No announcement yet.

Crystal Skull (321)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i actually wonder what happened to daniels grandfather he might still be in that pyramid
    Spoiler:
    if the ori haven't already destroyed it

Comment

Another great episode. I love the way that they tie in ancient legend/culture with sci-fi. I hope Daniel gets to see Nick again, after losing his parents and wife.

Daniel's interactions with the others, when they couldn't see him, were both touching and funny. Seeing Robert examine the skull emphasises what a unique mind Daniel has.

The aliens were cool; I hope we see them again. Am I right in thinking that, as the Asgard tie-in with the Roswell Alien, these tall, grey aliens tie in with reports of aliens people claim to have seen?
      sigpic
      Please don't laugh, this is one of my first attempts at a banner.

Comment

Great episode, loved Mr. Ballard

Comment

Just watched this one again tonight. I just love this one. I love Rothman in it. I love the team's concern over Daniel. I love Jack's fall out of the infirmary bed and his "Nintendo" explanation (and Daniel's non-response to his saying it incorrectly). Mostly I love all the invisible Daniel stuff. His sitting on the control room computers listening to the conversations about him. His 'participating' in the conversations even though he can't really. His overhearing the General's sweet phone call. Telling Nick "Wait, I didn't say that!", but my favourite is the moment he realises Nick can see him. I just love the way MS played it, barely adjusting his eyeline to look right at Nick and the slow move away from the wall. Beautiful. Top 10 episode for me. Maybe top 5.

Comment

i really do love this episode. It is one of my favorites of all time but the vis effects guys did make a bit of a goof at the beginning..........seeing as that pyramid is in no possible way 1000 metres high.
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Hey, The Crystal Skull episode, one of my favourites and I’m pleased to say; I have closed a deal with someone who has that prop and I should have it in three months time. Will post pictures here when I get it.
              BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

Comment

I just watched this episode and it struck me as odd that they'd use the "Asgard theme" for these aliens. The moment they see the skull in the intro the Asgard music plays, so I thought the aliens were Asgard... made sense with the rest and I'd think the giant aliens would be holograms like Thor.. Guess not.

I really disliked all the inconsistancies that plague the "out of phase" stuff. I mean, other Scifi shows are known to deliver this kind of crappyness, but not SG1. Not to mention the horrible horrible bluescreen stuff Tealcs head even dissapears!

The music bothered me most though.

Comment

This was a pleasant surprise; a great episode! The concept was well-executed, and what a huge pyramid...
                  Last edited by Ulkesh47; 28 February 2009, 04:15 PM.
                  sigpic
                  Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Not a bad episode, I wonder what the Goa'uld did to the "Giant Aliens" that made them so mad. Maybe the pyramid connection could have something to do with it. Perhaps the Goa'uld stole their Ha'tak class mother ship design from the giant aliens along with some other technology. I don't see how the Goa'uld could be able to kill or hurt the "Giant Aliens", which is why I suggested some sort of theft.

On a fun side note, I wonder if Daniel was stuck out of phase forever in a different reality. Like SG-1 tries to figure it out for a month and then they just let it go, give Daniel another funeral and he remains trapped forever.
                    sigpic

Comment

Wait, wasn't Harrison Ford supposed to be in this one?

Rating: 6/10

Full Review: http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/2...tal-skull.html
                      My attempt to watch every episode of SG-1 and Atlantis this summer:
                      http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/

Comment

the giant alien is cool. invisible daniel is funny. an okay episode.

Comment

this is a cool episode i just like the fact that no one but his grandfather could see him
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HelloVelo View Post
                            Wait, wasn't Harrison Ford supposed to be in this one?
                            No, SG1 were supposed to be in INDIE 4
                            People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

gouald stole their pyramid idea
                              sigpic

Comment

Poor, poor Daniel. The guys got no family left.

His parents die when he was 6. His wife died at the hands of Teal'c. He found his wife's son only to lose him again (though the boy is safe). And now he finally reunites with his grandpa only to lose him to the giant aliens. Poor guy.

What the hell happened to Grandpa anyway? The agreement was to exchange knowledge and culture, not give ours to them.

Comment

Working...
                                X