i.e, higher technology), and since he wasn't threatening to them at that moment (like the Borg).

So how come the replicators are so dangerous to humans? We're not made of any technological material, so we can't be assimilated, and unless we're actually shooting at them, we don't pose any major threat. Can they actually get inside our brains and "know what we know"?

Comment

Originally posted by jyh
                        So how come the replicators are so dangerous to humans? We're not made of any technological material, so we can't be assimilated, and unless we're actually shooting at them, we don't pose any major threat.
                        They've probably decided that since we tend to shoot them, crash them into planets and generally attempt to annihilate them at every opportunity it's easiest if they do their pre-emptive strike thing.

And even if they aren't attacking people directly they tend not to need life support and so they eat it. Not good for humans on a space ship. They have differing views from the humans on navigation and other matters too.

Madeleine

Comment

While this is probably immaterial to this conversation, the new Human-form replicators can just go into your head and take the infomation. And another thing. Even though the Replicators may not immediately go after humans, whenever they take technology and raw materials, it seems they always destroy the people in that civilization, also.

Comment

WHOA, Michael Shanks is the voice of Thor?! OMG, I DIDN'T KNOW THAT! THAT'S GREAT!

...Um, anyway, this was a pretty cool ep. The first one out of the last few that I was really into. I was a little scared for Thor there. He's so quiet and gentle, ya just don't want anything to happen to him. Good ep.

Comment

Originally posted by Selmak
                              Every time SG-1 is aboard an asgard ship there is no crew... only thor.
                              I believe there was in Small Victories. It is when Sam and Thor beam up to the ship from the Asgard world. There was Asgard in the background.

Comment

Originally posted by Selmak
                                Every time SG-1 is aboard an asgard ship there is no crew... only thor.
                                Greytop is right, but we did have an explaination. This time...
                                Rocky

Comment

Working...
                                X